Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I get that and I'm not doubting you heard it. I'm doubting that it was relayed in the proper perspective. She obviously was NOT chained to something presently when found. The witness said she was waving a "flag" hopping on the side of the road...she wasn't chained to anything when found. The witness saw both of her hands in the air waving a piece of material (so obviously they weren't chained to anything) and her feet were not bound (so obviously not chained to anything) that's all I'm saying...what is said in the initial rush and sighting and what has really occurred gets messed up quite a bit.

Also in the previous link that you posted, it stated: "It is not known if Papini knew her captors, was harmed by them or what their motives may have been."

How do we get from 'not known if she was harmed by them' to 'severely beaten'?

Well if we want to speculate if she was kidnapped for ransom, we would need to first determine if she was wealthy. Kidnappers don't kidnap someone not wealthy for ransom. And before we go down the sex trafficking road, again, sex trafficking typically involves the "unwanted"... not women who's families would aggressively search for them.
If a ransom was paid, the sheriff had no knowledge of it (judging from his blunt statement on the subject at the press conference). How likely is that?

I saw that too. Can anyone find a better link? I got a gut feeling when I read it the first time that it might have been her.
That being said, "most" Travel Centers have cameras everywhere!

That is an important observation...

Hope they piece together the case soon!

I am not sure what the car description means exactly "2016 BLU PK" but "female was evasive" seems relevant.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where this report would be printed out again.

I predict, in a couple of days, the family will ask for privacy and we'll never hear another word about this case.
Do they get that right when the public; who has so kindly helped search, donated funds and spread awareness for her return, could be in potential danger?

The press conference was to thank all the people who helped search for Sherri. If they had NOT released a family statement or done a press conference to thank volunteers, they would face backlash for that, IMO. :moo:

Absolutely true. While we all wonder WTH went on here, there are strange evils in this world. I'm just always relieved for the families that whatever nightmare happened they are able to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have been done privately, or LE turned blind eye or cannot release info yet. Could be part of deal negotiated w perps

I saw an announcement there last night, giving a specific time they would be shutting it down and thanking everyone for their help. I'm paraphrasing here. The page said that there are still several people missing from the Redding area and to please continue to help on other missing cases on the (I think) the NorCal Missing Persons page.

Yes, I was reading the HFSP Facebook page yesterday and some of the commenters were saying things like "this doesn't add up" etc. and posting questions about the Go Fund Me money.

So, I completely understand why they shut it down.

Probably in the minority here, but yes I think ransom money was exchanged. That being said, this is a strange case. :moo: :silenced:

Always thought Denise Huskins' kidnapping was a strange case too and she, in fact, was kidnapped too. Truth is, as they say, stranger than fiction.

When you said that the other day it really made sense as a true possibility. One of the only things that does. Either that or the abductors felt the heat was getting to close. That does happen.

I passed two Hispanic women this morning standing outside a dark SUV. They were trying to rescue a kitten. I think before LE says any type of bolo info, they need a few more specifics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Man I totally agree. Extremely irresponsible BOLO. Especially at this time in the US.

I've seen numerous posts about Sherri not being kept overnight in the hospital. I'm not sure if people realize that hospitals don't just admit a patient because something bad happened. It certainly is possible that she had been beaten, and the hospital didn't need to keep her. If her vital signs were stable, they would send her home. Even if she had a concussion, it wouldn't necessarily mean a hospital stay.

I think that with high profile cases hospitals and insurance companies break with protocol and try to keep the victim in longer. It would be very bad publicity not to.

We've had two second hand pieces of information in MSM:

One says the dispatcher claimed she might be badly beaten.

One says the witness said she didn't look to be injured.

Do you think we should avoid saying she was or wasn't beaten until we've got first-hand confirmation on this? I've seen a lot of comments talking about it one way or the other and I think discussing the potential of IF she had been badly beaten is different from stating that she was. And vice versa.

I don't want anyone to feel I'm telling people how to post - I just wondered others' thoughts on this? Do you take either piece of information from MSM as fact and/or one piece of information over the other?

No. There is an actual police log showing the CHP reported she was badly beaten and chained to something. I take that as fact. Period. Beyond that, I don't know anything. It certainly may explain why her kids haven't seen her, if her face is messed up. She may not want to scare them.

Are we sure they didn't?

I would have expected her hair to have been dyed or cut, for some reason.

Fox news Dallas TX - two women are on the run after sheriff chase SUV, two women got away on foot in Mesquite TX

For what? Why did the police try to stop them?

Things can heal in three weeks but....if anything dramatic was wrong they would not release her.

Unless she insisted on leaving.

Giving a statement is 1 thing. But taking on 20 questions that you plan to basically say no comment to; Is just plain not needed. Jmo

I agree. But to be fair, unlike sleuhters, she may not be familiar with situations like these. I look at her face and see nothing about trying to get attention. She seems emotionally spent.

This may have been pointed out already, but if so, I missed it here. In the interview with the Sheriff on the sidebar to the right http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigation-sherri-papinis-disappearance/story?id=43777131, he states, 'One of the captors had dropped her off on a rural road…'

Here the Sheriff didn’t say it was the two women who dropped her off. First that I had heard or read of that. So from what we know thus far, she was abducted by the two women and one person dropped her off.

Where did we get that she stated she was actually abducted by two Hispanic women? All I ever heard is that two armed Hispanic captors released her, but not that they were the ones to abduct her. Help me out.

I predict, in a couple of days, the family will ask for privacy and we'll never hear another word about this case.

From the family, I think you;re right. But the police can't allow this to go away. The public is clamoring for information and they can't just drop a bomb on us like that and then quietly say nothing more. They can't tell a scared public that a little, blonde woman from a middle class, Christian, suburban family, was abducted in a residential neighborhood while jogging, held for three weeks, beaten, and then released by two vaguely described "armed Hispanic women in a dark SUV", and then say nothing more. This is a very high profile case now. The media and the public won;t allow it to go away.

There is NOTHING obvious about this case right now.

Reports are varied, as they OFTEN are in the early days after a big break in a case.

In the coming days as the hoopla calms we may have a much better timeline and feel for events.

It's a long shot, but certainly someone could get TX in a day if they drive straight through. And it's been a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could be just a coincidence, but this area has a heavy Hispanic population

Things can heal in three weeks but....if anything dramatic was wrong they would not release her.

I've been wondering if she was kept drugged during her capture, which would explain if she is unable to recount details. I guess I can rule that out. I don't think a physician would release her if she was in a drugged state.

Plus as formerreddingrunner posted, an ER workup with CT scans for possible head injuries does not equal a quick release from care.

I'm surprised that they didn't cut her hair off in order to further batter and torture her.

The whole thing just seems strange. So many directions.

The story in Mesquite is kind of weird. What had the 2 women done, besides failure to stop? That's a lot of effort to track down two women who just didn't stop for a routine traffic stop. You have to have specific reasons to go on a car "chase" - because they're so dangerous. It would be hard to believe this was routine.

When you said that the other day it really made sense as a true possibility. One of the only things that does. Either that or the abductors felt the heat was getting to close. That does happen.

Man I totally agree. Extremely irresponsible BOLO. Especially at this time in the US.

I think that with high profile cases hospitals and insurance companies break with protocol and try to keep the victim in longer. It would be very bad publicity not to.

No. There is an actual police log showing the CHP reported she was badly beaten and chained to something. I take that as fact. Period. Beyond that, I don't know anything. It certainly may explain why her kids haven't seen her, if her face is messed up. She may not want to scare them.

I would have expected her hair to have been dyed or cut, for some reason.

For what? Why did the police try to stop them?

Unless she insisted on leaving.

I agree. But to be fair, unlike sleuhters, she may not be familiar with situations like these. I look at her face and see nothing about trying to get attention. She seems emotionally spent.

Where did we get that she stated she was actually abducted by two Hispanic women? All I ever heard is that two armed Hispanic captors released her, but not that they were the ones to abduct her. Help me out.

From the family, I think you;re right. But the police can't allow this to go away. The public is clamoring for information and they can't just drop a bomb on us like that and then quietly say nothing more. They can't tell a scared public that a little, blonde woman from a middle class, Christian, suburban family, was abducted in a residential neighborhood while jogging, held for three weeks, beaten, and then released by two vaguely described "armed Hispanic women in a dark SUV", and then say nothing more. This is a very high profile case now. The media and the public won;t allow it to go away.

View the ABC news video again with the Sheriff...the newscaster asks him if these two women were the ones to abduct her also and the Sheriff says yes.

Well if we want to speculate if she was kidnapped for ransom, we would need to first determine if she was wealthy. Kidnappers don't kidnap someone not wealthy for ransom. And before we go down the sex trafficking road, again, sex trafficking typically involves the "unwanted"... not women who's families would aggressively search for them.

But sometimes they think someone's wealthy and they're not. I 100% agree with you about trafficking. Not buying that at all as a possibility.

If a ransom was paid, the sheriff had no knowledge of it (judging from his blunt statement on the subject at the press conference). How likely is that?

He could;'ve been lying.

I want to interject here and throw in my 2 cents and I may be way off the mark. In regards to the sisters statement. I think she despised having to give one at all. I think she went ahead and said look I'm 6 months pregnant so tread lightly bc my hormones make me over emotional. I'm doing this bc I got roped into it for our family. I think she's even feeling a little put out bc she doesn't have the answers she was hoping for either. I'm even wondering if she's seen Sherri for more than a few minutes. She was unaware of any of the details and that made her the perfect family spokesperson for this particular Q&A. She could get up there say thank you on their behalf and when asked those questions be genuinely unable to answer them bc she does not have all of the details. I feel like Sherri & Keith asked her specifically to handle it for them. JMO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I feel bad for what she has been through and having to be the face of her family during the whole time while being 6 months pregnant.

There is NOTHING obvious about this case right now.

Reports are varied, as they OFTEN are in the early days after a big break in a case.

In the coming days as the hoopla calms we may have a much better timeline and feel for events.

I'm just happy she's alive.
Didn't expect this, but she's alive, and she's safe.

Would love to hear the whole story, but I'm sure it's gonna be a while.

Strange, strange story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member