FL FL - Doris, 34, & Caren Wurst, 3, Plantation, 7 Nov 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven’t been able to find anything about whether Doris was married?

The mother and the girl's father were going through a custody battle at the time the mom and girl went missing. A source said the mom took off with the 4-year-old girl and threatened to take her life and the life of her daughter if she couldn't have custody

A second car was found behind an apartment complex near 80 Wimbledon Lakes Drive. A source said the remains of a World War II veteran were recovered from it. That man had been missing for 20 years and his family believed he was suicidal at the time of his disappearance.

By Zulekha Pitts
August 13, 2024
1723646157377.png
Sonar imagery shows a vehicle wreckage submerged in a West Broward Boulevard canal.
Photo by Sunshine State Sonar

''Sullivan deploys sonar imaging devices to scan through as many water bodies as possible in the search field, which typically encompasses a radius of several miles around the last known location of a missing person.

"Here's the problem with South Florida. There are so many waterways, so many canals — hundreds of them, and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. These waters are just endless," Sullivan says.''
1723646059899.png
''

I am glad they're found.
Kudos to Sunshine State Sonar!

Have been following their case, since Suzanne Marie Sevakis, when she wasn't ID ed. It brought me to WS, in the time, when MySpace was huge.

Carens name came up, as a possible match (wich was later ruled out)

Its still a sad outcome.

It would be great to know more about the circumstances surrounding their disappearances.
Why were they in Florida?
Was the car in a good condition? Was it located?
What about the last sighting?
Plantation is full of canals and ponds... Perphaps they had an accident and the car got submerged.
Well done, Diane.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back