Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'll admit I haven't followed this case closely having only made one previous post but it seems like reading the latest posts nothing much has developed.

Now this will sound crazy, but I can't help thinking about the basic early details of this case and thinking of elements of the plot of the movie Gone Girl...:hills:

Me too!!!:thinking:

I'm shocked at how fast this thread is moving considering the lack of information

So am I. We don't really have a timeline. Some reports have her jogging around 11 AM and others 2 PM. That makes me wonder IF anyone saw her for sure. That is, did they someone else and mistake that person for Sherri? Did they have their days mixed up - i.e., did they really see her on 01 November and not 02 November? I see joggers all the time. But if LE came to me a day or two later and asked if I saw anyone jogging I'm sure I might remember something. I doubt if I would remember clothing that they wore though.

For that matter did she even go jogging that day? She sent her husband a text that morning before 11 AM which he did not respond to till sometime between 1 PM and 2 PM. Did she ever reply back to his text? One of the sightings of Sherri might be accurate. If it isn't then the text to her husband that morning may be the last we know about her that day.

OK, Now that I've clicked the link and listened to the sheriff how do I get the music that started to go away? Closing the tab didn't help. Can someone please give me directions to get rid of this? Thanks!!!!
I can give you two suggestions as I have had that happen on my iPad, and it did happen today at that site.

1) If you scroll down the page below the Sound with the sheriff, there was another Sound thingie below it which had started playing when the Sheriff quit. So, I stopped it and the music stopped.

2) Sometimes when I have had that happen, I end up going to my home screen and clicking on the Music Icon. When that opens it shows my iPad is playing some oddball music selection, so I turn it off there.

Hope that helps!

But this bizarre ransom offer? Willing to show bank statements? Has this EVER happened before?

It's like a movie. Maybe we're all being punk'd.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RBBM : Crossed my mind a time or 10...

I was JUST thinking early this morning about a case in Virginia last May where a man vanished, leaving his four-year-old, newborn, and wife. He was later found alive at a campground in West Virginia. I was wondering this morning how that all worked out once he'd been found and thinking that perhaps Sherri had taken off, like him.

Now I've learned that the man killed his family and himself just this morning. I was JUST thinking about them.[emoji20][emoji174]

http://m.fredericksburg.com/news/cr...8ec-9359-5b4e-a32e-bb79a414e1fe.html?mode=jqm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was JUST thinking early this morning about a case in Virginia last May where a man vanished, leaving his four-year-old, newborn, and wife. He was later found alive at a campground in West Virginia. I was wondering this morning how that all worked out once he'd been found and thinking that perhaps Sherri had taken off, like him.

Now I've learned that the man killed his family and himself just this morning. I was JUST thinking about them.[emoji20][emoji174]

http://m.fredericksburg.com/news/cr...8ec-9359-5b4e-a32e-bb79a414e1fe.html?mode=jqm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3947224/Sheriff-says-4-people-dead-Virginia.html

Unfortunately I don't think it will be effective. If Sherri was abducted, I have doubts that she is still alive. If it were a ransom case I feel the family would have been contacted within a few days. It sounds like they are thinking its a possibility that someone is holding her captive, and are remaining hopeful they might do the right thing.

Oh, let's hope she is still alive - on her own (doughtful) -- or (sadly) has been kidnapped and held captive for (things other than money). So ransom doesn't work for these monsters. That's not what they are after. I am thinking more along the lines of the many survivors who eventually escaped from their captors or were discovered -- anywhere from days to decades -- from when they first went missing. If this is true, however, I do believe she was targeted for this intent. So I can understand the looking under every nook and cranny... including anyone she may have sold and shipped something to. Her pic was on her selling site so...like any risk of having an online presence, but most don't disclose our home address, phone number, etc. And then there was the ATT retail job. What that titles means - because I happen to know - is that the enployee works in ATT stores (retail locations) and some have national accounts from that location or a work from home situation...even tho we are not even certain she was still working. Point is...that casts a wide net of exposure as did her selling site.

Very sad situation. This is my neck of the woods.[emoji22]

Omg. I don't want to hijack Sherri's thread, but oh my goodness. His wife was so gracious and heartbroken when he disappeared. Devastating.

Oh, dear. :( When I saw the picture of the family, I remembered the disappearance case. It's especially heartbreaking to think of the love and dedication of the wife in searching for her husband to bring him home safely, and then he turns around and does this to his beautiful family!

Sherri's case reminds me a lot of the Holly Bobo case. Not just that Sherri and Holly are both pretty, petite blondes, but thinking how they both disappeared without a trace, other than clues (i.e., cell phone, and clothing and lunch bag in Holly's case) found along the road or in the woods. I hope this has a better ending than Holly's case.

Thinking more about the bizarre ransom letter, there's no way any kidnapper would go for that. I mean, yeah, maybe the donor can do an anonymous cash drop off and that person won't tell police ... but then when Sherri comes home what's stopping her from reporting everything she knows to the police? A kidnapper is not going to willingly let their victim go that easily, and certainly not for just $50k. The only way this makes sense is if the ransom is directed toward a specific person and they already know he is motivated by money (the only way I can make that work is if it's an exBF/exH or some person that she knew fairly well).

She had a shared fb with her husband, I don't know about the rest.

He also mentioned detectives going out of state...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

That was a significant comment to me. They definitely found something. And it looks like a new development the way it was stated. FINALLY some information!

Well damn. Let me just flip flop theories YET AGAIN based off that article. This case is just crazy. It's 5 o'clock in 1 minute [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Me too! So glad they're finally on to something!

It sounds like LE has shifted what they're doing rather than reduced. Particularly with getting search warrants, I think they must have something. Maybe for instance they found she communicated with an ex and they think she might have either gone with him voluntarily or by force, so they could be trying to determine that as an example.

I still didn't get the feeling they had anything at all, in fact I felt exactly the opposite. They said they still didn't even have enough evidence to declare whether she was voluntarily missing or not, let alone a particular perp in mind. Search warrants are needed just to get at any of her non-public communication or information online, likely tower data too. Sounds to me like they're just chasing down every lead they can, whether it means sending search warrants to social media companies, going out of state to talk to people who knew her, or calling in the FBI to look at tower pings. Basically, desperately doing anything they can, to at least find _some_ clue as to what happened. It sounds like they're working their asses off, but I really don't get the feeling they've pieced much together yet.

That was a significant comment to me. They definitely found something. And it looks like a new development the way it was stated. FINALLY some information!

I'm not sure I've flipped my theory yet.going out of state could be one of two things...locating her if she up and left voluntarily or a suspect....

LE following leads out of state makes me think they're on to something and why they and the family felt in the beginning that she wasn't close to home anymore. IMO she left w someone she knew. I just can't decide whether it was voluntary or involuntary...

Apparently the letter was originally mailed over a week ago before posting it:
KRCR first received this letter in an email from bringsherrihome@gmail.com, sent on November 6. In that email, the anonymous source said they were willing to provide proof that they had that kind of money available and were willing to release bank statements showing such. KRCR was unable to confirm the letter was from a legitimate source, and chose not to make the letter public.
http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/sh...sherri-papini-website-offers-reward/168229851

What the dickens?!?!?!Officially twilight zoned. This whole case is weird. Maybe why FBI involved. Somebody using the mail stinks to me!
Also if Bosenko treats this as nonchalant and he's wasted all this valuable time could a vote of no confidence be used...

This church is using the situation for publicity. I find it disgusting!

I agree. And now I believe there is a reason we know zero about the timeline of that day other than the potential sightings at different times, when her H "thinks" she left for a run, the time she sent text to her H, the time he responded, the time he came home; how, when and where he found her phone. When called police or 911 and day care. Full stop.

We still don't know about who or when the children were taken to daycare or exactly who picked them up or what time. (of course LE knows every minute of detail about this day and the days prior). There is a reason this hasn't been shared IMO. And I don't have any idea about why that is.

Exactly, when was the last time anyone saw her alive, talked to her etc???! Like verified other than immediate household??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee