Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: wether or not LE has visited with the kids.

I would bet $100 that they have. There are trained people who can talk with the kids and get the information they need without traumatizing the kids.

Ohhh, I bet they have not. I wish we knew one way or the other, but doubt we'll hear.

That makes it very clear to me. Thank you. I did not understand who fell into the victim category. I am clear now. Apologies again.

Websleuths is a special place for really discussing cases with particular integrity. I lurked on several cases before i felt I understood enough to comment. That said, everyones input is important and can help. This case is particularly frustrating to many because of the lack of detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO, it's going to be a long, long time (if ever) that we find out what happened to dear Sherri. There has been no "new" news in over a week - not from LE, not from family, not from friends. This case is dying a quiet death and it's a shame. Sherri seems to be a lovely soul and I really feel for her family. But I've come to the conclusion this case is cold and getting colder by the day. Like so many others we wonder about even years later. Sorry to be so gloomy, but we've been here dozens of times before. So many people are just...gone.

It's definitely been the strangest, quietest case of a missing / possibly abducted woman, that I have ever followed. Jennifer Huston got a ton of press and public interest, even though evidence was pointing toward suicide. It really makes no sense.

Can someone please clarify for me if the phone and ear buds were found together?
In my mind if she did run away they would be. But if she was abducted I can see the assailant may throw them out the car window separately.

Thank you for taking the time to make that clear! I think I got this (at least that part of the rules)!

Hi, JLM. Welcome to the forum! We all make mistakes at the beginning, don't worry about it. The "rule" you are violating is sleuthing the husband AFTER he has officially been cleared by LE. Once LE clears someone, you may not post anything accusatory or openly declare that that person may be involved. Now that LE has cleared the husband, he is officially (on Websleuths) a victim. And you may not accuse or bash a victim on this forum.

Hope that helps!

Has LE stated the last time anyone heard from Sherri? We know KP stated she sent a text to him at 10:37 a.m. because he's stated it and I'm sure LE has confirmed it, but has LE stated anything one way or another about that being the last communication she had with anyone?

How has LE proffered the information about the 10:37 a.m. text? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Sherri's phone was used to send a text to her husband? Because a text can be sent by anyone with access to the phone. Or am I missing some pertinent info regarding the text issue? (Which is highly possible.)

IMO, it's going to be a long, long time (if ever) that we find out what happened to dear Sherri. There has been no "new" news in over a week - not from LE, not from family, not from friends. This case is dying a quiet death and it's a shame. Sherri seems to be a lovely soul and I really feel for her family. But I've come to the conclusion this case is cold and getting colder by the day. Like so many others we wonder about even years later. Sorry to be so gloomy, but we've been here dozens of times before. So many people are just...gone.
Reminds me of Tara Grinsted Gone but not forgotten even for a day!

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Ohhh, I bet they have not. I wish we knew one way or the other, but doubt we'll hear.

I can't imagine why you would think that. LE would speak to all immediate family members, including the kids.

Public service announcement, especially for newbies, but good for us all...:D

Just suggestions that might be helpful...

I've found that it's best to pick up reading a thread again right where I left off and I don't reply to a post until I am caught up. Chances are someone has already answered a question or cleared up confusion and my belatedly jumping in to answer makes for a redundant thread.

Also, reading everything before posting makes sure I don't miss mod reminders. If I see a post that is clearly breaking rules, it's best not to quote it. If it has to be removed, that makes more work for mods. Either report it or post a separate reminder to the member who forgot the rules.

But if I comment on any other post, I've found it's easier for others to follow if I use the "reply to post" button. Orphan posts sometimes land out of context and leave us wondering what it's about.

Read and reread The Rules as needed. When in doubt, pm a mod before posting to make sure it's OK.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

These are tips I've learned by messing up. :) And I'm sure I'll mess up again, so it's always good to remind ourselves how to help a thread run smoothly, and above all, not get it shut down.

Carry on. :loveyou::loveyou:

I can't imagine why you would think that. LE would speak to all immediate family members, including the kids.

I could be very wrong, but I understand that parents must give consent for the children to be interviewed. The fact that KP has admitted he has not addressed the kids about mom being missing, coupled with the fact that they were not home that day, makes me suspect they may not have put resources here.

The last I read (a couple of days ago), KP had not even told the kids that she is missing. I don't know what pretense LE would use to ask them questions?

How has LE proffered the information about the 10:37 a.m. text? Wouldn't it be more accurate to say Sherri's phone was used to send a text to her husband? Because a text can be sent by anyone with access to the phone. Or am I missing some pertinent info regarding the text issue? (Which is highly possible.)
I don't know that they have confirmed anything which is why I am asking. For all we know she may have talked to her mom at 10:45 a.m.. I would like to know what LE has stated regarding the matter or if they've stated nothing.

Has LE stated the last time anyone heard from Sherri? We know KP stated she sent a text to him at 10:37 a.m. because he's stated it and I'm sure LE has confirmed it, but has LE stated anything one way or another about that being the last communication she had with anyone?

The only thing LE has said is one officer stated in an interview that "the last we knew is that she was jogging on this road right here behind us and her cell phone connections went dead around noon. She hadn't been seen from, from that time." (Source.)

I think he meant to say "her cell phone communications ceased," but who knows. Either way, no cell phone usage after noon.

To the newbies: It can be hard being new to a thread or this board in general, and trying to keep up. It moves so fast and I will see 50-100+ new posts every hour and think something big has happened. Sometimes, especially now with no new info, it helps to just take the time to go back and read from the start. I know it's so easy to just jump in but you'll find many detailed discussions about almost every angle there is to possibly think of. And if not, then please share anything new that you are pondering (that is allowable)!! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be very wrong, but I understand that parents must give consent for the children to be interviewed. The fact that KP has admitted he has not addressed the kids about mom being missing, coupled with the fact that they were not home that day, makes me suspect they may not have put resources here.

Yes but he has been an open book. He wouldn't not give permission and they can speak to kids without stating she's missing. And they can get information as to if they did see mommy upset or a stranger near by etc leading up to that day and also that morning before DC.

Not sure if this helps in any way, but in their family picture the Papinis are wearing American flag tshirts, the kids holding flags; they are obviously very patriotic and this was known on their social media, correct?

I'm a tad creeped out re: "the pillow", ie the gift, wasn't it an American flag printed or embroidered pillow?

A flag as a gift can suggest a funeral. A partly wrapped flag. It's a stretch but could that be a jab at KPs patriotism and a threat to the wife,

Or did she make stuff like that a lot? See, i need detailslol.
I think she did make stuff because she had a sewing board on Pinterest.

The patriotic picture was likely on 4th of July. There has been no mention of military service either way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In regards to the text rec'd by SP by the husband @ 1 (I can't remember the exact min)

There are times when for whatever reason *usually because the cell is out and about using 4g. I have texted my husband or son and didn't realize that our min were "out".
I don't understand how to explain it. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the appropriate wording could translate what I am trying to convey.

ANYWAY --- say I sent a text at 4:30p asking them to stop and pick up milk.
I have witnessed them walk in the door @ 7:00p and just as they do,(WITH NO MILK) my text from 4:30p comes through,
because their phone just reconnected to our wi-fi.

Data minutes? data plan?
Data gigs?
Whatever it is the texts don't go thru like they should.
**Obviously if the cell is powered off, the text won't come through until the cell is powered on again.

Also, the idea that the husband didnt respond about lunch for 3 hours, could all be about nothing. Especially if there is any question about cell coverage in that particular area.
🌟someone please explain how this happens more clearly so people can understand my point ! 🌟

Just my 2 cents here and my opinion only.

And it's also a fact that he's been fully cooperative with LE. They have people that are specialized in talking with kids in cases like this. They don't have to tell the kids that their mom was possibly abducted- just ask questions that a four year old child wouldn't put together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this is important. What does that tell us? Suicide? Voluntary? Good lead on a suspect? LE incompetence?
Could be any of those. They are all really different. They each point to basically every direction this could go. I really hope it's not incompetence. The locals seem to not have a lot of faith in the sheriffs dept there. I just don't know. I flip flop every single day. I just don't know. I pray we find out soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He is family and is considered a victim unless specifically designated a POI or suspect by law enforcement. You're really not supposed to sleuth (except the person missing) or discuss the guilt of anyone that hasn't been named of interest, but especially family.

This is correct. ^^^^^

Hi, JLM. Welcome to the forum! We all make mistakes at the beginning, don't worry about it. The "rule" you are violating is sleuthing the husband AFTER he has officially been cleared by LE. Once LE clears someone, you may not post anything accusatory or openly declare that that person may be involved. Now that LE has cleared the husband, he is officially (on Websleuths) a victim. And you may not accuse or bash a victim on this forum.

Hope that helps!

This isn't quite correct. ^^^^^^
The rules do not allow us to imply anything about family even BEFORE they have been cleared. They are victims until they are classified differently. I imagine that's what you meant. :)

We all need to memorize this! :D
"The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them."

Scroll down to Victim Friendly
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members