Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo. I'm tired of folks acting like a missing persons case is receiving too much attention after the family member is found while 2 perps are still out there.

Especially since most abduction cases rarely get coverage at all. Jmo

So I doubt Sherris family is mad about the coverage and having strangers offer 50k ransoms and the publics opinion.

Especially since 90% of missing kids and adults cases never get displayed to this much attention.

Jmo

So her family should be happy that she has 9 threads in 3 weeks. Jmo

Because there are millions of kidnapped and unsolved people/murders/ abductions that barely have a half of thread here ( if that or none at all).

Jmo

I wonder if LE is legally allowed to publicly report if someone was a victim of SA. When TK abducted KB and had her chained in a storage shed, the public was not told of her specific injuries or whether she'd been SA.
Usually, the public finds out when charges are filed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how happy SP would be to see these 9 threads in 3 weeks. JMO

LE in the Vanessa Marcotte case in Massachusetts have been equally as vague as Redding LE. All we know about Vanessa's case, IIRC, is she was murdered and suffered burns on her hand, feet, and head. No info regarding sexual assault. No details on where on the head she was burned. Does "head" mean "face" or "hair" or "top/back of head"? No details on how extensively burned. And LE is now advising people to BOLO for a man who could have had access to a dark SUV at the time of Vanessa's murder. That's a whole lot of men getting the old side eye.

IMO, officials in Redding are releasing the info they can release without compromising the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lady in California who was drugged, kidnapped, raped, and dropped off near one of her parent's home a couple of years ago. LE stated it was a hoax, until they found out it wasn't. I think her initials were DH. She and her bf's reputations were dragged through the mud on top of what they had been through, especially her. But, I'm not sure about someone who wasn't sexually assaulted being let go. Seems that's a primary reason for holding a female for a period of time. JMO. I'm glad she is home safe, and hope she is surrounded by loving supportive people. I can not imagine what those three weeks were like.

Denise Huskins. Motive was ransom ($8500).

. . . but just because something isn’t easy to explain doesn’t mean it’s not true.

http://jezebel.com/gone-girl-kidnapping-in-ca-wasnt-a-hoax-new-evidence-r-1717748433

Imo. I'm tired of folks acting like a missing persons case is receiving too much attention after the family member is found while 2 perps are still out there.

Especially since most abduction cases rarely get coverage at all. Jmo

So I doubt Sherris family is mad about the coverage and having strangers offer 50k ransoms and the publics opinion.

Especially since 90% of missing kids and adults cases never get displayed to this much attention.

Jmo

So her family should be happy that she has 9 threads in 3 weeks. Jmo

Because there are millions of kidnapped and unsolved people that barely have a half of thread here ( if that or none at all).

Jmo

Agree. I don't have much to add to that, but ... thank you, Dexter.

I'm not sure how happy SP would be to see these 9 threads in 3 weeks. JMO

The comments on the MSM articles are much worse. Moderators are doing a great job here at WebSleuths with keeping these threads under control.

CHP were on the scene and describing the situation for the officers and additional emergency personal being called to the scene. IMO, there is NO reason for LE on the scene to describe the "mental status" of a victim for the approaching emergency personnel unless there is a situation where they are a risk to themselves or others. No such risk was mentioned by dispatch. JMO, we should trust the assessment of the officers on the scene. They were radioing to prepare the ambulance for what the would find. Dispatch also asked for lights and sirens. They don't do that if it is a non-emergent situation. If she was only "mentally" upset they would arrive and transport her silently to the hospital without lights or sirens. JMO. MOO. :moo:

I'm gonna differ with you here, that if she was only 'mentally' upset, I think it would still be a code three response. Change in mental status can be a very big deal. With a closed head injury or a diabetic crisis, drug overdose, sometimes the only symptom is an obvious mental change.

Regardless, CHP asked for help lickety-split.

I haven't seen any confirmation that she wasn't sexually assaulted.

I don't know how we can drop the subject of Sherri being heavily battered, Dex, since it came directly from a conversation with the police dispatcher and a CHP officer.

Just because the abductors broke no bones and honestly we don't even really know that for a fact either. If she sustained any fractures or broken bones that could be corrected with a soft or hard cast and she would still be able to go home. Even if she had fractured ribs they wouldn't keep her in the hospital. The hospital staff had to know who Sherri was and what had happened to her so I am sure they did everything they could for her so she could be reunited with her family that day. Nowadays hospitals do not admit people like they use to do. Even surgeries that use to put a patient in the hospital for a week or more is now done as an outpatient.

Being heavily beaten is very traumatic even if there are no broken bones. The emotional scars from being severely beaten is what is the most traumatic. I know, I have sustained both type of injuries from my ex-husband.

Thanks as always, for your thoughtful and insightful posts OBE.

Love when you get involved!

Thanks so much. I know you know.

I respectfully disagree. If anyone can assess someone who has been heavily battered it is police officers who unfortunately deal with it and see it on a regular basis. They also have cameras in their police cars for this very type of crime documenting the severity of the battery the victims sustained. They testify in court by testifying to what they observed concerning the victim's physical condition and their emotional condition. I totally believe the CHP officer saw a woman who had been heavily battered when he saw Sherri.

Police officers carry excellent flashlights and they also have lights inside of their police cars. It wasn't like they were out there with no way to see clearly someone's injuries. She could have been beaten horrifically and still would be released from the hospital if she was fortunate enough to not have any broken bones or damage to any of her organs.

We do know she was battered severely enough that she was treated at an undisclosed hospital. We do not know how long she was there and what was done during that time. What we do NOT know are the areas she sustained battering injuries. I can only guess, but I would think the injuries she sustained left her with black and blue bruises and maybe even contusions in the area of her head/face and arms but they could cover other areas as well.

"The California Highway Patrol was created in 1929 to provide uniform traffic law enforcement throughout the state. Assuring the safe, convenient and efficient transportation of people and goods on our highway system is still our primary purpose." (Source.)

A lot of assumptions being made here.

In one article her dad said she had a doctors appointment (maybe next day?). I feel if she looked "beat up" (dirty, disheveled) that could pass as battered especially when you factor in being tied up. Also battered could mean limping, and or bruised... it is rather subjective. <modsnip>

Some people may think that the family wants to be left alone.

But I'm sure that they want the 2 female latino abducters and whomever else caught as well.

Right?

I wonder the odds of someone getting abducted for a really large ransom a second time. If someone is abducted and there's been a reverse ransom offer for $10,000, that's one thing, but $100,000 would be another.

Since most of the area is well-aware of SP's reported abduction and release and the reverse ransom offer, what are the odds someone will target her now, knowing the pay-off is high? I wonder how long they'd wait before deciding the original abductors didn't get caught, so we won't either. I fear the incentive to abduct her has now been planted in some individuals or gangs that would have never even known she existed before this incident.

"The California Highway Patrol was created in 1929 to provide uniform traffic law enforcement throughout the state. Assuring the safe, convenient and efficient transportation of people and goods on our highway system is still our primary purpose." (Source.)

<modsnip>

<modsnip> Your quote about the CHP has me confused.

I thought I read that as well. Which makes me wonder... Was there ever a statement issued that there was no activity on her credit cards and/or bank accounts? That's pretty standard. Could there have been activity (either captor or her using her cards), and that's what led them to call off the search so fast and focus on other areas?

Of course, I easily could have missed it, I've been running about 3 threads behind. &#62985;

There was no statement issued about credit card activity, etc.

I found it quite notable that the family said that they felt she had been taken out of the area, and then it turns out she had, in fact, been taken out of the area.

Just a good guess? Or did they know something, perhaps something told to them by LE. Been wondering about bank cards and the like as well, although their use doesn't really prove she left the area.

My point was simply this:

Sometimes a case appears here that challenges everything WE think we know, based on stats, profiles or whatever. It DOES happen. For whatever reason I thought of the girl in the UK today where she went missing and it was her putrid step-brother that killed her. Forgive me for not remembering her name right now.

All I know it is this: My heart goes out to Sherri, her hubby, her kids, and those who love her.

LE will sort all of this out. They always do.
My point was simply I do not believe she was raped. If it turns out she was, I'll upload a video to youtube of me eating my pink Puma California's since crows are hard to find in my part of Los Angeles. :blushing:

Everyone gets their opinion here, and that is mine. But we don't know and probably will never with the way LE is playing this. My heart goes out to Sherri's children as well, and I hope they can heal from this and go forward without fear of everything that bumps in the night (or day). I hope Sherri and her husband find peace and that together the family can overcome this. Whatever "this" is.

Happy Holidays, love, and thank you for your thoughtful response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper