Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still question why the husband placed himself at a scene of a supposed crime. I also take issue w using Find my Iphone, his spouses. We all have find my phone apps android or not. Its still a huge problem to me that anyone would track their partners phone.

I don't find this to be one bit strange. I honestly could see anyone with any tech skillset using Find My iPhone in the event he suspected something awry. I mean, she was not where she was supposed to be. You don't use Find My iPhone to track phone movement over a period of time. You would use it if you lost it or it was stolen.

I notice that people are heading off to other threads until there is more information about Sherri. Since we all like to feel we're being productive, during this lull I'd like to encourage everyone to "adopt" an orphan thread. These are threads that are very quiet. Some of these victims aren't young and attractive like Sherri or ZuZu Verk in Alpine TX, but they are missing and their families are just as desperate as Zuzu's and Sherri's. They get overlooked by the media and WSers. Some are very current, some are growing cold. A word of support and a little sleuthing (if possible) goes a long way if family and friends are reading. Even a monthly post to bump a thread is appreciated.

For example, Stacey Smart (53) has disappeared one county away from Sherri and was reported missing the same day, but is getting almost no attention. Granted, there isn't much solid info, but Sherri's case with little info is causing us to continually spin our wheels, so we might as well do a little wheel spinning on quiet threads too. :) There are probably quiet "orphan" cases that could use our attention in each of our states or general areas. Thanks everyone!
:loveyou:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2-October-2016
Bravo! I was just going to post concerning the frustrations people are feeling due to LE appearing to back off this case. Some think this is weird or different. I think just the opposite. The norm is more that most MP don't get the attention and effort that SP has gotten. We have sensational cases where the searches and LE and media support is solid and longlasting. Mostly, we have cases where the family is desperately trying to get LE and the media to do something or anything to find their loved one.

I think we are seeing the norm here...LE does not have much to go on or they are waiting so they have backed off. Miles and miles have been searched...tips are still coming in, but there isn't much to report right now. The family will have to keep this case alive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I still question why the husband placed himself at a scene of a supposed crime. I also take issue w using Find my Iphone, his spouses. We all have find my phone apps android or not. Its still a huge problem to me that anyone would track their partners phone.

If I put myself in his shoes I would have done the exact same thing. He didn't put himself at the scene of a crime, he was looking for his wife. In today's day and age gps and locating apps are extremely common, not odd and happily used by many. Thank god he had the apps and it worked or someone else could have come across it and wiped it clean and the biggest piece of evidence would be gone.....he isn't a suspect, has been cleared and just wants his wife back.

He says they're searching through her social media. Does anyone know what she had besides Pinterest and a photo site account? Meaning did she have instagram, Facebook, twitter? I believe I read she didn't and found that rather alarming she didn't have any of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She had a shared fb with her husband, I don't know about the rest.

He also mentioned detectives going out of state...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

she and her husband shared an account.

He says they're searching through her social media. Does anyone know what she had besides Pinterest and a photo site account? Meaning did she have instagram, Facebook, twitter? I believe I read she didn't and found that rather alarming she didn't have any of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE is backing off this high profile case for one of two reasons: either because they are waiting for a perp they're already eyeing to make a mistake, or because it's not to their advantage to track down a voluntarily missing adult.

So I'll admit I haven't followed this case closely having only made one previous post but it seems like reading the latest posts nothing much has developed.

Now this will sound crazy, but I can't help thinking about the basic early details of this case and thinking of elements of the plot of the movie Gone Girl...:hills:

Yes. This. It was my initial impression as I started following the case a couple of days in. It's surreal to me. It seems bizarre in many ways.

"Cameron and Jen Gamble are the founders of Project TAKEN, a unique organization focused on training missionaries and ministries to prevent, survive, and escape hostile situations."

He also claims to have trained the US Military Special Ops Community since shortly after 9/11/2001. But there is no mention of where he himself picked up this knowledge.

ETA: Here is his background info. The website mentioned is gone.
http://www.directory-online.com/Rotary/Accounts/5160/Downloads/0/July 2013 news/project taken.pdf

https://www.ibethel.org/missionaries/cameron-jen-gamble/

Try this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20160110225808/http://projecttaken.com/

Maybe? My daughter saved a note to my phone that gives directions on how to use the find my iPhone app should she go missing. Also, a girl she knows recently was unreachable for a few hours while travelling from home back to college. They used the app to track her phone to a hospital. She was killed in a car wreck. I think it's a tool a tech savvy family will use if they can't find someone and are worried about them. I would use it to find a loved one in a heartbeat.

It's a common sales technique, meant to close the deal.

I totally understand a common sales technique.

Thing is, if the "kidnappers" choose not to "close the deal" by Wednesday, then there is NO HANDING OVER OF SHERRI.

Why put a LIMIT on when to get Sherri back?? Not saying that it should be an infinite timeline, but why even mention right off the bat, a week?

Do they really feel they can negotiate that well with this so called kidnapper, if there is one?

The ball seems to be in the "kidnapper's" court, not the other way around in my opinion.

I feel this is opening a can of worms.

IMOO.

LE checking cell phone tower pings, emails... say they checked out all RSO's and got nothing...checked out her earlier relationships, and went out of state...sounds like a good investigation to me...jmo

LE checking cell phone tower pings, emails... say they checked out all RSO's and got nothing...checked out her earlier relationships, and went out of state...sounds like a good investigation to me...jmo
Agree and I believe they just don't have good information about what happened.

There is LOTS going on behind the scenes...basically they have been doing everything we think they should be doing and more. After listing some of their activities, the article says this...

...detectives continue to check and verify people's information, timelines and alibis to determine their authenticity to rule out any person who may information regarding Sherri's wherabouts. This type of follow-up has taken detectives out of state in hopes that Sherri could be found.

Chew on that for awhile! They have talked to many people with a connection to Sherri. LE is taking nothing for granted or at face value.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/sheriffs-office-releases-update-on-sherri-papini/168201516?utm_medium=social&utm_source=KRCR_News_Channel_7

It sounds like LE has shifted what they're doing rather than reduced. Particularly with getting search warrants, I think they must have something. Maybe for instance they found she communicated with an ex and they think she might have either gone with him voluntarily or by force, so they could be trying to determine that as an example.

LE is backing off this high profile case for one of two reasons: either because they are waiting for a perp they're already eyeing to make a mistake, or because it's not to their advantage to track down a voluntarily missing adult.

I think if they have a perp in mind they're getting whatever they need to go after him or her. At least I hope that's what they're doing - I'm not familiar with their procedures but I always think of Brenda Delgado absconding off to Mexico. But that's JMO and I'm new at this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee