Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading for a few days and started at the beginning. A few facts stick with me:

"on prior calls to the Papini home", sheriff states there's "nothing recent and nothing major". Will get that info to the media.

https://twitter.com/seanlongoria_RS

Was there ever anymore information about this? I've looked in the call logs, but they are massive and haven't found anything in the last year.

http://www.brettandemilyphoto.com/2...-we-heart-you-san-diego-wedding-photographer/

What a gorgeous wedding! I can't help but notice the detail and obvious expense. Beautiful. And now they are living on what seems to be the hourly salary of KP in a rent free small home. Sounds like SP had a good job with AT& T in the past. I'm surely not trying to criticize - folks can live how they choose. I'm noticing what could be a drastic change in lifestyle.

If find it a little odd that a FB page is shared. It's FREE! I have middle-aged married friends who share a FB page. Weird - but husband is more than controlling. This is one thing that really makes me SMH.

I could also mention the find my phone app, but in today's world, that can be a valued safety plus.

Some folks here have asked when SP's family last spoke with or saw her. I'm with you I'd like to know the answer to that, as well.

Just a random fact - when victims of domestic abuse are counseled about safety plans and leaving their abusers, they are typically advised to stash money, clothes, important documents and a phone in preparation for their departure. They are advised to do this over time and in a very mindful manner, so as not to raise any suspicion. We also know that victims include those who are controlled through money, monitoring whereabouts, restricting friends, religion, etc.

Back into the dark recesses of lurk-com!

Yes I agree odd thing to say unless he usually got off around 4 and was going to work OT that day? However the business does not open until 10 am. So 10-5 is not 8 hours. A late day would be more like 8pm. with an hour lunch. But he came home at 5? That does not seem "late" to me.

Employees at retail businesses -- especially managers and supervisors -- typically begin their shifts before the store opens for business. For example, I have a relative who is a retail manager for a big box store.

His morning shifts are either 7-3:30 or 8-430 (half-hour lunch) even though the store opens at 10. There's a lot of prep work in retail, and a lot of paperwork, too. This is typical for many retail stores. (We both have worked similar hours in various retail jobs over the years.) When I was working at a department store we were in as early as 6, and even at 5 am during the holidays.

So I don't find it odd at that KP said getting home around 5 would be a "late day." Perhaps he was usually off between 3 and 4.

Employees at retail businesses -- especially managers and supervisors -- typically begin their shifts before the store opens for business. For example, I have a relative who is a retail manager for a big box store.

His morning shifts are either 7-3:30 or 8-430 (half-hour lunch) even though the store opens at 10. There's a lot of prep work in retail, and a lot of paperwork, too. This is typical for many retail stores. (We both have worked similar hours in various retail jobs over the years.) When I was working at a department store we were in as early as 6, and even at 5 am during the holidays.

So I don't find it odd at that KP said getting home around 5 would be a "late day." Perhaps he was usually off between 3 and 4.
I don't know how installers for Best Buy work but I doubt they follow the retail hours.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I saw this too. Hopefully, they will look into him more for other disappearances in the area.

Bring her home. Bring her home. Just bring her home. Please bring her home. Bring her home. Bring her home safe. Bring her back home.
Why is no one asking for her to be let go?
(Semantics, I get it. But it's driving me mad!:gaah:)

Just a random fact - when victims of domestic abuse are counseled about safety plans and leaving their abusers, they are typically advised to stash money, clothes, important documents and a phone in preparation for their departure. They are advised to do this over time and in a very mindful manner, so as not to raise any suspicion. We also know that victims include those who are controlled through money, monitoring whereabouts, restricting friends, religion, etc.

Many will take out extra cash when they are doing an agreed on purchase like groceries. Not saying this is what she did but might be something for them to look into.

Found yet? Catch me up, peeps. I am back on my side of the Hudson now.

Here's this thing again:

Possibilities

.1. Abducted by person known to her; alive
.2. Abducted by person known to her; deceased
.3. Abducted by person unknown to her; alive
.4. Abducted by person unknown to her; deceased
.5. Murdered by person known to her; jog a red herring
.6. Hit by car; driver hid body
.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns
15. None of the above; explain below

---
Which? Bat several back and forth with us. I'm going 10, 4, 5 this time, in that order.
-
-
-

I've been reading for a few days and started at the beginning. A few facts stick with me:

"on prior calls to the Papini home", sheriff states there's "nothing recent and nothing major". Will get that info to the media.

Was there ever anymore information about this? I've looked in the call logs, but they are massive and haven't found anything in the last year.

http://www.brettandemilyphoto.com/2...-we-heart-you-san-diego-wedding-photographer/

What a gorgeous wedding! I can't help but notice the detail and obvious expense. Beautiful. And now they are living on what seems to be the hourly salary of KP in a rent free small home. Sounds like SP had a good job with AT& T in the past. I'm surely not trying to criticize - folks can live how they choose. I'm noticing what could be a drastic change in lifestyle.

If find it a little odd that a FB page is shared. It's FREE! I have middle-aged married friends who share a FB page. Weird - but husband is more than controlling. This is one thing that really makes me SMH.

I could also mention the find my phone app, but in today's world, that can be a valued safety plus.

Some folks here have asked when SP's family last spoke with or saw her. I'm with you I'd like to know the answer to that, as well.

I know a few couples who do the shared Facebook thing. To me it always seems like the wife is the one behind it and is including the husband rather than the account actually being shared. I don't get it, personally, and I would never do it, but I don't read anything into other than trying to be extra cute-sy and couple-y.

I said the same thing about domestic violence victims and escape plans. For whatever reason my gut thinks that isn't the case here, but it shows how a spouse would be able to vanish without the other one knowing ahead of time, or knowing where she went. Especially if he or she is leaving to stay with someone else who could then financially provide for him or her. No need to use a credit card, no need to open a bank account, no need to get a job. Ideal for someone who wants to stay at home and simply play a support role.

Driver's license and health coverage? Maybe in another state no one would be able to check?

I agree and wanted to post something similar. I have several friends that work for Best Buy actually and one is a general manager. Obviously he works various hours but even the ppl I know that worked as installers or in departments didn't follow exact store hours. They arrive early/stay later as you stated. I don't recall seeing an actual news article that listed his position there besides a LinkedIn account....that may or may not be accurate. If he was a lead or supervisor of some sort, he could be responsible for in-store work, meetings, whatever.

I can't even believe I just wrote all that since it means nothing since he's been cleared but it keeps coming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how installers for Best Buy work but I doubt they follow the retail hours.

JMO

Installer hours could be very irregular based on what I've seen, where they have to go and how difficult the install is could make very unpredictable hours

Edited - not sure why you would not have your personal phone to say call if you were going to be late and couldn't use the company phone for personal reasons.

Here's this thing again:

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

Which? Bat several back and forth wth us.

No new news that I'm aware of but glad you're back.

Nope. She and all her details are definitely in a different loop than we're in. We just keep going around and around and around, sometimes saying things out of boredom just so we don't stop.

When this began, I was firmly of the mindset of #10 - that she was willfully missing.

The longer this goes, I have changed my opinion. #5 is where I am at now. I believe the person who did this is close to Sherri and Keith (but not Keith).

Nope. She and all her details are definitely in a different loop than we're in. We just keep going around and around and around, sometimes saying things out of boredom just so we don't stop.
Yep...that sums it up nicely.

Here's this thing again:

Possibilities

.7. Suicide
.8. Amnesia
.9. Hoax
10. Wilfully missing
11. Witness protection
12. Human traffickers
13. Space beings
14. Crafty clowns

---
Which? Bat several back and forth with us. I'm going 10, 4, 5 this time, in that order.
-
-
-

I think 2 or 4 above. I think its just a matter of time before they find her. Hopefully they will.

I know a few couples who do the shared Facebook thing. To me it always seems like the wife is the one behind it and is including the husband rather than the account actually being shared. I don't get it, personally, and I would never do it, but I don't read anything into other than trying to be extra cute-sy and couple-y.

I said the same thing about domestic violence victims and escape plans. For whatever reason my gut thinks that isn't the case here, but it shows how a spouse would be able to vanish without the other one knowing ahead of time, or knowing where she went. Especially if he or she is leaving to stay with someone else who could then financially provide for him or her. No need to use a credit card, no need to open a bank account, no need to get a job. Ideal for someone who wants to stay at home and simply play a support role.

Driver's license and health coverage? Maybe in another state no one would be able to check?

Yeah, I'm not convinced this is the case, either. It shows how many different ways facts can line up. And since we know absolutely nothing factual about their relationship, it's all just supposition.

I forgot to add their anniversary is 11/17...............

The people that I personally know well with shared FB accounts have the wife behind it and the wife tends to be very controlling. I'm not saying SP is controlling at all. Just pointing out that it seems to be a trend that ONE of the two people is controlling.

Coming home "from" lunch doesn't make any sense to me, but that is what he said. If you are done work why would you stay out and have lunch and then go home?

And why would your wife ask that question at 10:37 in the morning? "For" lunch I could understand at that time.

IMO

After lunch, before lunch or for lunch makes more sense

So many things leading to Sherri disappearing just happened to be in place. It was one of the days the kids were in daycare, it was one of the days KP didn't come home from lunch early, and she went out jogging without waiting to hear from KP if he would return soon, perhaps with the kids, so she could jog after he came back, like she did on other days.

JMO

I agree. I did not hear he was a manager or supervisor either ????

Im astounded at the amounts donated in the . Not nickels and dimes for sure

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members