Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why would you think those people voted? I doubt very many amped up drug addicts registered to vote and then went to the polls on that Tuesday..

Don't take the bait. I've seen it in other threads. It always turns into a debate where nobody wins. And then we're all off topic. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear all, sorry to clutter. But i googled "serial killer prey jogger" and found a recent Northeast US cluster of killings cited by a media site as all happening to female joggers.
Three young women have been murdered while jogging in three different states between July 30 and August 7. Could the cases be related?There are some similarities beyond the obvious fact all three young women – Karina Vetrano, Ally Brueger, and now Vanessa Marcotte – were jogging when they died in just over a week’s time span.Two of the women – Brueger and Marcotte – were jogging in the afternoon. All of the women were pretty brunettes in roughly the same age range described as vibrant and positive personalities by those who knew them. They were all between the ages of 27 and 31, were creative, professional women, and were found in remote areas.https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...-new-york-massachusetts-michigan-jogging/amp/
If one added cases like Heather McDonald.I understand it's unlikely to be same guy or group however.If so. They are picking towns that are remote yet high crime. There's been a scapegoat ie RSO to frame in each place.It's a spree, like the killer is celebrating. He is happy or stressed about a big change. Maybe politics or he came into some money.It just seems odd that suddenly theres all these joggers getting grabbed.I can't get over how cowardly and low, these "men" who abduct folk half their size.P.s.
There are unsettling parallels between the murders of registered nurse and writer Alexandra “Ally” Brueger, 31, in Michigan on July 30; caterer and blogger Karina Vetrano, 30, in New York City on August 2; and Google employee Vanessa Marcotte in Massachusetts on August 7.Although they occurred in different states, the women were all attractive, petite brunettes (in some photographs, Ms Vetrano and Ms Marcotte could be mistaken for sisters) of a similar age who were attacked while on their daily run.http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fi...d/news-story/7344d2ffc160e2fd4dde8ff7183c377a
5+ female joggers, you know what i think? It could be political. Some guy offended literally by women running for president.The only current event related reason i can think of, so dumb but what if?

Me too! Clothing found in a ditch...in a tan Chevy on her property...a man and woman fighting at an intersection...

Is anything official via PD?
I'm sorry. Where does it say this? I can't find it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Me too! Clothing found in a ditch...in a tan Chevy on her property...a man and woman fighting at an intersection...

Is anything official via PD?

Somebody stated that the Tan Chevy in the call logs belongs to a person in the Papini family. The clothes being found inside was a mistake. I didn't understand the call log.

Somebody stated that the Tan Chevy in the call logs belongs to a person in the Papini family. The clothes being found inside was a mistake. I didn't understand the call log.

I definitely don't understand it, either.

Are these bits and pieces of daily logs? We can't really interpret those as laid out as fact

It just seems odd that suddenly theres all these joggers getting grabbed.
I can't get over how cowardly and low, these "men" who abduct folk half their size.

With some of the other joggers I can understand how they got targeted by strangers while in this particular case I think it was by someone known to her. The impression given that she was snatched at the intersection where the mailboxes are at around lunchtime I think is staged. I think this was done by someone who knew her in some way, knew her routines and who intentionally left misleading evidence to throw off the investigation. This could now be why Sherri's mom is saying she thinks it was done by someone known to her rather than a stranger.

Can anybody inform me what BTWN Male means?

police report.jpg

I think what the last line is saying is that there was a 415 (public disturbance) BETWEEN a male in a vehicle and a female on foot. (arguing, fighting ?? )

This guy is saying he witnessed the incident at that intersection, and will be waiting at the intersection in a green pickup with a lumber rack and light bar.

This is our eye witness to what happened to her. The report was taken yesterday, 11/14/16 for some odd reason. This guy may have called it in and nobody ever got back with him.............. "RP" stand for reporting party. This guy tried to contact major crimes about what he saw and was detoured elsewhere.

10 cities where violent crime is increasing

Redding is #5 on the list:

5. Redding, Calif.

> 5-year increase in violent crime rate: 53.8%

> Violent crime per 100,000 (2007): 470.2

> Violent crime per 100,000 (2012): 723.4

> Murders per 100,000: 3.9

There were 1,298 violent crimes in the Redding metro area in 2012, up from 851 violent crimes in 2007. On a standardized, per 100,000 resident basis, violent crime rose more than 53% in that time.

http://time.com/6729/10-cities-where-violent-crime-is-soaring/

I am now thinking the partially wrapped present is highly significant. Here's what has been widely reported about the present:

"During his search of the house, Keith says he found a partially wrapped present addressed to him from his wife and two kids. “She must have been wrapping her presents,” he says. “It is like an American flag pillow that she more than likely she made it. It wasn’t here when I left, so I know that she must have been working on that.”

There are several sources for this, here's one, for example: LINK.

Some observations:

- He says "she more than likely she made it." Sherri often does crafts it seems, and I can see how an American flag pillow looks crafty, but the truth is they are widely commercially available, and not very expensive. There's a good chance she didn't make it. Just an observation.

- I initially thought it was hidden, because it says it was found during a search. However, "It wasn't here when I left," does tend to indicate it was left out. (Thanks, Tuliptiptoe, for pointing that out in the previous thread.)

So this has me thinking: who would go anywhere and leave out a partially wrapped present, which was meant for their husband, when he could possibly come home for lunch? You just wouldn't do that. It does tend to indicate she was taken from the home.

However, that raises a couple of questions. Why no signs of a struggle? And why was the phone found a mile away from the home?

One possibility is that the perp brought the phone to misdirect on where the crime scene was. And of course it's possible she was subdued without a struggle.

It's puzzling. How else can the partially wrapped present be explained? Even if she ran out of supplies, she would not have left it out and left the house. That just makes no sense to me.

I think what the last line is saying is that there was a 415 (public disturbance) BETWEEN a male in a vehicle and a female on foot. (arguing, fighting ?? )

This guy is saying he witnessed the incident at that intersection, and will be waiting at the intersection in a green pickup with a lumber rack and light bar.

This is our eye witness to what happened to her. The report was taken yesterday, 11/14/16 for some odd reason. This guy may have called it in and nobody ever got back with him..............

A woman's life is at stake and you wait 12 days? Or LE just sat on it for 12 days? Yeah, I'm not buying that.

I am now thinking the partially wrapped present is highly significant. Here's what has been widely reported about the present:

"During his search of the house, Keith says he found a partially wrapped present addressed to him from his wife and two kids. “She must have been wrapping her presents,” he says. “It is like an American flag pillow that she more than likely she made it. It wasn’t here when I left, so I know that she must have been working on that.”

There are several sources for this, here's one, for example: LINK.

Some observations:

- He says "she more than likely she made it." Sherri often does crafts it seems, and I can see how an American flag pillow looks crafty, but the truth is they are widely commercially available, and not very expensive. There's a good chance she didn't make it. Just an observation.

- I initially thought it was hidden, because it says it was found during a search. However, "It wasn't here when I left," does tend to indicate it was left out. (Thanks, Tuliptiptoe, for pointing that out in the previous thread.)

So this has me thinking: who would go anywhere and leave out a partially wrapped present, which was meant for their husband, when he could possibly come home for lunch? You just wouldn't do that. It does tend to indicate she was taken from the home.

However, that raises a couple of questions. Why no signs of a struggle? And why was the phone found a mile away from the home?

One possibility is that the perp brought the phone to misdirect on where the crime scene was. And of course it's possible she was subdued without a struggle.

It's puzzling. How else can the partially wrapped present be explained? Even if she ran out of supplies, she would not have left it out and left the house. That just makes no sense to me.

You're right ... it makes no sense. Along with a lot of other things.

View attachment 104682

This is our eye witness to what happened to her. The report was taken yesterday, 11/14/16 for some odd reason. This guy may have called it in and nobody ever got back with him.............. "RP" stand for reporting party. This guy tried to contact major crimes about what he saw and was detoured elsewhere.

It's very disturbing reading posts on the help find Sherri page where people are calling in tips, and LE is taking their time following up. 200 leads in two weeks is not a lot IMO. If I were part of the Papini family I'd be on those police about treating these leads with more urgency. Glad they hired a PI to help with this case.

True. There was a report from the 11/14 log in which LE met with SP's family at her residence as a follow-up. It reported someone who "may have" witnessed an altercation between a man in a vehicle and a woman on foot. I understand LE has to be inundated with tips and it obviously takes time to invest all of them. But there are so many reports of people calling in tips in which they do not believe the tips are being treated as significant. I hope that is not the case. I can't imagine SP's family seeing these posts and not wanting to investigate them on their own. No one knows with certainty which will be the tip that leads to finding her. I get so discouraged reading the logs, but I try to find hope in the fact that tips continue to flow in. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since she disappeared :(

Are these bits and pieces of daily logs? We can't really interpret those as laid out as fact

I think we are looking at cleared calls/leads on the call sheet. It looks like this call was received at 16:36, Dispatcher at 17:18, Arrival of officer at 17:42 and finally cleared at 18:03.

link: http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/docs/Sheriff/daily-logs/11-14-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=2
attachment.php

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 447

This is also one of the reasons why I don't think she did extended jogging with her jogging more limited to 30 minutes than 3 hours as otherwise she could have found herself miles away when her husband could have let her know he'd be on his way home for lunch

You have to be careful when putting a whole lot of stake in some of these reports, especially the most recent ones. If LE can backtrack and find out if indeed this person did call someone about it the day it happened, then I would consider it a rock solid lead.

However, a $50,000 reward tends to bring out every fruit and nut within a 10 mile radius in the hopes that something they saw that day will result in a very merry christmas.

True. There was a report from the 11/14 log in which LE met with SP's family at her residence as a follow-up. It reported someone who "may have" witnessed an altercation between a man in a vehicle and a woman on foot. I understand LE has to be inundated with tips and it obviously takes time to invest all of them. But there are so many reports of people calling in tips in which they do not believe the tips are being treated as significant. I hope that is not the case. I can't imagine SP's family seeing these posts and not wanting to investigate them on their own. No one knows with certainty which will be the tip that leads to finding her. I get so discouraged reading the logs, but I try to find hope in the fact that tips continue to flow in. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since she disappeared :(

Exactly! And with the police saying they have very little leads, you'd think when someone calls in something suspicious they'd be on it in a timely matter, not wait a day to check it out. I'm sure the family is reading through every one of those posts. They've got to be so frustrated.

It's very disturbing reading posts on the help find Sherri page where people are calling in tips, and LE is taking their time following up. 200 leads in two weeks is not a lot IMO. If I were part of the Papini family I'd be on those police about treating these leads with more urgency. Glad they hired a PI to help with this case.

We don't know that they hired Bill Garcia, do we? I read he volunteered to help the family. I saw where he spoke to the family, said he provided some comfort (whatever that means) and went to the place where her phone was found.

I haven't seen anything else.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads