GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This whole case is so weird!
I want to hear more about that "whole weird ransom thing" too! Why did he get involved with this particular case?

Same! I'd love to know how much he knew about what was really happening. I feel like that aspect has been forgotten or brushed over, but I want to know more!

Reportedly, KP filed for divorce and custody of the couple’s two children, but they're scheduled to address custody issues at a court hearing on May 9.

Husband of Sherri Papini, woman who faked 2016 kidnapping, files for divorce and child custody | CNN

I hope he gets sole custody. I hope her visitation is kept closely supervised. I'm sure they still want to see her, but I definitely wouldn't trust her if she were my co-parent. And if the kids didn't want to see her that should be respected too. They probably do but I don't know, depending on how mature they are at their age they might feel betrayed. I really feel for the kids, it would be a lot for them to deal with.

The 9 symptoms of BPD
  • Fear of abandonment. People with BPD are often terrified of being abandoned or left alone. ...
  • Unstable relationships. ...
  • Unclear or shifting self-image. ...
  • Impulsive, self-destructive behaviors. ...
  • Self-harm. ...
  • Extreme emotional swings. ...
  • Chronic feelings of emptiness. ...
  • Explosive anger.
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) - HelpGuide.org

Borderline? Histrionic?
I think we can safely say she is cluster b of some flavor. Aspects of narcissistic and anti-social for sure. While self-harm is sometimes a symptom of borderline, the self-harm does not count if it was done simply in furtherance of a crime. That's anti-social and manipulative behavior. I haven't read about any other instances of self-harm in her history, so I'd let borderline go for now.

There is also the history of anti-social behavior by both her and her first husband in gaming the system for benefits. She got health insurance, he got increased pay to support a dependent. And the anti-social behavior of stealing her father's credit cards. And the anti-social behavior of threatening her mother with filing a false abuse report. Then we have her creative writing post where she describes single-handedly defeating a gang of latinos in physical combat and walking home on a broken leg. That is a narcissistic fantasy of being all-powerful. As is her tale of surviving kidnapping and torture at the hands of two assailants. Which is both narcissistic and anti-social.

With limited information, I'd go with Cluster B, Narcissistic and Anti-Social Features for now. Commonly found in prison populations. She might be a cute little blonde, but at the bottom of it she's just a common criminal. IMO

Thanks for linking the declaration by KP (attachment to Request for Order).

If nothing more, I think KP's declaration confirms my suspicion that SP's promise to make hundreds of thousands in restitution is just that -- a promise that's not worth any more than the ink on the pleading paper.

I haven't yet watched the Dateline episode, which perhaps has an answer to my question, but in the interim:

What is the issue with the home now occupied by KP and the children?
He says it was previously owned by the community and now he is renting there, but it is "not approved." He also states that he is asking for full ownership and possession of the residence and doesn't want conflict over this issue.

It's not owned by Sherri or her family if it was "community owned" previously. I can't imagine he'd be a squatter after all his family has been through and all the public attention to their situation.

Does KP have a lawyer? His document sounds heartfelt but is certainly not written in legalese, and in fact has some grammatical issues. NBD except that I thought lawyers file these types of documents, and his is certainly self-written.

Thanks for posting this, @MsMarple

@Arkay, attorneys are listed at the top of the document.

Re: use of the term "community." I expect that Cali is a community property state, and the term community means that the family of 4 lived there together.

We called Gitana a few posts back, I don't want to bother her again but will try @cvaldez1975 for an interpretation.

I like the straightforward language!

jmho ymmv lrr

How old are the kids? Who told them that Mommy lied to them? In my state, kids end up with an advocate in family court. I hope they have an advocate as well as therapists that can help with the process going forward. I feel badly for them. Not as bad for KP.

How old are the kids? Who told them that Mommy lied to them? In my state, kids end up with an advocate in family court. I hope they have an advocate as well as therapists that can help with the process going forward. I feel badly for them. Not as bad for KP.

Per my notes they are 7 & 9.

I have confidence that, if KP can achieve a stable environment for the kids, that they will be fine. It's not uncommon for a parent to lie to the kids and spouse. Perhaps, more common a behavior than complete honesty. If KP is innocent of conspiracy, he'll do fine. More power to him. He just has to man up and dedicate his life to those kids for the next decade or so. (not the deal he signed up for, but still not unusual given a cheating wife with mental illness. If only we could turn back time).

He says it was previously owned by the community and now he is renting there, but it is "not approved." He also states that he is asking for full ownership and possession of the residence and doesn't want conflict over this issue.
^^ rsbbm

This is incorrect. The declaration by KP referenced by OP states that he is requesting exclusive possession and control of the rental property previously occupied -- not owned by the community (i.e., the couple).

I trust this correction clears up any questions.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21716869/papini-divorce-filing.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back