GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betrayal breeds divorce so no surprise here, but I also suspect that divorce serves an additional, legal purpose -- separating assets to protect home and resources from SP's fine. She's likely bankrupt but her children shouldn't be.

JMO

Who's going to sell their story to the highest bidder? The husband or her family? Someone will capitalize off of this.

This case drove me nuts when she "disappeared", my first time out and I left WS for several years because of it. We all knew something was amiss with the fantastical disappearance and miraculous Thanksgiving Day return!! I'm glad the truth is out and and can't wait to see what her sentence is going to be. I think it's going to be hard for her behind bars, regardless of if it's months or years. She insulted a lot of people with her fake stories.

I hope her husband gets some therapy for both himself and the kids and gets far away with them. I can see this being a real dumpster fire because it's Sherry. The drama and victim potential is endless. If the divorce is strictly to protect assets, shame on them both.

MOO

I hope her husband gets some therapy for both himself and the kids and gets far away with them. I can see this being a real dumpster fire because it's Sherry. The drama and victim potential is endless. If the divorce is strictly to protect assets, shame on them both.

MOO

I think rather, it's good legal advice (if that's what this is) to separate from her, divorcing assets due the family, for the stability of the children and remaining parent. They shouldn't suffer because of the criminal theatrics of the mother.

She alone owes the debt to society.

She stole from real victims.

She stole from real people with real disabilities.

I agree with you -- the husband ans children should stay as far away from her as the law will allow --

JMO

MOO
Perhaps husband is filing for divorce in best interests of the children?

I wish him and the children well. I can't fault him for filing for divorce. That guilty plea acknowledged in a very very public way that he had been deceived and cuckolded by his mate. Now he and their children must deal with the fallout from that. That can't be an easy position to be in.

I can't imagine having her for a mother! She's probably competed for the family attention their entire lives. She should be a psychological case study, imo.

Are their children still minors?

Portanova described his client’s case to the AP as “a very complicated mental health situation, but one that has to be confronted and dealt with — and that includes admission and acceptance and punishment.” The attorney admitted he still has a difficult time figuring out why Papini faked her own kidnapping.

“Honestly, I don’t know if anybody does,” he said. “I don’t know if she knows.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/13/sherri-papini-fake-kidnapping-hoax-california/
IMO Papini’s lawyer’s statement should dictate that any visitation she has with her children in the future be closely supervised. She’s unpredictable and therefore not safe to be around. MOO

Sherri Papini Admits She Faked Her Kidnapping

Papini — who received over $30,000 in victim assistance and nearly $128,000 in disability benefits related to the kidnapping — now owes more than $300,000 in restitution as mandated by a plea deal she has signed. As part of the deal, prosecutors agreed to recommend a shortened sentence of 14 months, though Papini could still face more jail time. Her sentencing will take place in July. ^^bbm

I'd really like to see SP charged in her state court for fraud where I do not believe double jeopardy applies.

14 months in club-fed is nothing for a person like SP-- and I don't think it will deter her from re-offending. MOO

I wish him and the children well. I can't fault him for filing for divorce. That guilty plea acknowledged in a very very public way that he had been deceived and cuckolded by his mate. Now he and their children must deal with the fallout from that. That can't be an easy position to be in.

I can't fault him either.

I'm recalling a post from long ago about how a vow for richer, for poorer, and in sickness and health, does not imply for felon!

IIRC (and I may be wrong), the husband was on national TV pushing the abduction/torture hypothesis after the Thanksgiving miracle, which he predicted.
The prediction indicates he was contacted by SP and/or the lover saying that the drop was going to happen - so he was in communication.
If true, post delivery, he went on national TV to push the abduction/torture hypothesis when he knew it was wrong.

Unlike the husband, I'm willing to admit I'm wrong, but can someone here disabuse me of my thinking?

Regarding the bankrupt and divorced SP, I imagine she'll be living with her parents/siblings who will be looking out with eagle eye for further b.s.
In the words of Pete Townshend, they "won't get fooled again" and they'll be clamping down pretty hard, I'd imagine.

New on Dateline NBC: "The Curious Case of Sherri Papini"
on now, 8pm mt.

Keith Morrison, my favorite.

"Insiders discuss the Sherri Papini case."
Interview with the parents of Tara Smith, the 16 year old girl who went missing from SP's high school.
One of the sheriff's detectives said that when they found SP, she said LE was involved in her abduction. She wouldn't talk to LE at first, so KP had to interview her.
IMO: a lot about SP reminds me of Jodi Arias. The deception, the grifting, the "I am the victim"
SP told LE that the abductors told her that her "buyer" was a "cop."

Last edited:
"The Papinis have two children, ages 9 and 7 and Keith Papini is requesting sole custody of them. He wrote that his wife is staying with a relative in Chico and has not seen the children since April 4. He said she had missed one scheduled visitation."

Read more at: https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article260660012.html#storylink=cpy

This makes me so sad for the children. Not only did she deliberately abandon and traumatise them in 2016, but she maintained the ruse for five years that she'd been kidnapped and brutally tortured by scary Mexicans, and now she can't even be bothered making the effort to see them on a scheduled visit. I hope KP gets full custody.

New on Dateline NBC: "The Curious Case of Sherri Papini"
on now, 8pm mt.

Keith Morrison, my favorite.

"Insiders discuss the Sherri Papini case."
Interview with the parents of Tara Smith, the 16 year old girl who went missing from SP's high school.
One of the sheriff's detectives said that when they found SP, she said LE was involved in her abduction. She wouldn't talk to LE at first, so KP had to interview her.
IMO: a lot about SP reminds me of Jodi Arias. The deception, the grifting, the "I am the victim"
SP told LE that the abductors told her that her "buyer" was a "cop."

Definitely a lot of new information, including the fact that Sherri made Reyes shoot hockey pucks at her shins and tried to get him to hit her in the face with a hockey stick but he just couldn't do it, so he held out the hockey stick and she ran her face into it. Wow!

It was great to hear from investigators directly as well.

The one thing they didn't get to was that whole weird reverse ransom thing with some international kidnapping expert...was he involved or a victim too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay