Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at Google Maps at the intersection of Old Oregon Trail and Sunrise Dr and in street view it looks like Sunrise turns into a gravel road. I can't seem to street view at the Sunrise Dr and Sundust Rd intersection, but I wonder if it's the same sort of terrain. From Sundust to Old Oregon, it's about a mile. I don't know what to make of these facts yet, but thought they might be worth mentioning.

Is it possible she disappeared on her own? She checked to see if her husband would be home for lunch, left for her walk/run about that time and just didn't come home? I don't know. I feel like it's not that "simple" but I also know it's really easy to get caught up in it automatically being a crime.

I hope the family can get some answers soon.

IMO absolutely possible. I noticed all those side roads as well and they are surrounded by forest. She could have used one of them and not be seen and/or slipped into the woods unnoticed.

Can't deny 'Shades of Leanne Bearden'...

Where are you Sherri?????

:candle:

Nothing has been ruled out, as far as I know. If she did take off, what would we expect to see? Some means of supporting herself? Transportation? A disguise? Fake ID? Hints that she was seriously disaffected with her present life? I'm just thinking out loud.

I think it's hard to say. In this article on Voluntary Missing Persons it gives an example of a straight-A student from Rice who preferring running away and becoming homeless than having to live with the ongoing pressure of being a superstudent:
https://charleyross.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/voluntary-missing-adult/

I think it's hard to say. In this article on Voluntary Missing Persons it gives an example of a straight-A student from Rice who preferring running away and becoming homeless than having to live with the ongoing pressure of being a superstudent:
https://charleyross.wordpress.com/2009/03/09/voluntary-missing-adult/
Yes, it happens. Sherri's family thinks it's incomprehensible in this case, judging from their remarks. But it's still possible, especially with no indisputable evidence of a struggle.

They all must think that someone she knows has her. That would explain a lot.

Do we know what time the mail is usually delivered to the mailboxes on her street?

Thanks! Yes, I had seen KP and SP's sister spoke last night at the council meeting. In addition to getting the word out about SP, they want to do a balloon launch to reach more people. It was actually the other address in the logs that I was questioning.

I don't know what it means but

City Council Chambers
4488 Red Bluff Street

if it were suicide wouldn't we have a body?

Maybe. Eventually. It can take a long time. Leanne Bearden, for one. Braydn Fuksa is another. A lot depends on whether they want to be found right away, and if there's a motivation to make a suicide look like something else. Not saying that's what happened here. I hope it's not.

If you were in the midst of wrapping a gift and realized you needed to drop something in the mailbox before it was too late, would you stop what you were doing in order to do so?

I wonder what time the mail runs there.

if it were suicide wouldn't we have a body?

Leanne Bearden disappeared Jan 17, 2014 after telling her DH she was going for a walk, her body was found Feb 14, 2014 hanging from a tree very close to her in-laws home. (IIRC)

ETA: PLENTY of people were suspicious of her DH....FWIW.

If you were in the midst of wrapping a gift and realized you needed to drop something in the mailbox before it was too late, would you stop what you were doing in order to do so?

I wonder what time the mail runs there.
Not if the mailbox were a mile away. I'd finish wrapping. Then again I'm a "get it done" kind of wrapper, I don't do all the fancy stuff I see on pinterest.
Jmo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My bf has a second set he carries when out on his bike - she may have had an extra mail key / house on her?

Regarding this, as has been mentioned a long ways back, there could have been a keypad for the garage or even one for the house doors...at one of my former homes, we did indeed have them...JMO

It's definitely what makes the most sense at this point. I"m not ruling out the very rare kidnapping for ransom. That's what the Beverly Carter case started out as and we didn't know about it while she was missing.

One thing keeping me from believing her husband had anything to do with this is the fact he hasn't told the children yet that they don't know where she is. He seems to really want her to come home to her children so he doesn't have to upset them.

There was mention of SP being harassed earlier in the first thread I think. I wish we had more details about that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Regarding this, as has been mentioned a long ways back, there could have been a keypad for the garage or even one for the house doors...at one of my former homes, we did indeed have them...JMO

My alarm co app allows me to open my garage doors using my phone...I never carry keys with me unless I drive somewhere

I agree, which is why I said it could "contribute" to why she had the carry permit. Having children, being home alone during the day, known RSOs not far from the house are also contributors, IMO. The fact that her family immediately thought about an abduction also is concerning as we really don't know if there had been any threats or anything suspicious occurring prior to her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14