GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in the legal issues surrounding her extensive time in therapy. Did SP continue her charade during therapy?

Interesting post above regarding counseling services. Usually the person who recommends additional services is not the same person who is providing the services, conflict of interest, basically writing yourself checks.

This would be an interesting case study for counseling and ethics. Not unlike Tarasoff, also a California case.
Tarasoff v. Regents of the University of California - Wikipedia

While it doesn't have the same background, it does have ethics issues regarding counseling and reporting issues. This maybe the most important part of this case.

It seems to me that the SP's former co-worker at AT&T store did not read the Complaint! Co-worker seems to think that SP faked the abduction for love and/or to be with Reyes!

Not once did I think SP did this just to spend 22 days alone with her former boyfriend in Costa Mesa. A divorce would have been a much easier method to accomplish what the pal alleges here.

“We are all so quick to judge but everybody makes mistakes,” said Travis, who worked with Papini at a local AT&T store.

“She obviously made a huge mistake but she followed her heart and did what she thought she had to do to be with someone that loved her and she loved back. That’s not an easy thing to find in this world.”

It seems to me that the SP's former co-worker at AT&T store did not read the Complaint! Co-worker seems to think that SP faked the abduction for love and/or to be with Reyes!

Not once did I think SP did this just to spend 22 days alone with her former boyfriend in Costa Mesa. A divorce would have been a much easier method to accomplish what the pal alleges here.

“We are all so quick to judge but everybody makes mistakes,” said Travis, who worked with Papini at a local AT&T store.

“She obviously made a huge mistake but she followed her heart and did what she thought she had to do to be with someone that loved her and she loved back. That’s not an easy thing to find in this world.”

I had to laugh at that. I wonder if they're single lol

''Authorities said it appears her husband Keith, and an unnamed ex-boyfriend, were at least aware of her ruse.''

I wonder at what point her husband knew.

I suspect her husband knew sometime pretty early on but after she returned. In the interviews I saw of him he seemed worried and upset but then the followup interview I saw on Dateline (or whichever of those shows) she had returned but didn't appear. The interviewer asked him some pretty easy questions about her ordeal and happy to have her back etc but I remember at the time thinking he seemed confused and unsure. I think at that point he knew what had really happened and was trying to figure out how to deal with it.

''Authorities said it appears her husband Keith, and an unnamed ex-boyfriend, were at least aware of her ruse.''

I wonder at what point her husband knew.
I don't think this comes as a surprise -- the grand jury will decide whether other charges are warranted and whether to indict the former fiance (Reyes) or the husband.

More charges in Sherri Papini's alleged kidnapping hoax

March 7, 2022

Neither Reyes nor Papini’s husband, Keith, have been charged, but investigators don’t believe the “super mom” of two acted alone, Shasta County Sheriff Michael Johnson told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Monday.

“I certainly wouldn’t be surprised,” Johnson said when asked of potential new charges against Papini or anyone else close to the case. “I wouldn’t necessarily say I suspect it. It’s gonna go to the grand jury, they’ll dole out the indictments that they feel is appropriate. But I certainly wouldn’t be surprised, ‘cause she didn’t pull it off by herself and there’s other people involved.”

Johnson didn’t elaborate further, but said Papini’s “narcissist behavior” and “calculated deception” led authorities on numerous unnecessary searches, diverting attention from real emergencies.

Wasn't a sister or SIL pregnant when SP pulled this nonsense? You have to wonder if she was jealous of the attention a pregnant family member was getting and decided to put the focus back on herself. I'm certain we discussed this at some point back then, but when you look back now and take in the whole picture, it makes perfect sense.
EXCELLENT thought. the person like this who affects my life is my step kids mother. the lies, the attn seeking. she legit went out and got pregnant from some rando when she found out i was, and then told everyone that her married sister in law got pregnant because she did.

I really hope they throw the book at her. She is an emotional menace to everyone she comes in contact with. This will not be the end of Sherri's Shenanigans. If she ever admits this, a very big if, imo, we'll hear another drama and more fantastical lies with Sherri as the brave heroine. I think she deserves jail time, and I think she needs to pay back all the money spent on searches for her, and that gimme money fund. Perhaps part of her sentence could be racial awareness training as well.

Never happen, but I can hope.

moo

I really hope they throw the book at her. She is an emotional menace to everyone she comes in contact with. This will not be the end of Sherri's Shenanigans. If she ever admits this, a very big if, imo, we'll hear another drama and more fantastical lies with Sherri as the brave heroine. I think she deserves jail time, and I think she needs to pay back all the money spent on searches for her, and that gimme money fund. Perhaps part of her sentence could be racial awareness training as well.

Never happen, but I can hope.

moo
Sherri's Shenanigans will have to be the name of her biography. ;)

JMO MOO

I suspect her husband knew sometime pretty early on but after she returned. In the interviews I saw of him he seemed worried and upset but then the followup interview I saw on Dateline (or whichever of those shows) she had returned but didn't appear. The interviewer asked him some pretty easy questions about her ordeal and happy to have her back etc but I remember at the time thinking he seemed confused and unsure. I think at that point he knew what had really happened and was trying to figure out how to deal with it.
Here's what's so 'off' about his account of what happened the day she went missing---He claims he came home from work and Sherri and the kids were not there to greet him. He used the Find My Phone app, assuming she would be where ever the phone was. The location given was by their mailbox about a mile away. He said he drove there and didn't see Sherri or the kids. So he called his mom and asked if she had seen them. Then he called the daycare to ask what time she had picked up the kids .

It never crossed his mind to call HER to find out where she was at? He never said he ever tried calling her. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly