Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Smith. Crazy you mention her, she crossed my mind earlier too about the TWO men of a specific race.

Bonnie Sweeten was another. She claimed she and her daughter had been abducted by two black men.

She may not get charged for a crime if a different story eventually comes out (that she did leave willingly). Or she may. Just depends. It's not an always. Especially if there is mental illness involved.

And if she was abducted, then there are 2 (and possibly more) people who really need to be caught quickly.

Where one leaves their personal belongings (like alongside a road) is not a crime (outside of maybe littering). If someone else makes an assumption that a crime occurred when it did not, and calls the police, it's not a crime on the person who disappeared. Lying to police directly through their own words would be considered a crime. Causing others worry and concern is not a crime (though my mother would disagree with that.).

They didn't charge Tiffany Tehan. She left her SUV with a flat tire, door ajar, and keys in the ignition. Started a huge search and bruhaha, but it turns out she simply left her husband and infant and took off with a boyfriend to start a new life in Florida.

Of course, Tiffany did not claim to be abducted by a bushy haired black man or two hispanic women. She just fessed up when LE tracked her down.

It's not a crime to take off with your boyfriend. It is a crime to lie to LE when they track you down, or find you flagging down cars on the side of the freeway.

I just found out, and can't believe it. But what great news, thank God she's safe.

Here's what's really bugging me, if 2 Hispanic women abducted her and are still out there why isn't there more urgency to find them? Who's to say they won't hurt someone else? We haven't gotten a great description of the vehicle, just a dark SUV (is it black, grey, dark blue), any idea of make/model? Maybe show SP pictures of SUVs to get an idea of the make/model? How come no composite sketches or at least an age range of abductors. There just seems to be no real concern to try to locate these 2 women. That's really odd to me.

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

so what was the motive if indeed she was kidnapped by the two hispanic women... because apparently no one took the ransom money...

so they let her go... for what....

Officers received information about 4:30 a.m that Sherri was found. The balloon release was 8am.
The family would have known by then that she was found.

Regarding the still being there... (just some perspective):

In January of this year an extended family member of mine was murdered. Her brother in law asked me to set up a fund to help her husband and children with relocation expenses since they lived out of town and they needed to be close to family to help them get through it. With all the initial shock, being with family (and away from the computer), LE activity and funeral plans, the account was literally ignored for several days.

In this case, the account is in Sherri's husband's name and I can only imagine logging on and dealing with is the last thing on his mind right now. I really wouldn't read anything into it. Although, I will say, in my case, the family of the man who murdered my extended family member sure had a good time on SM mocking the family for even having the account in the first place.

Not necessarily.

Like I said in my post above, it's not illegal for an adult to take off and disappear from their own life. It is illegal to lie about it if/when questioned by police. We don't know yet if she lied to police or not.

And to Caligirl: "Faking" one's disappearance is kind of a misnomer. She did disappear, she was gone for 3 weeks. Again, it's not illegal to leave a phone behind or anything else, and take off. She didn't write a note that said, "help I've been abducted." Under the law, disappearing for whatever reason is not a crime.

If she took off on her own, then a crime HAS been committed, since she is accusing others. And if she was taken, then a crime has also been committed.

They didn't charge Tiffany Tehan. She left her SUV with a flat tire, door ajar, and keys in the ignition. Started a huge search and bruhaha, but it turns out she simply left her husband and infant and took off with a boyfriend to start a new life in Florida.

Of course, Tiffany did not claim to be abducted by a bushy haired black man or two hispanic women. She just fessed up when LE tracked her down.

It's not a crime to take off with your boyfriend. It is a crime to lie to LE when they track you down, or find you flagging down cars on the side of the freeway.

Me thinks it will all come out in the wash. We just need to pop some popcorn, sit back and wait for the show.

I didn't see/hear any specific details other than she was found "bound". Do you have a link for that?

The link states "bound with restraints" - not sure what that means - and if she was tossed from the dark-colored SUV completely bound from midsection with arms at her sides down to her feet - would she have been able to stand up?

This is the part that confuses me.

If her entire body was bound there is no way she could have stepped out of the SUV on her own. You can either fall out, or be thrown out.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/no...n-yolo-county-bound-with-restraints/183165592

Regarding the still being there... (just some perspective):

In January of this year an extended family member of mine was murdered. Her brother in law asked me to set up a fund to help her husband and children with relocation expenses since they lived out of town and they needed to be close to family to help them get through it. With all the initial shock, being with family (and away from the computer), LE activity and funeral plans, the account was literally ignored for several days.

In this case, the account is in Sherri's husband's name and I can only imagine logging on and dealing with is the last thing on his mind right now. I really wouldn't read anything into it. Although, I will say, in my case, the family of the man who murdered my extended family member sure had a good time on SM mocking the family for even having the account in the first place.

:grouphug: I'm sorry you lost a family member to murder. The brother in law was fortunate to have you set up a fund for him. No one is ever prepared for such tragedies. I completely agree with your post too.

Yes that's what I was thinking too, but if they released her why would she still be bound?

Maybe to delay her ability to get help so her purported captors could get away? Oh, jeez, why am I snickering as I type this...???:notgood:

I"m truly so disappointed to see so many who come here to help, be so quick to ridicule and point fingers.
She was just found. Would you prefer that she be found dead? Would everyone feel better because they knew that's what the outcome would be. Let's truly be thankful that she was found, for whatever reason, for the sake of the two children who now, will not be without a mommy. So disappointed in this thread.

Thank you for your excellent post! My feelings exactly, no matter what happened...she is home with her family. I'm sure they all have a lot to figure out at this point. I much rather have this outcome...then all the other awful ones that happen each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024