Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a known fact that DailyMail pays very well for photos. Perhaps it was another way to raise money for expenses. Still, I'd never ever sell my children's photos no matter what the case.

So scary.

Me either! With crazed abductors on the loose?

That alarmed me too, but SP didn't release the photo did she? She or KP may have been asked and given permission, but their faces should be blurred IMO. Who felt the need to post photos of her children? Now the kidnappers know what the kids look like- if they didn't already.

I am beginning to agree more and more with parents who refuse to post pictures of their children in social media.

The kids are too young to know what was going on, but if they were told mommy is coming home by Thanksgiving thank goodness she did! I have never promised my kids anyone will be anywhere, because accidents happen!

No location has been given of where she is exactly- for good reason! Not only would I refuse to return to that home, I would delete all accounts and wouldn't ever post anything on social media again.

It would take a lifetime for me to feel any degree of safety for me my husband, my children and my family.

Thinking about her sister, I would think she is fearful for herself. ESPECIALLY if a ransom was paid. I would not want to be speaking to the media, I'd want to go into hiding.

IMO it's a big deal if SP was a planned out kidnapping and held for ransom?

They haven't been captured yet- I'd want armed security following me around 24/7 if I was an immediate family member.

So many questions.
People are all different, maybe I would be considered paranoid for feeling like this, but I would be freaking out! Happy I had my sister back, but very afraid for myself and my family as well.

It's not like she just returned home from a trip and normal life will resume once the laundry is done.
Or is it?
I would need serious therapy!
jmo

*http://www.redding.com/news/local/Security-experts-weigh-in-on-Papini-case-403058276.html?d=mobile

In the article, it said her father provided photos of the family on Halloween. And I believe someone here said the FAMILY otherwise posted photos of the kids I think on the now dead help find sherri facebook page.

Does anyone know if Sherri wears contacts or does she have perfect vision? I know I have very poor vision without my contacts and if someone kidnapped me and did not provide a way to care for my contacts I would not be able to identify nor describe them unless they came within inches of my face while they held me. Just another idea to throw into the many suggestions of why she may not be able to ID her abductors (other suggestions being a mask or blindfold or she was threatened not to reveal their identity).

Went to look at sherri's Photobucket (sherrisblueeyes for those who don't know) to see if she has any photos of her wearing glasses. I don't think she is wearing glasses in her photos. Just sunglasses.

There are a couple photos that say "this person has moved or deleted this image", on page 3. Were those there when we first found the Photobucket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although her husband was desperate to have his wife back, it was quite impressive to read that he beat the local police to her location. He may have wanted to keep other family members safe by keeping her from revealing too much. If this is the case, it must be quite frustrating for LE. Although they did know the family had a negotiator. The family followed the rules and got Sherri back. (This is the impression I have gotten following this story)

I'm not sure what you are implying about KP, but he might have beat the Redding PD there because of the Holiday. Perhaps the primaries on the case had the morning off and were with their family for Thanksgiving when they got the call they had to drive to Sacramento to interview Sherri? Regardless of the reason that KP may have gotten there ahead of Redding LE, the local police in Yolo County were already there and had most likely questioned/collected evidence before he got there. His arriving when he did could not have prevented her from saying something she wanted to say to LE without his hearing, IMO.

CHP was already there, weren't they? In command of the situation? I'm not sure it would be odd for the husband to beat LE there if they weren't speeding/using sirens to get there.

Have you seen the sheriff dispatch reports?

Unfortunately, there's lots of other crime to keep LE occupied with...

SP being found alive may not have been a *drop everything and speed down to Yolo Co.* circumstance, esp. if CHP was already on it.

Esp. on a holiday, I'm thinking.

I'm still trying to stay caught up.
Is it possible her family paid a ransom for her? It would make sense that she was released after payment.

All MOO!

I think some of us are of the opinion that a ransom was paid. I'm beginning to think that is why this case is "weird." Well, that and she was found alive. We usually don't have positive outcomes on the cases we follow. :dunno:

It's a known fact that DailyMail pays very well for photos. Perhaps it was another way to raise money for expenses. Still, I'd never ever sell my children's photos no matter what the case.

So scary.

Oh! I didn't know that!
Neither would I!

Maybe a ransom WAS actually paid, and that's why SP was released. Maybe that's also why KP was confident the kids would see their mom by Thanksgiving?

I keep seeing ransom mentioned. Did KP or anyone else ever mention that she was being held for ransom? When KP gave his TV interview, it seemed he hadn't heard from any captor. Why would a captor hold someone for several weeks before asking for ransom?

So scary.
agreed. The kiddnappers are still out there. She needs to move, change her name, and hide her children-no news photos-etc.

I'm pretty sure the officer said, in his presser, that LE provided a phone for her to call her husband. It's possible he beat others to the scene, but I'm pretty sure there were local responding officers before he arrived.

Went to look at sherri's Photobucket (sherrisblueeyes for those who don't know) to see if she has any photos of her wearing glasses. I don't think she is wearing glasses in her photos. Just sunglasses.

There are a couple photos that say "this person has moved or deleted this image", on page 3. Were those there when we first found the Photobucket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good observation...but I remember thinking the same thing (sorry, I don't have the answer). The second time I went back to look at the photobucket account, I noticed that some photos were removed...Then I thought to myself "were they just removed or was this account always like this?" Sorry, I don't have an answer - but I did observe the same thing.

I think we need to clarify the ransom thing...if we all can recall, the deadline had passed and the alleged abductor didn't release Sherri, so then CG turned the ransom into a reward for anyone that could release her or lead to her release. The next day, hours even, she was released. No *ransom* was paid, but instead a reward was given (or reverse ransom if you want to call it that). Remember that reward is around $100K. Just wanted to be clear about this detail.

It seems like some posters on Facebook are out for blood.

I took a screen shot of a few posters while they were besmirching the validity of the abduction claims.

Here ya go.
1480196070063-768748377001.jpg

Patience is a struggle for me in this case! But every untruth has to supported by more untruths and eventually the links become fragile and the real facts emerge - it's hard to get a decent view on what went down with all this fanfare now ugh!!! Time needs to hurry up on this case!!!!

So is it possible that if you have a lot of money and someone you love goes missing that you could (successfully) handle it privately and keep LE out of it to a degree? Enough of a degree that when they find the girl they do not believe that ransom had anything to do with it? And who could fault the family. They feared for SP's death!

nommer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member