Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Sherri wears contacts or does she have perfect vision? I know I have very poor vision without my contacts and if someone kidnapped me and did not provide a way to care for my contacts I would not be able to identify nor describe them unless they came within inches of my face while they held me. Just another idea to throw into the many suggestions of why she may not be able to ID her abductors (other suggestions being a mask or blindfold or she was threatened not to reveal their identity).

That's so true. I think about this every night I go to bed without them. I wouldn't be able to see very clear at all, but I could dag on for sure recognize a voice.

agreed. The kiddnappers are still out there. She needs to move, change her name, and hide her children-no news photos-etc.

No, she needs to jog with her two new partners, Smith & Wesson. I wouldn't run and hide. Now is the time to stand and defend.

I keep seeing ransom mentioned. Did KP or anyone else ever mention that she was being held for ransom? When KP gave his TV interview, it seemed he hadn't heard from any captor. Why would a captor hold someone for several weeks before asking for ransom?

You have me thinking. Thinking about the Lindberg baby kidnapping. That was an odd case too. There are more, but the names escape me at the moment....

KP had said on his first TV interview "I wish I could be there with you". This is what made me think of the possibility of a kidnap for ransom.

I think we need to clarify the ransom thing...if we all can recall, the deadline had passed and the alleged abductor didn't release Sherri, so then CG turned the ransom into a reward for anyone that could release her or lead to her release. The next day, hours even, she was released. No *ransom* was paid, but instead a reward was given (or reverse ransom if you want to call it that). Remember that reward is around $100K. Just wanted to be clear about this detail.

But none of this money was paid out, right? I remember LE saying the anonymous donor, ransom, etc did not make the difference in the case. And this anonymous donor just offered up ransom money without the captors asking for it. Bizarre.

I think we need to clarify the ransom thing...if we all can recall, the deadline had passed and the alleged abductor didn't release Sherri, so then CG turned the ransom into a reward for anyone that could release her or lead to her release. The next day, hours even, she was released. No *ransom* was paid, but instead a reward was given (or reverse ransom if you want to call it that). Remember that reward is around $100K. Just wanted to be clear about this detail.
isn't it usually rich people that get kidnapped for ransom? Is Sherri rich? Did the two Latino women think she had money?

Does anybody have, or can anybody find data or information on when ransom demands for an abductee have been satisfied previously for release?

I've tried to look but I'm not coming up with anything.

I'm just wondering how successful ransom demands and/or 'ransom' payments are typically?

Also, are there times when the ransom hasn't been confirmed by LE at the time of abduction but later confirmed?

I'm wondering if the probability of a ransom release is high? If perhaps the payment was made and then denied during the presser - for what reason?

Thank you! I believe I need to take that stroll through the previous threads about now.

Can someone refresh my memory please and tell me how soon after that Sherri went missing did the ransom thing come up? It was not right away, correct? If the family knew from the beginning this was a kidnapping ransom thing, CG thing would've surfaced sooner.

Ok just to brainstorm... maybe the reverse ransom was part of the negotiation. So kidnappedr asks for 1 million dollars from wealthy person. Wealthy person, let's assume business savvy, doesn't want to pay these ****s that kind of money and wants the victim alive, and since very wealthy, will then launch a hunt to take down kidnappers. So plays offense and offers up a reward to kidnapper that says, I'll pay you a bunch less money, but won't try to find you afterwards. This is your "safest" bet. Negotiations still happen past this point...

Went to look at sherri's Photobucket (sherrisblueeyes for those who don't know) to see if she has any photos of her wearing glasses. I don't think she is wearing glasses in her photos. Just sunglasses.

There are a couple photos that say "this person has moved or deleted this image", on page 3. Were those there when we first found the Photobucket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think her photobucket was already like that. The pictures are from before they were married so the account is several years old. Who knows when they were taken out or why. Thanks for looking but lack of photos of her in glasses doesn't indicate either way if she has contacts, IMO. Some people never wear their glasses in public and will even taken them off for photos if they are wearing them. And there are prescription sun glasses. (Not saying I know for sure she wears contacts--but I think it's still possible).

It seems like some posters on Facebook are out for blood.

I took a screen shot of a few posters while they were besmirching the validity of the abduction claims.

Here ya go.
View attachment 105133

nommer.gif

You two are killing me... :laughing:

No, she needs to jog with her two new partners, Smith & Wesson. I wouldn't run and hide. Now is the time to stand and defend.

Yes! And I would invest in a Rottweiler and a Doberman too.

KP had said on his first TV interview "I wish I could be there with you". This is what made me think of the possibility of a kidnap for ransom.

That's what I love most about Websleuthers! You guys are so smart! :heartbeat:

I'm not sure what you are implying about KP, but he might have beat the Redding PD there because of the Holiday. Perhaps the primaries on the case had the morning off and were with their family for Thanksgiving when they got the call they had to drive to Sacramento to interview Sherri? Regardless of the reason that KP may have gotten there ahead of Redding LE, the local police in Yolo County were already there and had most likely questioned/collected evidence before he got there. His arriving when he did could not have prevented her from saying something she wanted to say to LE without his hearing, IMO.

It's technically the Shasta County Sheriff, not the City of Redding PD.

The Papanis live in Mountain Gate, outside of city limits.

The ransom has all but been ruled out in my mind for a number of reasons. Both a demand and the advertised ransom payment.

1. It was denied that there was any contact between any party and the abductors by the sheriff.

2. It was was also denied by the sheriff that the ransom reward had anything to do with her being released.

3. The ransom reward was announced way after the abduction, meaning it was unlikely to have been a ransom demand abduction.

4. Why pick an average, run of the mill woman to try and extort a ransom? There are plenty of rich people who also jog...

5. How could the ransom exchange have taken place? Logistically?

I'm sure now I've said all this, it will come out that the ransom was actually paid... but for now, it's not on my radar.

You have me thinking. Thinking about the Lindberg baby kidnapping. That was an odd case too. There are more, but the names escape me at the moment....

Phoenix AZ has had many kidnappings in the past 10 years. It began as a cartel related phenomena, then moved and changed to include the kidnapping of legitimate business owners. Not sure if main stream media ever covered it extensively or not. Have lived in a country where kidnappings were common, it is not something I would want to see here. all jmo

Maybe she is NOT average... that explains the fancy photos... maybe fairly affluent... check out private jet photo for example... they may have connections

Seems like every time I check on this case, I am either way behind or it is closed. :notgood:

Maybe a ransom WAS actually paid, and that's why SP was released. Maybe that's also why KP was confident the kids would see their mom by Thanksgiving?

IMO, a ransom was paid and Sherri was released. But ask yourself, why was a ransom even offered in the first place? To me it is quite obvious the family knew what happened to Sherri from the get-go.

Gitani1 has said Sherri nor her family, are legally obligated to give LE details which would help them arrest the perp(s).

CG stated “We don’t care if you’re a convicted felon, if you’re a person with a warrant out for your arrest or a drug addict,” the man in the video said. “You lead us to Sherri, we give you more money than you can spend.”
http://www.recorder.com/Missing-Shasta-County-woman-is-found-safe-after-three-weeks-6384664

It has occurred to me that the "two females" description may be a fictitious detail, in order to honor the terms of the ransom. All that said, I have no idea what the truth is and doubt if we'll ever know all the details ...

If she escaped and made it to the road? Then wouldn't she have had to stay and lead police back to the house that she escaped from?

Does anybody have, or can anybody find data or information on when ransom demands for an abductee have been satisfied previously for release?

I've tried to look but I'm not coming up with anything.

I'm just wondering how successful ransom demands and/or 'ransom' payments are typically?

Also, are there times when the ransom hasn't been confirmed by LE at the time of abduction but later confirmed?

I'm wondering if the probability of a ransom release is high? If perhaps the payment was made and then denied during the presser - for what reason?

The whole idea of ransom paid in this case is too dramatic for me. Unfortunately, what makes the most sense to me is a woman who either @) needed some attention or b) got emotionally overwhelmed for whatever reason and decided to leave home.

I know we're trying to be sensitive to the victim. This is all just my opinion. But as many have said in these SP threads, it just doesn't add up. From the vague police statements to the sister's press conference where she doesn't mention SP was abducted, from the mysterious anonymous donor to the mysterious drop-off on Thanksgiving day, it just doesn't add up. I am very, very happy she is home with her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member