Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's not entirely true. They DID search. They searched the entire area surrounding the phone, they searched her home, electronics, they went door to door, they investigated the timeline of the rso's in the area. They continue to sift through over 400 tips, they have gone out of state.....they continue to work this case every day.

The problem is, there is no sign of anything. Or if they did find things in the home or electronics that lead to believe that she *might* have gone voluntarily, it's the reason they are not using the word abduction as a sole focus.

I think you may be missing the point of my post, although you are actually touching on it.

I was trying to establish if this incident was processed as a crime scene from the very beginning....you know, yellow tape, photographs, tire imprints, fingerprints, etc............OR...........was it treated like a woman who's husband seemed a little hysterical about her being missing, but more than likely would show up sooner or later ? Was it only as the hours turned into days that a legitimate concern begin to grow on the part of LE ?

Trying to process evidence after it has been walked on, trampled on, driven on, and handled by family and friends probably isn't the best chain of custody that could have taken place. This would include things such as the ear buds, the phone, as well as any footprints left behind.

I know they say he was cleared, I still want to know when he got to work and who took kids to daycare.

This is not directed at only you Nama but I've noticed this question seems to come up again and again. I'm curious why people think who took the kids to daycare is relevant? Wasn't Sherri seen by neighbors and heard from on the phone (texting) later in the day? What am I missing? TIA.

I think you may be missing the point of my post, although you are actually touching on it.

I was trying to establish if this incident was processed as a crime scene from the very beginning....you know, yellow tape, photographs, tire imprints, fingerprints, etc............OR...........was it treated like a woman who's husband seemed a little hysterical about her being missing, but more than likely would show up sooner or later ? Was it only as the hours turned into days that a legitimate concern begin to grow on the part of LE ?

Trying to process evidence after it has been walked on, trampled on, driven on, and handled by family and friends probably isn't the best chain of custody that could have taken place. This would include things such as the ear buds, the phone, as well as any footprints left behind.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't have been. We have seen the pics of the marked evidence. If there is nothing to go on, there is nothing to mark. There is no crime scene btw that can be established.

At this point, I don't see this case being solved, except purely by accident. At some point, someone will plow a field or go through an abandoned building, and locate her remains.

Sad.
Unfortunately, I agree. I think there are alot of details missing about the day Sherri went missing and her routine habits. If she was taken by someone who happened upon her, those details might not matter much. If she was stalked or taken by someone she knows, they might matter alot. Either LE is aware of the details and working to solve, or as you said, someone will stumble upon her. Sleuthing is not going to figure this one out IMO.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sometimes sleuthing only produces interesting by-roads.

You are correct. They did all of those things, but my problem is the search. When I said this on an earlier post someone posted that the search was massive. That just isn't true as far as I'm aware.

http://www.redding.com/news/local/3...-area-west-of-Redding-399779021.html?d=mobile

"The disappearance immediately mobilized sheriff’s search and rescue teams. About two-dozen searchers spent the night and day combing the area where the phone was found, though the search radius of about a half-mile could be expanded."

“It depends on the search today and what we find and the evidence and we’ll have to expand it out potentially if something else has not developed,” Sheriff’s Lt. Anthony Bertain said Thursday."

That search ended at 4:00 PM and the family and volunteers took over. A one half mile radius search by trained LE is not massive to me.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

And yet the family didn't continue to organize searches either and they feel she is no longer in the area.

LE has uncovered information that they are not releasing.

And yet the family didn't continue to organize searches either and they feel she is no longer in the area.

LE has uncovered information that they are not releasing.
I hope you are correct.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This is not directed at only you Nama but I've noticed this question seems to come up again and again. I'm curious why people think who took the kids to daycare is relevant? Wasn't Sherri seen by neighbors and heard from on the phone (texting) later in the day? What am I missing? TIA.
They want a confirmed sighting of Sherri early that morning by someone who knows her well. She was seen by neighbors, but sometimes memories are fuzzy and who pays close attention to joggers? People jog down my street all the time but I might assume who it is without paying attention. Blonde lady lives around the corner. Tall guy lives straight down the street and we see him almost every day, etc. I don't look and make sure it is them every time..they are part of the background of my life most days.

I've only seen "the family" referenced as picking up the kids that day. Do you know where it was reported that it was KP's mother?

Well we know his timeline is clear and supported by pings and interviews.

We know his mother picked up the kids in the afternoon when Sherrie didn't. He is not a suspect at all

I lean towards abduction mainly because of the phone. I think it was either lost in a struggle or tossed out by the abductor. Voluntarily leaving for a new life or suicide does not make sense, unless you assume she had alternate transportation or hitchhiked, how did she leave the area without her car? And why would she go to so much trouble? I don't think she would stage the phone if she was giving up or walking away?

Well my problem is that the text message can be sent by anyone. They actually have aps for that. Did SP actually talk to a family member on the phone that day? Did the neighbor actually see her running that day? Or like Laci Peterson just thought they saw her walking her dog? Who saw SP alive and well last? Besides KP?

They want a confirmed sighting of Sherri early that morning by someone who knows her well. She was seen by neighbors, but sometimes memories are fuzzy and who pays close attention to joggers? People jog down my street all the time but I might assume who it is without paying attention. Blonde lady lives around the corner. Tall guy lives straight down the street and we see him almost every day, etc. I don't look and make sure it is them every time..they are part of the background of my life most days.

Yes exactly! I see joggers/walkers everyday but if someone asked me tomorrow if I saw so in so I would not be 100% sure.

Well my problem is that the text message can be sent by anyone. They actually have aps for that. Did SP actually talk to a family member on the phone that day? Did the neighbor actually see her running that day? Or like Laci Peterson just thought they saw her walking her dog? Who saw SP alive and well last? Besides KP?

I think it's a valid question. Also, who usually took them to daycare? This is information that would help us see if their usual schedule was off that day or if everything was business as usual.

Because it could mean potentially how long she was home alone. We don't know how accurate the witnesses are, but we do for instance know she wasn't training for a marathon plus it's been expressly mentioned how she wasn't seen on security cameras. Also a text from someone's phone doesn't mean they sent it or that they didn't send it under duress. That's why I've wanted to know who and when was the last person to actually speak to her and how much time someone would have to operate. It could have been a Mansion Murders type thing with the perp having run of the house for hours.

I think it's a valid question. Also, who usually took them to daycare? This is information that would help us see if their usual schedule was off that day or if everything was business as usual.

Yes I agree. The whole schedule thing is what I am asking about. Did KP normally take kids to daycare and SP picked them up? Or did they just do whatever randomly. That is the question of the day. I just want to know who saw SP last besides KP and what time/day it was.

Because it could mean potentially how long she was home alone. We don't know how accurate the witnesses are, but we do for instance know she wasn't training for a marathon plus it's been expressly mentioned how she wasn't seen on security cameras. Also a text from someone's phone doesn't mean they sent it or that they didn't send it under duress. That's why I've wanted to know who and when was the last person to actually speak to her and how much time someone would have to operate. It could have been a Mansion Murders type thing with the perp having run of the house for hours.

Yes without that info then we are kinda stuck. Knowing how long she was home alone that day answers a lot of questions.

I see. Well, LE has her phone. They know where the phone was all morning and where it was when it was sending texts. Wouldn't they also be able to tell if her phone has an app like that with prearranged texts set up? While it's possible that someone else set up the text sending-app or someone else sent a text from her house, the scenario of Sherri being gone earlier than that day means that someone had to physically move the phone from her house that morning to the place where it was found. Husband has been cleared, as they know his movements during the day. This leaves someone else who had access to the house and to manipulate the phone. I can't see a random kidnapper or even a kidnapper-for-hire hanging around the house sending texts and then movign the phone as if she was jogging to the place it was found.

So I see where this is going with people thinking it was someone she knows faking texts but if someone close to Sherri went to the trouble of faking texts, WHY would they discard the phone where it could be found? That phone has a lot more information on it than what we are being told about. LE knows if she listened to music during her run and what songs. They may even know things like the speed at which the phone traveled while she was running. I haven't seen LE doubt the story that she went running, yet so I think they have evidence she went for a run that day. JMO. I'm not sure what I believe happened to her. Still trying to weed through all these theories.

It's the melodrama attendant upon a voluntary disappearance and subsequent reappearance that makes me think it likely here.

Also, it's the Occam's Razor-friendliest of alternatives at this time. More people voluntarily go missing than are abducted, kidnapped for ransom, murdered, killed and false narratives constructed, commit suicide, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel