Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm in the voluntarily camp.

It bothers me that the husband used the find my iphone feature to find his wife's phone. Having been in relationships with controlling men, it comes off as disturbing to me. It sounds like a very controlling move, one he possibly used in the past to keep tabs on her. She may have just decided to leave a bad situation.

At the time I had a significant other who thought it was appropriate to be tracking the gps on my phone, he also had keylogging software installed on my computer, and my phone and the internet modem would be taken with him when I was left at home alone. I wasn't "allowed" to go many places, even to visit my mother at her house. I didn't have a vehicle, but I did fantasize about just driving somewhere and leaving my phone and getting the hell away without telling a soul where I was going. No one on the outside had a clue any of it was going on.

Controlling or worried? My wife has gone out before and sometimes her phone dies or she forgot it, and if it gets real late I begin to worry. I've called her friends or family before just to make sure she was in good hands. Say for instance no one knew where she was, I would probably try to locate her phone if she had it on her and wasn't answering. We have crazy drivers in CA and there are bad accidents daily. I'd hate to think people would think I am controlling for just being worried or concerned for my wife.

First of all I am sorry you had to go through that.
He also had her password for HER phone. She had no privacy. It is so strange he looked up the app to find the phone instead of calling her first and checking with her family and friends. She could have been at a friends house etc. why check the app? Did he know she was not going to answer the phone? Controlling was the first thing I thought of myself.
There has been no statement that he didn't try to call. Actually, it was stated he made a flurry of calls before calling LE. My husband and I share passwords, because it's convenient to grab the closest phone to make a call, or look up something when out. We rarely take both phones anywhere. And, would we call it controlling if Sherri had his passwords too? It's impossible to say she had no privacy with any accuracy based on what little we know. IMO, it's just more husband bashing.

I shall bring this one over from #5. Thanks to all who contributed to my eight-item original.

I am interested to see what you think; me, I'm leaning toward 5, 6, or 7.

We of course hope the outcome is one in which the subject is found alive.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Still running, away from domesticity: voluntarily missing
.6. Jog was a red herring; she was killed beforehand*
.7. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
.8. Suicide; body undiscovered
.9. Hoax
10. Murder by known person; no abduction**
11. Aliens
12. Outcome related to her alleged belief system
13. Witness protection
14. Medical event while jogging; subsequent amnesia
15. Underground for the alt.right: voluntarily missing
16. Those ubiquitous human traffickers

* murdered by inner circle privy to her actions
** murdered by acquaintance(s) or friend(s)

2 or 10
5 (maybe with a partner)
9 still in play for me

It bothers me that the husband used the find my iphone feature to find his wife's phone. Having been in relationships with controlling men, it comes off as disturbing to me. It sounds like a very controlling move, one he possibly used in the past to keep tabs on her. She may have just decided to leave a bad situation.

At the time I had a significant other who thought it was appropriate to be tracking the gps on my phone, he also had keylogging software installed on my computer, and my phone and the internet modem would be taken with him when I was left at home alone. I wasn't "allowed" to go many places, even to visit my mother at her house. I didn't have a vehicle, but I did fantasize about just driving somewhere and leaving my phone and getting the hell away without telling a soul where I was going. No one on the outside had a clue any of it was going on.

And I think perhaps it depends on the relationship you are in, which could color your perception.

For myself, I would very much welcome the app to find my phone. That would be one step closer, perhaps, to finding me if I were abducted.

My husband and I trust each other, and he is not controlling. That colors my perception because of my own life.

From what has been proclaimed in the media, she and her husband were happy.

IMOO.

I have a question for ya.

Why is your opinion leaning toward leaving voluntarily or suicide? I mean, if the family knows more, then why is the family thinking abduction or not leaving voluntarily, but your opinion differs from theirs? Do you feel they are in denial?

IMOO.

Possibly denial... or wishing for the best. I also think that families are reluctant to release that information because they think public interest will drop.

If I had a family member that was depressed and then went missing - I wouldn't talk about their depression because they may not have committed suicide and now everyone knows about their depression which may make it even more difficult for them and people would quit looking.

If I had a family member missing that there is an indication they ran off, I don't think I'd tell about that either because it is going to paint them in a bad light. I wouldn't want to talk about their weaknesses at that time.

He also had her password for HER phone. She had no privacy. It is so strange he looked up the app to find the phone instead of calling her first and checking with her family and friends. She could have been at a friends house etc. why check the app? Did he know she was not going to answer the phone? Controlling was the first thing I thought of myself.

If the sightings of her were correct with her being seen jogging at 11 and 2, I think she could have been going somewhere. If she knew she was being tracked, she could have hidden the phone on the road and been picked up along Old Oregon Trail where she could have done this frequently which this time she either got murdered by that person or took off with them.

Anyone else think the ransom thing is "spearheaded" by the family, but far removed from seen connected to it? This is a truly odd thing to do with a missing person, unless the family has more information they can't disclose or don't want to disclose as it'll possibly make Sherri be under a "bad light." Something she was involved with that to the general public is on the negative side (but not illegal) and thus the family doesn't want the scrutiny.

The PI from San Diego might be tied with the anonymous donor of the ransom. This whole thing might be the effort of the PI, with the family's permission and approval.
The ransom offer is from an organization called Secret Witness.

The ransom offer is from an organization called Secret Witness.

I thought that was separate? The Secret Witness does have a reward, and the sheriff mentioned that if this ransom reward was coupled with
the secret witness amounts then it could be the total of a hundred thousand dollars.

IMOO.

I thought that was separate? The Secret Witness does have a reward, and the sheriff mentioned that if this ransom reward was coupled with
the secret witness amounts then it could be the total of a hundred thousand dollars.

IMOO.
The original $10,000 was from Secret Witness. $40,000 is being offered by the family. The "ransom" with no dollar amount attached until the alleged abductor negotiates for an amount after proving they have her alive and well is from an anonymous source.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yes exactly! I see joggers/walkers everyday but if someone asked me tomorrow if I saw so in so I would not be 100% sure.

Sitting on a bench
Outside a gen'ral store
They said "Yes, she's been here"
But their memory wasn't clear

Was it yesterday,
No, wait the day before

It's very true it could have been a logical and perfectly acceptable move in this case to track her phone. But having been through what I have, it bothers me, and my experience leads me to question if she was as happy as the media portrays her to be. We all have different life experiences and relationship dynamics that can cast things in a different light, and it's useful to look at these circumstances with as much input as possible. I'm not saying it's likely or even presumable that she was in an abusive relationship, but we should be aware of these things and know that one can look like they're in the happiest relationship in the world and actually be miserable.

Imagine how many calls his phone must be getting. How would they know which ones are genuine? Not that any are.

JMO but someone takes himself a little too seriously.

They were pretty specific in the PDF about how they would tell which are genuine. They would need to talk to her, or if that's not possible, they would need a photo of her with a copy of today's newspaper in the photo. J Paul Getty kidnapping style.

We don't know for what reasons or how long the app was in use. She traveled to an area for work that could be considered unsafe, so it makes sense to me that she would have it. He husband is a techie and probably has it on his phone as well (possibly on the Cloud). So SP could access his phone, too. I don't get the impression it was used to track her daily whereabouts. I just had my 19 year old put a similar app on her phone as she's traveling 4 hours away today with a friend. I didn't do it to creep, I did it because she is my world. I've checked it several times today, but certainly don't plan on using it regularly.

I shall bring this one over from #5. Thanks to all who contributed to my eight-item original.

I am interested to see what you think; me, I'm leaning toward 5, 6, or 7.

We of course hope the outcome is one in which the subject is found alive.

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; still alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; now deceased
.3. Abducted by unknown party; still alive
.4. Abducted by unknown party; now deceased
.5. Still running, away from domesticity: voluntarily missing
.6. Jog was a red herring; she was killed beforehand*
.7. Hit by car; driver fled scene with body
.8. Suicide; body undiscovered
.9. Hoax
10. Murder by known person; no abduction**
11. Aliens
12. Outcome related to her alleged belief system
13. Witness protection
14. Medical event while jogging; subsequent amnesia
15. Underground for the alt.right: voluntarily missing
16. Those ubiquitous human traffickers

* murdered by inner circle privy to her actions
** murdered by acquaintance(s) or friend(s)

I believe Sherri was murdered on the day she was reported missing. So, whatever slot that fits into. I hope that her family will obtain closure and justice. And I hope that her children will one day find solace. <modsnip>

Possibly denial... or wishing for the best. I also think that families are reluctant to release that information because they think public interest will drop.

If I had a family member that was depressed and then went missing - I wouldn't talk about their depression because they may not have committed suicide and now everyone knows about their depression which may make it even more difficult for them and people would quit looking.

If I had a family member missing that there is an indication they ran off, I don't think I'd tell about that either because it is going to paint them in a bad light. I wouldn't want to talk about their weaknesses at that time.

Interesting points. I agree we do see situations where a family doesn't want to admit their missing loved one was depressed but I'm not sure how to reconcile that theory with what the family HAS done and said publicly in this case. Would they offer a $40,000 reward if they thought their loved one had committed suicide? Stop looking around the area she went missing and say she must be out of the area? Claim she was abducted in every interview and even allow an anonymous "ransom negotiator" to offer a reward for her safe return? IDK. If the family really thinks suicide or voluntarily missing they are putting on an Oscar-worthy performance to convince the public she has been abducted (IMO). Most family's want their loved one's body found even if they think suicide happened. Constantly pointing to abduction won't get her body found any faster, IMO, if she was suicidal. So I'm left wondering what motive there could be for all the pointing to abduction. Maybe I've been fooled but I believe most of the family believes she was abducted. Still not sure what I believe happened though.

I've seen nothing to indicate that he didn't call her phone before tracking it or speak to her family. He's noted that he doesn't take his personal phone into job sites. When he saw there was no response from his last text around 1:30, he may have tried calling her on his way home as well. Just because it was mentioned, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The original $10,000 was from Secret Witness. $40,000 is being offered by the family. The "ransom" with no dollar amount attached until the alleged abductor negotiates for an amount after proving they have her alive and well is from an anonymous source.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Can you provide the link(s) that shows the 3 separate ransom offers?

It's very true it could have been a logical and perfectly acceptable move in this case to track her phone. But having been through what I have, it bothers me, and my experience leads me to question if she was as happy as the media portrays her to be. We all have different life experiences and relationship dynamics that can cast things in a different light, and it's useful to look at these circumstances with as much input as possible. I'm not saying it's likely or even presumable that she was in an abusive relationship, but we should be aware of these things and know that one can look like they're in the happiest relationship in the world and actually be miserable.

We don't know for what reasons or how long the app was in use. She traveled to an area for work that could be considered unsafe, so it makes sense to me that she would have it. He husband is a techie and probably has it on his phone as well (possibly on the Cloud). So SP could access his phone, too. I don't get the impression it was used to track her daily whereabouts. I just had my 19 year old put a similar app on her phone as she's traveling 4 hours away today with a friend. I didn't do it to creep, I did it because she is my world. I've checked it several times today, but certainly don't plan on using it regularly.

Exactly. It may have been as simple as that. But we should still consider alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!