Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to catch up with Thread 4, but I'm still wondering about the half-wrapped package KP found "addressed to him." Forgive me for interrupting the current flow of discussion to mention this.

Maybe it's just me, but when I wrap packages, I save the gift tag for last thing, so if I were interrupted in wrapping, you'd find that package later on half-wrapped, but not tagged or labeled, yet.

JMO...but to me, the half-wrapped heart-pillow gift left where KP would notice it that day "addressed to him" and the phone found at the intersection seem almost like they could be plants. I also get a sense from SP's pinterest and photobucket that she is unusually drawn to romance and fairytale (even the photo of her as a tot with the huge toy fairy castle made it into her adult photobucket, along with several romantic, heavily costumed Victorian-style prints which were also prevalent in her pinterest).

Maybe I'm just trying to find a way to avoid the worst possible scenario, but I'm not quite convinced this was an abduction, yet.

Did they interview the daycare staff? Did Sherri usually drop off her kids in the morning? Anything different about the drop off or good byes on the day she disappeared? One would assume if she planned to leave voluntarily the drop off that morning would look different...

I find it interesting that she had and sold ATT technology equipment. Is there an underground market for this? Is this why the FBI are involved?

I am really hoping she returns quickly and safely to her family and friends. I am really hoping that this was something that was staged for publicity or money and that she is alive and well. I am really hoping...

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The trafficking culture is changing and there is no one profile that fits the victims. Younger girls are still more likely to be preyed upon and groomed, but adults are also abducted. They lack the naivety, but it's not needed as they are broken with drugs and force, beaten into submission. Stereotypes can lead to missing persons cases not being given the attention they deserve. Middle-class teens from good homes are labeled as "runaways". The gorilla traffickers force them to call family or friends to say they chose to leave and are fine (often with the groomer boyfriend), while having a gun pointed at their head. When adult women vanish into thin air, they just "walked off" never wanting any contact with their children or families. Their lives are picked apart and reassembled into whatever is needed to make sense of why they just left it all behind. Cases grow cold and the traffickers win because everyone bought what they were selling. Clearly they're not likely to be at Kroger scoping out the middle-aged, overweight, stressed out moms in the cereal aisle. Traffickers are looking for someone younger, fitter, and prettier for their commodity.

Trafficking is also being discussing on the HFSP page. California leads the U.S. in trafficking and it's a big problem in Shasta County. SP is beautiful, fit, petite and could easily pass for a college student. At first glance, I don't think she would be characterized as a 34 year old, married, SAHM of 2. For the record, I've stated that I think is more likely that a RSO was involved in her disappearance than a trafficker. But I wouldn't rule it out any more than the other theories being discussed. My apologies if I've come across too aggressively. All JMO, of course.

Human traffickers do not truck in respectable 30-something married women, whose disappearance is guaranteed to wreak investigative havoc; rather they are at the bus stops hoping to pull naive girls away from their first city trips.

http://www.helpfindsherripapini.com Haven't seen this linked yet and apologize if it has in previous pages I'm about to read and catch up but wanted to post this. Also what if the anonymous person is the killer or whatever and he's doing it to throw off cops even more? Why say you won't turn them in and just want her back if the person who will negotiate has a group that's against people being kidnapped wouldn't they want this person in jail? Just feels fishy and I read he's only offering it until Wednesday before he leaves Redding to his next job site as if he's there for work but if you care about having her safe wouldn't you keep the offer up? Just feels weird especially since they won't say their name and have a time cap on it and I read someone called the number and the number was disconnected and the email wasn't working or something like that which the msm that posted that could be wrong but it just feels off. Like the tossed phone and various other things I think it could be to throw the cops off. Same with the shoe the jacket the check book the twine and knife and underwear and any other evidence that they haven't said if it's related to her but would clearly occupy the cops until they know it isn't related giving the perp time to get safely away. I will say I'm glad they have a lead on the Princeton jogger murder and hope they find the SUV and it sounds like it's someone who lives by her mom who probably watched her grow up and was obsessed and took his chance cause why else get the neighborhoods dna? I'll be curious to see if it'll have connection to this case and the other two New York ones. I don't feel it is a coincidence that all this jogger killingd and everything is random but it could be a copy cat. Cause I wanna say the two and maybe third one who was shot are all the same perp but don't know if this case is unless the person became smarter and evolved. I hope she's alive and they find her and it turns out she left with someone she was secretly seeing because right now that's the least awful scenario.

Still trying to catch up with Thread 4, but I'm still wondering about the half-wrapped package KP found "addressed to him." Forgive me for interrupting the current flow of discussion to mention this.

Maybe it's just me, but when I wrap packages, I save the gift tag for last thing, so if I were interrupted in wrapping, you'd find that package later on half-wrapped, but not tagged or labeled, yet.

JMO...but to me, the half-wrapped heart-pillow gift left where KP would notice it that day "addressed to him" and the phone found at the intersection seem almost like they could be plants. I also get a sense from SP's pinterest and photobucket that she is unusually drawn to romance and fairytale (even the photo of her as a tot with the huge toy fairy castle made it into her adult photobucket, along with several romantic, heavily costumed Victorian-style prints which were also prevalent in her pinterest).

Maybe I'm just trying to find a way to avoid the worst possible scenario, but I'm not quite convinced this was an abduction, yet.

Ha! Maybe it's a good idea to change the flow of conversation! :D

Normally I do the gift card last too. But if I'm putting a gift in a bag with an attached card, I will write it first while I can still lay the bag flat on a table. Since she was wrapping an odd shaped gift, the pillow, I assume she probably used a bag with tissue paper to cover the pillow. Perhaps she had not put the tissue paper in the bag yet, enabling KP to see it. It could still be a plant though...or an interruption...or a distraction. I waffle.

I haven't had access to Sherri's Pinterest except a glimpse of the Alter Ego/Stepford Wives page, filled with Victorian dresses. Your thoughts about romance and fantasy are interesting. We don't know Sherri's state of mind and I wouldn't presume to guess. What I do know is that my wealthy, freedom-loving grandmother walked away from my mother (6 months old) and her sister (age 3) in 1912. I suspect she was abused, but she could have had many reasons, including postpartum depression or a desire for an unconventional life. Walk-away mothers are more common now, so I can't ever assume that a mother would never leave her children.

I really want to rule out abduction, so I get where you're coming from. I'm still on the fence with all the scenarios, I'm afraid.

I agree! That's one of the myths that needs to be dispelled. Coercion and fraud are used with any aged victim. Younger girls are threatened with having their parents killed, while mothers would fear most for their children. Anyone can be drugged and beaten into submission and there are many male victims. Stories told by those who were fortunate to have escaped are just heartbreaking. I believe our sources were different, but I think both numbers are accurate. One report noted the better victims could bring in $10,000 a week, seeing over 30 Johns a day.

With respect to SP, I've always felt it was someone who knows her and was aware of her schedule. I also think she is a fighter and that gives me hope.

Soanyway, thank you for clarifying the average.
Regarding SP, actually in some trafficking circles blonde hair blue eyes petite is what they look for. Esp overseas eek.

^to the user discussing age of victims, i think it depends on the type of ring. :(

P.s. before responding to that i was going to share my latest thought, perhaps not original, but it would explain no witnesses to a struggle.

The abductor may have known about the children and threatened them. Which may have led Sherri to get into a car without a fight. At which point the phone could feasibly have been removed from her possession and discarded.

Sorry to be a Conjecture o matic.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. The trafficking culture is changing and there is no one profile that fits the victims. Younger girls are still more likely to be preyed upon and groomed, but adults are also abducted. They lack the naivety, but it's not needed as they are broken with drugs and force, beaten into submission. Stereotypes can lead to missing persons cases not being given the attention they deserve. Middle-class teens from good homes are labeled as "runaways". The gorilla traffickers force them to call family or friends to say they chose to leave and are fine (often with the groomer boyfriend), while having a gun pointed at their head. When adult women vanish into thin air, they just "walked off" never wanting any contact with their children or families. Their lives are picked apart and reassembled into whatever is needed to make sense of why they just left it all behind. Cases grow cold and the traffickers win because everyone bought what they were selling. Clearly they're not likely to be at Kroger scoping out the middle-aged, overweight, stressed out moms in the cereal aisle. Traffickers are looking for someone younger, fitter, and prettier for their commodity.

Trafficking is also being discussing on the HFSP page. California leads the U.S. in trafficking and it's a big problem in Shasta County. SP is beautiful, fit, petite and could easily pass for a college student. At first glance, I don't think she would be characterized as a 34 year old, married, SAHM of 2. For the record, I've stated that I think is more likely that a RSO was involved in her disappearance than a trafficker. But I wouldn't rule it out any more than the other theories being discussed. My apologies if I've come across too aggressively. All JMO, of course.
No, not at all, yet I do disagree with your somewhat sweeping purview of this alleged danger.

Did they interview the daycare staff? Did Sherri usually drop off her kids in the morning? Anything different about the drop off or good byes on the day she disappeared? One would assume if she planned to leave voluntarily the drop off that morning would look different...

I find it interesting that she had and sold ATT technology equipment. Is there an underground market for this? Is this why the FBI are involved?

I am really hoping she returns quickly and safely to her family and friends. I am really hoping that this was something that was staged for publicity or money and that she is alive and well. I am really hoping...

:welcome: Those are good questions. We don't know the answers unfortunately.

A few random thoughts bouncing off your post...

Regarding ATT, Sherri's work for ATT took her to Humboldt county on the north coast of CA. I have wanted to mention that someone from Humboldt could have become obsessed with her or the other way around. I hope those contacts have been checked out.

http://kymkemp.com/?s=Sherri+Papini

Last year a creep held a woman who looks similar to Sherri as a sex slave on a marijuana farm in Humboldt. He kept her drugged and she told her family to leave her alone (under duress of course). She did escape, but did not press charges so this guy is still around to find another woman to victimize.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/09/09/sex-t...dustry-an-investigation-centered-in-humboldt/

No, not at all, yet I do disagree with your somewhat sweeping purview of this alleged danger.

As in you think it would be safe for her to jog alone, for instance? I admit I run or bike alone, and sometimes sleep at rest stops. I think if this was trafficking it's scary to think it would happen the way it did and how could you prevent it?

:welcome: Those are good questions. We don't know the answers unfortunately.

A few random thoughts bouncing off your post...

Regarding ATT, Sherri's work for ATT took her to Humboldt county on the north coast of CA. I have wanted to mention that someone from Humboldt could have become obsessed with her or the other way around. I hope those contacts have been checked out.

http://kymkemp.com/?s=Sherri+Papini

Last year a creep held a woman who looks similar to Sherri as a sex slave on a marijuana farm in Humboldt. He kept her drugged and she told her family to leave her alone (under duress of course). She did escape, but did not press charges so this guy is still around to find another woman to victimize.

http://kymkemp.com/2016/09/09/sex-t...dustry-an-investigation-centered-in-humboldt/

I think I remember that case. You posted a lot of information about the places and how desolate they are. And it has a nickname. Anyway, I thought she went there on her own at first to work for them. But I might be thinking of someone else. Does that sound right?

As in you think it would be safe for her to jog alone, for instance? I admit I run or bike alone, and sometimes sleep at rest stops. I think if this was trafficking it's scary to think it would happen the way it did and how could you prevent it?
Generally, just living in the West does the trick, and I don't just mean California.

We're all safe until we're not, but very likely we stay all safe.

He says they're searching through her social media. Does anyone know what she had besides Pinterest and a photo site account? Meaning did she have instagram, Facebook, twitter? I believe I read she didn't and found that rather alarming she didn't have any of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That crossed my mind because while I have to use mine to network for modeling I know that if I had a scary stalker I would delete them but also my ex who's around her she tries to tell me people that age don't have most social media but I don't agree. So either she doesn't use it cause of a stalker or she just doesn't like it or she and her husband share profiles on them like they do fb

I think I remember that case. You posted a lot of information about the places and how desolate they are. And it has a nickname. Anyway, I thought she went there on her own at first to work for them. But I might be thinking of someone else. Does that sound right?

Good memory! Yes, that's the one. It was Southern Humboldt county, known as SoHum among locals or former locals like me. She did go there to work as a trimmer, but was let go because she wasn't fast enough. Then the guy she came with took over her life.

We had a thread here until it was shut down because the only source was Kym Kemp's news blog RedHeadedBlackBelt (a highly respected, but not MSM news source in the area). A couple of her friends (never verified) posted on the thread. I never knew what happened to her until the article I linked above came out. It was a relief to know that she broke free. If this is what happened to Sherri, I hope the same for her.

This is the strangest case ever..

This case makes me think of the McStay family meets Abigail Hernandez. Has alot of similarities to both cases. One of those cases ended terribly and Abigail Hernandez found her way home 9 months later after seemingly disappearing into thin air.

I apologize in advance if these things have already been discussed, but I've tried to catch up as best I can. I have some outstanding questions that I didn't see answered, or in some cases even asked.

- Are we sure those mailboxes in the picture are Sherri's? Or are they just a good representative example of the type of mailboxes some people have there? It seems like those particular ones are being considered "her"/"their" mailbox, but for all we know if they're not, her mailbox could be a different style or the bank of mailboxes could be very near her house, right? I think a lot of the spectulation about her possibly being interrupted by the mail, getting a package, etc. might be accurate and are great thoughts, but I've seen the mailbox discussion refer to boxes that might be .5 to 1 mile away.

- Did the dogs truly get NO scent? Why would dogs get NO scent of a person who lived somewhere and theoretically got out of the house on foot pretty often for jogging, taking the kids to the car for daycare, etc.

- Do we know if the daycare is a "corporate" type daycare, or is it the more casual case of someone running a daycare out of their home. I don't know for sure but I'd guess the rules are a bit more relaxed (or at least following them might be) in a more private home type setup. This seems like a good possibility in that fairly rural area. too.

- What's Sherri like when she DOES have a bad day or get angry, moody about something, etc.? I know, I know, she's supermom and all and from descriptions it seems like bad days are rare for her, but surely she's gotten upset before. Does she tend to hole up and isolate, reach out to family, reach out to friends, take off for awhile to clear her head, throw a screaming fit and it's all over, brood on things for a long time, or... what? I'm not bashing the victim. I'm simply wondering what she's like when she's not at her best, and would that help with finding her?

I have many other questions as well but they've all pretty much been asked and answered. Just wanted to throw my thoughts out there too.

News coverage of the ransom offered, which is said to be wholly independent of the family:
Cameron Gamble of Redding, who called himself a kidnap and ransom consultant, said he wants to help find Papini.

“We are offering this reward with no strings attached. We have not been talking with the police on this. We’re acting independent from the family as well,” Gamble said.

The person offering the reward does not live in the area and did not want to be named, Gamble said.

He did not write the letter and did not set up the website, Gamble said.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...oman-401771575.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Wow, there is an actual/so-called consultant.
Mind. Blown.
Nothing in this case has been going as one might expect.

I agree about names I never put a name on a gift until I'm done wrapping it. That said while reading this thread I went to get yogurt heard noise on my porch thinking it was some animal I looked out and found a knife outside on a table where an empty yogurt thing had been which was now rolling on the porch(we used it in a chicken carrier for a water cup since the yogurt cup was the perfect size) safe to say it very creeped out and don't recognize the knife as anyone of ours...I regret reading this stuff so late at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member