Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering if she was kept drugged during her capture, which would explain if she is unable to recount details. I guess I can rule that out. I don't think a physician would release her if she was in a drugged state.

Plus as formerreddingrunner posted, an ER workup with CT scans for possible head injuries does not equal a quick release from care.
Yes, being drugged would definitely be a specific reason to keep her. I'm sure they did a full work up.

And a patient who is high priority could definitely have a full work up, including CT scan, and be released in a few hours.

And maybe she's not wealthy but has ties to those who are. That could open up possibilities to this making some sense.

But sometimes they think someone's wealthy and they're not. I 100% agree with you about trafficking. Not buying that at all as a possibility.

He could;'ve been lying.

Doubt it. I don't think LE comes out and lies to the public in press conferences as often as so-called sleuthers seem to think. Little to gain, too much to lose in terms of public trust. In this case, the sheriff didn't even leave wiggle room for himself, as he could have.

I agree that it is possible some sort of ransom was paid to get her released because I dont think kidnappers would keep her this long and just let her go out of the kindness of their hearts. Especially if they had indeed beat her up. I hope she is ok physically and hope at some point they release more information on her condition.

It is such a bizarre case because these never usually turn out this way with a kidnapper releasing the victim unless some money was paid.

In some cases even if money was paid the victim ends up dead.

The risk of the kidnappers getting caught goes up exponentially when you have the kidnapee alive to talk to investigators about what they went through.

I cannot think of a recent case like this one.

I hope LE finds out who was involved.

I have leaned towards a ransom situation too. Look at this recent case:

http://q13fox.com/2016/11/21/kidnapped-kennewick-woman-found-dead-on-the-side-of-the-road/

Poor woman was kidnapped (by a woman), for ransom (which authorities paid) and was found dead on the side of the road in Washington just this Nov. 21. So sad.

I hope this kidnapping for ransom does not become a trend. It is a huge problem in Taiwan, Mexico and South America.

Where did we get that she stated she was actually abducted by two Hispanic women? All I ever heard is that two armed Hispanic captors released her, but not that they were the ones to abduct her. Help me out.

The Sheriff stated such in the interview in the link I posted. He said that SP gave them that info.

No. There is an actual police log showing the CHP reported she was badly beaten and chained to something. I take that as fact. Period. Beyond that, I don't know anything. It certainly may explain why her kids haven't seen her, if her face is messed up. She may not want to scare them.

RSBM. Do you have a link to the police log - I've only seen mention that the dispatcher mentioned she may have been badly beaten. (www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...ducted-beaten-chained-20161125-story,amp.html) But I also think people can be mistaken on their calls to police. One witness who made a report, for example, said "She didn't look like she was hurt". (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lif-mom-waving-road-article-1.2887530?0p19G=e)

Why is one report taken as fact over another?

Her face being messed up is COMPLETE speculation. Perhaps she didn't see the kids because she was too emotional, or because she didn't want to disrupt their day, or because she didn't feel up to it, maybe she was too tired.... there are all manner of reasons it could be; I'm just suggesting we leave out claiming she was beaten as fact (and vice versa, as I've said previously). We just don't need it to be a factor right now when we don't KNOW.

JMO.

Doubt it. I don't think LE comes out and lies to the public in press conferences as often as so-called sleuthers seem to think. Little to gain, too much to lose in terms of public trust. In this case, the sheriff didn't even leave wiggle room for himself, as he could have.

I know what you mean and I also agree that sleuthers tend to believe LE lies MUCH much more than they ever do. But there would be a good reason to shut that down if true, right away. They would not want to encourage ransom kidnappings. That's not a thing in our country at present and no one wants it to be.

I think we have powerful criminal men at the head of this who wish to negotiate with powerful innocent people and the two Mexican girls are underneath powerful criminal men. Then we have crafty business minded folks who are creatively trying to get back their loved one and to get her back alive may require going outside of LE but that sends a bad message to public and could result in copycats but I ask you... what would YOU do if it was your loved one

Quite a bizarre story.

I'm just catching up here, I almost forgot about this one.

Was this a wealthy family? Other than momentary gain I'm perplexed as far as a motive.

RBBM : Early on a couple of posters who are local posted that the home Sherri lived in was owned by a family member of her husband. There was some indication of money, but IDK about "wealth " Of course such things as money and wealth are all relative, kwim ? all jmo

This IS odd.
IMO I would NEVER promise my children anything like that.

"Last week he promised their two children, Tyler four and Violet, two, that 'mommy' would be home by Thanksgiving."

This is NOT odd
IMO

"It turns out Keith had been told she was okay hours before and he even beat the sheriffs down to where she was found."

*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-promised-children-d-holidays.html#comments

*KP beat the Sheriff's from Redding
to where she was with the
Sheriff's in Yolo is how I read this.

He did not go to the side of the road with SP.

jmo

Is the mayor a family friend? I never heard any missing person thanking the mayor. What did the mayor do?

Do they get that right when the public; who has so kindly helped search, donated funds and spread awareness for her return, could be in potential danger?

Sure, they have that right as long as no one lied or committed fraud in order to obtain those funds/LE resources. We, the public, aren't owed an explanation, IMO. I agree it would be nice to get one though.

I followed a case here on WS a couple of years ago involving the disappearance of a woman who was having a high risk pregnancy (she was in her 40's). Her young adult daughter and brother were frantic. It turns out the woman voluntarily left, may not have been pregnant and may have been suffering emotional/psychological issues. Brother released a quick statement essentially saying, thanks, she's been found and getting help. Oh, and the request for privacy. Sometimes that's all we get.

Maybe somebody owed some unsavory people some serious money. You never know. Maybe the "ransom" offer was a way to pay it off and get her back without revealing that. So, LE didn't lie, it wasn't ransom. Maybe... just an idea.

Thanks. I was sent home from the hospital in very bad shape. I live alone and did not have anyone to help, I'm 76 years old and was kinda shocked. That is how it is these days though.

O/T but just ask. Many peoples here have big hearts. Don't be scared to ask for help, here or anywhere else... My heart and mind is with you...... just remember to ask.:heartbeat:

I find the description of the 2 women and the vehicle to be the most troubling. I found the identical description in an incident in LA (but included a male perp) that happened the day before SP was freed. I don't think the two are related in any way. I hope this case is solved and they find the people who murdered this young mother. They do have surveillance footage so I do think that is why they released a description.

The three suspects are described as two Hispanic women and one Hispanic man who fled in the dark-colored SUV, cops said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oman-22-found-slashed-death-article-1.2885130

Where did we get that she stated she was actually abducted by two Hispanic women? All I ever heard is that two armed Hispanic captors released her, but not that they were the ones to abduct her. Help me out.

The Sheriff stated such in the interview in the link I posted. He said that SP gave them that info.

The captors MAY of been Hispanic. SP apparently didn't get to see them. She said that their voices sounded hispanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member