GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After watching investigators speak to Keith, alone, at the VERY end, I think he believed her until the interrogation. I don't think he was a participant in her disappearance. JMO.
Yeah, I think Keith was bamboozled just like everyone else.

At about @41:00 when detectives tell her James' name she put on quite the act. I'm convinced she planned to try and pin her (non) abduction on him somehow but in the end the detectives were smarter than her, plain and simple.

"Noooooo, not James!" "There's no way, no way!" Why? asks the detective. Sherri responds "Because we were friends." If that isn't an attempt to pin a crime on some poor schlub who had the hots for her I'll eat 100 tortillas.

BTW I'm watching the ABC10 link in case my timestamps are different than L & C.

I gave KP props before, for hanging in there while listening to all of those pathetic lies.
Then he talks so matter-of-factly with the detectives when alone with the detectives.

Upon further reflection, I feel like I need to return to my original hypothesis that he knew more about this than we know.
Maybe little was a surprise to him in that interview.
I think he even said toward the end that he has James' phone number. (I'd have to go back and listen again to be sure).

For hanging in as long as he did, Keith sure was ready to cut and run when the detectives put it all together for them. I do wish there was a transcript, I missed a lot with the sobbing and Sherri holding her hands over her mouth.

I think back to all of the other things that she did to her family in the past, yet they all defended her. Did she think she could just get away for a few weeks and then tell her husband some crazy story? Or did she think she could somehow become Instafamous and a celebrity when her kidnaping was over? Big cast of characters on this one, I don’t know what to think.

I gave KP props before, for hanging in there while listening to all of those pathetic lies.
Then he talks so matter-of-factly with the detectives when alone with the detectives.

Upon further reflection, I feel like I need to return to my original hypothesis that he knew more about this than we know.
Maybe little was a surprise to him in that interview.
I think he even said toward the end that he has James' phone number. (I'd have to go back and listen again to be sure).
Again, I've not watched the full interrogation video including KP but going back 4 plus years ago, I recall thinking how KP immediately started paying down debt with money being raised. Like he couldn't spend it fast enough and where it was like every credit card they owned was maxed out. And when SP came home, he deposited the balance of the free funds into her account. It was odd if not alarming to me. Nonetheless, I do think SP worked her scheme solo. MOO

Again, I've not watched the full interrogation video including KP but going back 4 plus years ago, I recall thinking how KP immediately started paying down debt with money being raised. Like he couldn't spend it fast enough and where it was like every credit card they owned was maxed out. And when SP came home, he deposited the balance of the free funds into her account. It was odd if not alarming to me. Nonetheless, I do think SP worked her scheme solo. MOO

I recall thinking at the time (maybe even posted here, not sure) that he might have been thinking along the lines of well, if we just pay off all the bills with this money that came in, it's one less stress to deal with while we recover as a family, from this trauma. I'm not sure, but I think that's probably what I might think, if I were in his shoes.

I don't really know why I feel like defending him but somehow I do, lol. Maybe it's because I despise her so much, for exploiting REAL victims, and for her sickening racism, and the damage she caused to Keith, the kids, and the rest of her family.

jmo

This video is 1 hour and 25 minutes. The one posted yesterday on Law and Crime and other networks (30 mins to 50 mins) is the second half of THIS longer video. This first part of the interview is incredible to watch and it mirrors exactly what the March 2022 affidavit described. Keith is nearly jumping for joy that they seem to have found the house she was "held captive" in. With each picture presented to both Keith and Sherri, she sees pieces of the rooms she stayed at whilst on vacation at her ex's house, but it's all just kinda too foggy and it looks kinda like what she remembers but in other ways, not really. "I guess it's just been so long." Remember, because she wouldn't talk to the police after she got home (because, remember, an officer wanted to "buy" her), Keith elicited details from her in the ensuing days, months, years. In this video, the FBI agent produces certain pictures with those exact details she had described to Keith privately, which he then brought to the authorities to help them find her captors. From the first photo she sees, she is fully aware that this is her ex's house, yet she is still putting on the act. She can't confirm anything she sees because then that means they know where she really was and she can't deny the similarities because it's the same room, same closet, same table, same window, same everything she told Keith all about. But imagine. Keith is watching this unfold thinking they finally found the bad guys. The pieces are coming together. The people who terrorized your wife and destroyed your world are about to pay. All you gotta do is just agree that these pictures look somewhat similar to what you told me, Sherri, and they'll be on their way to making an arrest. We're so close to getting our life back. Our sense of safety. Our future. We can put this behind us. We can breathe again.

And BAM.

This video is 1 hour and 25 minutes. The one posted yesterday on Law and Crime and other networks (30 mins to 50 mins) is the second half of THIS longer video. This first part of the interview is incredible to watch and it mirrors exactly what the March 2022 affidavit described. Keith is nearly jumping for joy that they seem to have found the house she was "held captive" in. With each picture presented to both Keith and Sherri, she sees pieces of the rooms she stayed at whilst on vacation at her ex's house, but it's all just kinda too foggy and it looks kinda like what she remembers but in other ways, not really. "I guess it's just been so long." Remember, because she wouldn't talk to the police after she got home (because, remember, an officer wanted to "buy" her), Keith elicited details from her in the ensuing days, months, years. In this video, the FBI agent produces certain pictures with those exact details she had described to Keith privately, which he then brought to the authorities to help them find her captors. From the first photo she sees, she is fully aware that this is her ex's house, yet she is still putting on the act. She can't confirm anything she sees because then that means they know where she really was and she can't deny the similarities because it's the same room, same closet, same table, same window, same everything she told Keith all about. But imagine. Keith is watching this unfold thinking they finally found the bad guys. The pieces are coming together. The people who terrorized your wife and destroyed your world are about to pay. All you gotta do is just agree that these pictures look somewhat similar to what you told me, Sherri, and they'll be on their way to making an arrest. We're so close to getting our life back. Our sense of safety. Our future. We can put this behind us. We can breathe again.

And BAM.

I'll give it a watch after dinner.

I recall thinking at the time (maybe even posted here, not sure) that he might have been thinking along the lines of well, if we just pay off all the bills with this money that came in, it's one less stress to deal with while we recover as a family, from this trauma. I'm not sure, but I think that's probably what I might think, if I were in his shoes.

I don't really know why I feel like defending him but somehow I do, lol. Maybe it's because I despise her so much, for exploiting REAL victims, and for her sickening racism, and the damage she caused to Keith, the kids, and the rest of her family.

jmo
This is kind of where I am as well.

I just saw where the video I watched was the Part 2. I HAVE to watch Part 1! I’ll be back! Lol

And BAM.

Thanks for posting this. I’m only a few minutes in and I’m already sad for KP. He seems so excited to be close to solving this, and just from the first few minutes alone I get the impression he’s fairly naive, or as someone upthread said, simple. My heart is breaking for him. And I am seething at SP.

Cripes, she acts like a toddler in the later part of the interview when she breaks down. It's like saying to a three year old: "Did you take daddy's shaving cream and play with it?" "I don't know." IOW it's an infantile response. Sherri even makes her voice sound child like. I daresay she's spent her life getting away with bad behavior by using her size and voice.

Not this time Sherri.

jmo
Thanks, @Ontario Mom for your reply-- and where I agree this was probably KP's mindset.

On the other hand, I'm laughing at myself because I obviously still have my late father whispering in my ear that there is no such thing as a "free lunch" or you don't "get something for nothing," and where I'd probably insist we wait for 12+months minimum before drawing from any gift monies just in the case the money was requsted returned! ;)

Thanks for posting this. I’m only a few minutes in and I’m already sad for KP. He seems so excited to be close to solving this, and just from the first few minutes alone I get the impression he’s fairly naive, or as someone upthread said, simple. My heart is breaking for him. And I am seething at SP.
I am only a few minutes in too and she's still trying to play the role. I really pray that Keith runs from her while he has the chance. She makes me livid!!

SP is sick, she was never a victim. She made victims out of everyone around her, including her innocent children. I'm so sick of watching her dramatic over acting.

If I were KP, I'd take my children and run as far away from her as I could get. She is never going to change, she only knows drama and she absolutely thrives on it.

MOO

Towards the end of the video the detectives come back into the room with Keith but not Sherri. Keith says "I'm the idiot husband who stayed around the whole time" and laughs a tiny laugh. Poor guy. It must be awful to discover that the person you married was not who you thought. :(

The long version was by far the best at witnessing Sherri’s deceit. She thought she could just charm the pants off of these detectives and skate away as usual.
Laughing, crying, cracking jokes, acting pitiful, hugging herself, acting like she loves her husband and her kids, saying James loves her, she covered it all.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back