Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never understood why some cases get more media attention than others. In my opinon, all missing people need to be found and should get as much attention as this one.

It's strange isn't it. I mean when I first started reading Sherri's thread #1, I thought to myself yep here we go, another young attractive slim blonde white woman getting all the attention while other threads get barely one or two posts - and yet I'm glued to these threads and paying little heed to others even though I'm very aware of why that is and personally think it's wrong. I'm still doing it anyway.

I'm very curious about the psychology behind that.

I still believe this is abduction. I don't think LE have backed off at all. Just because they're not making appeals in the media doesn't mean they aren't doing serious police work we aren't privy to.
That said the potential that this is some kind of hoax or some kind of deliberate action by Sherri - to start a new life or something like that - is there as well.

I'm not sure I've flipped my theory yet.going out of state could be one of two things...locating her if she up and left voluntarily or a suspect....

Same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to believe that... they want her back. No questions asked. If they commit to broadcasting "who" may have her then they will be forced to prosecute. Sounds to me like everybody is on board with return her and we shall look the other way. If whoever has her murders her then it is GAME ON.

Could following up out-of-state be as simple as someone in Iowa (for instance) said a woman who resembled Sherri was at a gas station? I don't know if they (local PD or FBI) would have to check those out in person or if they would have someone locally investigate the claim. Even if they don't go to Iowa, but I think it would count as following up on an out-of-state lead.

I agree. And now I believe there is a reason we know zero about the timeline of that day other than the potential sightings at different times, when her H "thinks" she left for a run, the time she sent text to her H, the time he responded, the time he came home; how, when and where he found her phone. When called police or 911 and day care. Full stop.

We still don't know about who or when the children were taken to daycare or exactly who picked them up or what time. (of course LE knows every minute of detail about this day and the days prior). There is a reason this hasn't been shared IMO. And I don't have any idea about why that is.

Exactly, when was the last time saw her alive, talked to her etc???! Like verified other than hubs???

You hold yourself in too high regard. The police may or may not know these things, but it is clear from the point of view of their investigation, they really do not need to satisfy your curiosity. They seem to believe the sightings between 11 am and 2 pm that day are legitimate and from at least the public perspective, that is what they are going on. Your insinuation is clear. You should treat the family members as victims until otherwise reported by the police. The police are under no obligation to answer all of our questions.

I was a little perplexed about the phone having the earbuds still attached. But taking another look at what we've been calling her "jacket", it's really not a jacket at all (IMO, one that zips up). It's a hoodie with a large kangaroo pocket on the belly and openings on either side for hands/storage. SP could've had her phone in this large pocket with the earbuds wrapped around it (possibly even strands of hair). It's normal to lose 50-100 strands of hair a day. Mine lands everywhere, but I always seem to have a strand or several on my shoulders (maybe missing from brushing). She could've picked up a couple taking out the earphones before wrapping them around the phone. But I could easily see the opening of the large pocket would allow the phone to slip out with dislodging the earbuds if there had been a struggle. I've also seen some speculation about her being hit by a car, in which it could also fall out. Though I think if she had fallen to the ground, the dogs would've hit on her scent.

The time line is still concerning. We don't know if the 2:00 Sunrise sighting was her heading towards Old Oregon Trail (starting the run) or heading towards Casa (finishing up). IMO, it makes more sense for her to have been seen heading back home at 2:00 (if that's credible). We don't know when she normally left to pickup the kids, but this way she would have time to get them and return home to start supper. KP talked about the 3 of them not being there to greet him, which was probably routine. But the problem with this scenario is that she would've had to have dropped the phone by Old Oregon and been running without it down Sunrise. Which isn't plausible. But she could've still had it in her pocket and the abduction have occurred closer to her home (more remote) and then it thrown out the window as the perp left the area. That darn 2:00 sighting just doesn't seem to fit for me. LE was already referencing it at the ground search the next morning. IIRC, they said they had talked to family the night before and were checking out the RSOs that morning. So...did the 2:00 come from a RSO or the tree trimmers who would've still been working at 5:00 or later that day? I'm now thinking that they were indeed professional trimmers and if so, those buckets could've given a birds eye view of traffic. But the noise could've drowned out any screams.

The one thing that is out of place for sure is the phone. Either it was dropped/discarded there during or soon after an abduction, or Sherri left it there on purpose to stage an abduction. One or the other, right?

I've seen it hinted at above, but I wonder if the ransom offering site was put up with the family's knowledge to help get more law enforcement or possibly the FBI involved. I can see being desperate enough to allow that in order to try and get the FBI more engaged in the search.

Could following up out-of-state be as simple as someone in Iowa (for instance) said a woman who resembled Sherri was at a gas station? I don't know if they (local PD or FBI) would have to check those out in person or if they would have someone locally investigate the claim. Even if they don't go to Iowa, but I think it would count as following up on an out-of-state lead.

I was thinking it could be something like wanting to interview the ex-husband (not sure if he lives out of state) purely for background information - eg. ask him if there were any previous instances where she left without telling anyone, things like that. I could see them wanting to interview him (or someone else close to Sherri) in person even if they didn't suspect them of anything.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/s...a-county-woman-ramps-up-as-fbi-gets-involved/

“They're still working on an investigation to find anything,” said Sheila Koester, Sherri’s sister. “I know that the FBI has gotten involved, and that they're doing the best that they can to find any leads or find any evidence that will help point us in the right direction. I'm just hoping that we find something, somebody can call and give a tip - we can find some piece of clue that leads us down a path where we can find her.”

It really does seem like the family knows very little, along with LEO. I hope LEO knows more than they are letting on. I remember with the Missy Bevers case, people thought LE's silence meant they were close to catching the perp but the case has gone cold.

I can give you two suggestions as I have had that happen on my iPad, and it did happen today at that site.

1) If you scroll down the page below the Sound with the sheriff, there was another Sound thingie below it which had started playing when the Sheriff quit. So, I stopped it and the music stopped.

2) Sometimes when I have had that happen, I end up going to my home screen and clicking on the Music Icon. When that opens it shows my iPad is playing some oddball music selection, so I turn it off there.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much. I ended up totally shutting my iPad down, going away for awhile and the music is gone. Either it ran its course or shutting down did the trick. I didn't see a way on SoundCloud to shut it off and I didn't think of clicking the Music icon. :doh: I appreciate your help! :)

"In a statement from Sherri's husband, Keith Papini, he said, "I AM aware that there is a ransom reward being offered to the individual who has my wife." Keith added, "I am NOT aware of who the individual is that is paying the reward. They want to remain anonymous."

Interesting that KP used the phrase "reward being offered to the individual who has my wife" (singular) not "individual or individuals" or "persons" (plural). The first implies IMO the individual is known or suspected,versus the second implies a more general "whoever they are".

Some more observations on this weird case -

- the picking up of the children at daycare. The staff at the center know who they released them to. Whoever it was they would have to have been pre-approved to pick them up, and likely not the first time. If KP had to leave work to pick them up that would raise a flag right then something was amiss. But if family did regularly then it was maybe just another regular task to cover for whatever SP was usually doing otherwise. There must have been communications coordinating this.
- the package half-wrapped, was it being wrapped, or un-wrapped, as if someone brought it that day? It was stated that is was not seen there in the morning.
Just too many vague elements. IMO there must be some dispute behind this that is being kept quite.

-

"In a statement from Sherri's husband, Keith Papini, he said, "I AM aware that there is a ransom reward being offered to the individual who has my wife." Keith added, "I am NOT aware of who the individual is that is paying the reward. They want to remain anonymous."

Interesting that KP used the phrase "reward being offered to the individual who has my wife" (singular) not "individual or individuals" or "persons" (plural). The first implies IMO the individual is known or suspected,versus the second implies a more general "whoever they are".

Some more observations on this weird case -

- the picking up of the children at daycare. The staff at the center know who they released them to. Whoever it was they would have to have been pre-approved to pick them up, and likely not the first time. If KP had to leave work to pick them up that would raise a flag right then something was amiss. But if family did regularly then it was maybe just another regular task to cover for whatever SP was usually doing otherwise. There must have been communications coordinating this.
- the package half-wrapped, was it being wrapped, or un-wrapped, as if someone brought it that day? It was stated that is was not seen there in the morning.
Just too many vague elements. IMO there must be some dispute behind this that is being kept quite.

-
The children were picked up by family members after KP called and found that his wife had not picked them up. That is all the information that has been released about the kids and daycare.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/s...a-county-woman-ramps-up-as-fbi-gets-involved/

“They're still working on an investigation to find anything,” said Sheila Koester, Sherri’s sister. “I know that the FBI has gotten involved, and that they're doing the best that they can to find any leads or find any evidence that will help point us in the right direction. I'm just hoping that we find something, somebody can call and give a tip - we can find some piece of clue that leads us down a path where we can find her.”

It really does seem like the family knows very little, along with LEO. I hope LEO knows more than they are letting on. I remember with the Missy Bevers case, people thought LE's silence meant they were close to catching the perp but the case has gone cold.

To me this means they've gotten all they need from KP and his co-workers, from the daycare, from her phone and SM accounts, from her bank accounts and credit cards, from KP's phone and SM accounts, and from the people who might have seen her that day, as well as the people who might have but did not see her. Like checking out the reported sightings and asking neighbors or anyone else who was in the area. And probably checking her car if it has GPS. I'm not sure how big of an area but I do know they've searched and I think have stopped for now.

Did we figure out if there are traffic cams anywhere near where she was last seen? If so I'm sure they've gone through those too.

I can see how if they've done all that they're left with nowhere to go.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/03/california-woman-missing-possibly-abducted/93261962/

Also going back to an older article, it states SP was the one who normally picked up the kids in the afternoon.

I do find it interesting that the last time she was seen per the article (2p.m.) is the same intersection that her phone was found. If that sighting is valid, I find it interesting her disappearance happened right after the sighting. I recall hearing her phone went 'dead' or possibly she just didn't have any new communications after 12p.m. But if the 2p.m. sighting is valid - then she had her phone with her when her husband texted her back.

Edit: The article says the last sighting was the area of old oregon trail and sunrise drive and the phone was found at the intersection of old oregon trail and sunrise drive. But I still find it interesting that she was seen what seems like right before her disappearance in same area.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2016/11/03/california-woman-missing-possibly-abducted/93261962/

Also going back to an older article, it states SP was the one who normally picked up the kids in the afternoon.

I do find it interesting that the last time she was seen per the article (2p.m.) is the same intersection that her phone was found. If that sighting is valid, I find it interesting her disappearance happened right after the sighting. I recall hearing her phone went 'dead' or possibly she just didn't have any new communications after 12p.m. But if the 2p.m. sighting is valid - then she had her phone with her when her husband texted her back.

Do we know she disappeared right after 2pm? I didn't think so - I thought the only thing we knew for sure is when KP got home and found her phone. Which would mean she could have gone missing any time between 2 and 4:30(ish) IF the 2pm sighting is correct. If not it could have been much earlier.

Do we know she disappeared right after 2pm? I didn't think so - I thought the only thing we knew for sure is when KP got home and found her phone. Which would mean she could have gone missing any time between 2 and 4:30(ish) IF the 2pm sighting is correct. If not it could have been much earlier.

That is true. I shouldn't of automatically assumed that her phone being found in the same area as the last sighting means she disappeared right then. But I do find it interesting regardless that her phone was found in the same vicinity as her last sighting.

Thank you.

So the only public statements are KP tried to confirm SP location was to pick the children up by calling the center. The center did not call him first, or that's not public. He did not have his phone prior this to respond to the lunch text, but did to call the center. No attempts to call SP that she will/did get the kids, or that's not public. But maybe she was separated from the phone by then if he was making repeated calls to her first. The lack of the the timeline is so frustrating,

I imagine it would need to be before 430. If Keith anticipated them being home around 5, wouldn't she need to have left to pick up kids before 430 to be back home by that time? They're in a rural area.

And she was on foot so it's not like she was on her way to the daycare...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Whether LE actually goes out of state or lets local LE handle an interview probably depends on what information seems to be available. The detectives in Teresa Sievers' case travelled from FL to MO to interview sources of info in cooperation with local LE. IIRC they ended up being gone longer than expected because they kept uncovering more sources. If there is something significant it makes sense to go personally IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User1652735