Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Gardener1850 post sunset at 6:03. But the lighting would be very poor, trees, shadows. The recovery would have only been through a ring IMO, and close to it to hear it.

But again my original question when the phone was recovered, prior to 5:51 within those 51 minutes?

She can get married but not up on the alter I thought if divorced but not annulled?
And actually they got married outside, not in a church...

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

The 'find my iPhone' app has a ear-piercing alert that seems to cut through most ambient noise (with or without the earbuds plugged). The person attempting to find the iPhone just has to zone in on the phone using the map and then select 'play sound'. The accuracy of the map to the actual location of the phone seems to vary and once showed my daughter's phone to be in a nearby lake...

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I wonder if their marriage isnt recognized by the Church. IIRC the Catholic Church requires you to be married inside the church vs. anywhere else. If she was married before (and did not have an annulment) then she would not have been able to have been married inside the church.

from the previous thread:

IllnoisMissing said:
Not a dumb question. Depending on the dog, I would think so. I've read where a bloodhound can track a scent that is 300 hours old.

Maybe they should get some bloodhounds and do another search with those dogs.... I don't know "how" many hours have passed since she went "missing" though...
also Nama mentioned "what route did she run"? I don't think we know that. But if there are any SO along that route - I think they would have checked that out, no?

Just finished with thread #6 - so will post here and continue reading.... :pcguru:

What a weird case!

Quite true on the altar part (see above), but it's also important to maintain the distinction between "marrying in the church" and "marrying in the Church."

Let thy pollster (who still smarts from that distinction's ramifications), instruct ye all.

I say the same!

I think they need to go out and start all over from the beginning . Search areas already searched. Many times they are found right there close to where they went missing .
We see it over and over again here they were just missed on the first search.

I don't think she was suicidal or ran away.
I think some perv saw an opportunity and took it. I think she is close to home.
Maybe we are reading more into everything
Because we have nothing.

Quite true on the altar part (see above), but it's also important to maintain the distinction between "marrying in the church" and "marrying in the Church."

Let thy pollster (who still smarts from that distinction's ramifications), instruct ye all.

You can not get married in the Catholic Church if your divorced. Has nothing to do with being inside or outside. No Catholic priest can marry u unless u have an annulment.....
Maybe a better word would be within

You can not get married in the Catholic Church if your divorced. Has nothing to do with being inside or outside. No Catholic priest can marry u unless u have an annulment.....
Maybe a better word would be within
True.

My distinction lies in the cap.

Sheriff’s officials said she does not have any known medical or mental health issues.
“The Sheriff’s Office is aware of the multiple theories about what may have happened with Sherri Papini,” Jackson said. “The Sheriff’s Office encourages the public to continue to be supportive to family as well as law enforcement efforts as these are stressful circumstances.”
BBM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-sherri-papini-redding-20161107-story.html

Has it been reported (I know much has not) that she could have been on medication and had an adverse reaction?
May be a slant on #8.
Just thinking of the drug commercials you see which are half disclaimers of the side effects including behavioral swings.

Wow. Here's an old site celebrating their wedding. Lots of info, click the links on the left.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120314003051/http://www.mywedding.com/papini

In particular, this one:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090211081144/http://www.mywedding.com/papini/stories.html
So she acts as if she's never lived with a guy before in the second link yet she was married before? Did KP and his family not know she had been so she's playing it off that way or did they not live together even before marriage somehow? Also for some reason and maybe it's cause she's excited about it but the way it came off was like wanting it to seem like a movie but then again those things happen I mean last year I met a guy who proposed to be 30mins later with a rose he made from a napkin and it was one of the best nights I've had as far as the instant connections go(I won't say it's the best but in a group of them) so I know weird movie sounding things can happen and for all we know this is an ex gf who wants revenge for him marrying Sherri. And it's weird she doesn't mention why she moved away but I assume it's because of her ex husband but then why did she move home? Is it at all possible we all were wrong about a previous marriage and that's someone else with the same name? I guess at weird to me that she'd not even have lived with a BF before that also cause at 18 I lived with one of mine but this I believe would be about the same age as I am now which is 28 but maybe she's just some age past 25 or they've been together way longer and we just know how long they've been married? If it's not the same person who was married before that people said is her ex husband then maybe she moved for college then came back after graduation. (Still catching up so sorry if this has been asked)

I am new here, but I have read through all of the threads. I am guessing voluntarily ran away/hoax. My reasons are as follows:
- no active organized searches (why?)
- mother seemed angry instead of distraught in her interview (like maybe she has an idea of what may have happened)
- go fund me has almost $50k for search efforts but what is this for? Does the family just keep it or are they paying for search people?
-no one seems to want to provide any details on timeline or anything really. It seems like they would provide as much info as they could in order to best assist. Social media is a powerful communication and if even a little more info was provided, it may help.
-husband did not shed a tear even though he appeared to be crying in his interview. Not suggesting him but wondering if he had an idea she may leave.

I like looking at cases from all sides. The phone seemed too planted and found too easily to appear like someone took her but obviously that is a possibility. No criticism meant for any family or friends, just trying to give an opinion.

I am new here, but I have read through all of the threads. I am guessing voluntarily ran away/hoax. My reasons are as follows:
- no active organized searches (why?)
- mother seemed angry instead of distraught in her interview (like maybe she has an idea of what may have happened)
- go fund me has almost $50k for search efforts but what is this for? Does the family just keep it or are they paying for search people?
-no one seems to want to provide any details on timeline or anything really. It seems like they would provide as much info as they could in order to best assist. Social media is a powerful communication and if even a little more info was provided, it may help.
-husband did not shed a tear even though he appeared to be crying in his interview. Not suggesting him but wondering if he had an idea she may leave.

I like looking at cases from all sides. The phone seemed too planted and found too easily to appear like someone took her but obviously that is a possibility. No criticism meant for any family or friends, just trying to give an opinion.

Just wanted to say thanks for reading through everything before posting! It's a mammoth effort, <modsnip>

Also... :greetings: welcome!

Does anyone know when the phone was found?
IIRC KP returned around 5:00 and no one home. Calls to SP phone, no answer. Calls to daycare, kids still there. Call family to get kids. Use find phone app to locate phone Call in missing 5:51
. Now these apps are great and get you in an area of your phone if your're miles away, but not the exact spot on earth. Your're within 50" feet radius, 300+ sq feet. And was it dark then? That's a shot in the dark to say the least. You could call it again to ring it and listen and find it, hoping it wasn't covered to obscure the sound., still pretty good.

Hi I just signed up here to discuss this case, I have a lot of catching up to do, but wanted to mention the road where he found the phone was pretty desolate. If he got fairly close with the find my phone app, which is possible, I think calling the phone would work. It looks like a quiet area. BUT, would the phone ring if the earphones were attached, or would it ring in the ear buds?

Does anybody know if the earphone jack was actually plugged into the phone?

If Sherri was abducted, she could have been ambushed and dropped the phone and earbuds during a struggle. Even pulled off and dropped by the attacker so there would be no phone tracking.

I also wonder if there is a way to determine the time she was playing music? I don't know if that's possible with forensics or not. Pandora is web-based and you need to log into your account, so it might be possible in that case. But if she was listening to her own music collection IDK. The phone does have an internal clock though.

Lots of questions in this strange case.

Hate to say it, but their 'story' sounds like a load of mulch. I don't buy any of it. They are all about appearances, nothing adds up.
I feel bad for saying this but I agree. I didn't want to say it but the best relationships I've had I don't feel the need to sit and basically brag about it or what nice things they do or name drop expensive places it all just sounds like the script for a romantic comedy it's weird to me. I mean I myself talk some about the person I'm with at the time and post photos of us but the last time I found myself writing stuff like this was my first serious BF at 15. And I don't mean that in a mean way cause I'm sure there are plenty of people like that I guess I just don't encounter many and because of social networking for shoots I don't like posting about my love life but since I'm one of those doesn't care what anyone thinks of me unless it's a guy I'm with type of people I guess I just don't bother to and I'm very confident in myself and maybe she was insecure back then and was bragging to make her life sound amazing? I've never really been the insecure type but have friends for example who in this case the girl brags non stop about her BF she's not been with long and how amazing he is and yet he's been in jail or rehab since like three or four months in and she constantly posts those vomit inducing memes or quotes on his stuff etc and brags and tries to make me think they're in some picture perfect thing when she's told me privately how mean he is to her off and on while in jail so I know it happens a lot but since we don't know her I really can't guess but would say her life probably(I hope at least) was as great to her as she makes it sound(especially if the ex husband or bfs were awful) but that they both care a lot or maybe too much about how others see them or maybe she was insecure or both and so she felt she needed to brag or something cause that's my only guess but I don't think the info will come in handy to solving anything unless we find out that she hid the previous husband from everyone for a good reason and one that could be key to figuring it out. I wish we could see something more recently written by her to compare how she sounded now vs then to help us figure out some stuff. Also I don't mean any of this in a mean way or anything I just mean it as in first we see the family saying supermom a lot and then we read this and it just all seems too perfect it feels odd somehow

The 'find my iPhone' app has a ear-piercing alert that seems to cut through most ambient noise (with or without the earbuds plugged). The person attempting to find the iPhone just has to zone in on the phone using the map and then select 'play sound'. The accuracy of the map to the actual location of the phone seems to vary and once showed my daughter's phone to be in a nearby lake...

Ah, thanks! I forgot about the alert noise on the find my phone app! So he would not need to call the number so my question about earbuds and the ring is not relevant! One question I can scratch off the list!

I wonder if their marriage isnt recognized by the Church. IIRC the Catholic Church requires you to be married inside the church vs. anywhere else. If she was married before (and did not have an annulment) then she would not have been able to have been married inside the church.
They got married in church but I don't know why it matters. There are photos from the church.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

They got married in church but I don't know why it matters. There are photos from the church.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I guess what people are getting at is whether the church (or the Papini family) were aware of Sherri having been married previously. I think that's why it would matter; if the marriage wasn't annulled then Sherri would've had to have lied in order to get married there.

I am presuming intent here. Not giving my own opinion, just to clarify. [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha