GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think we can safely say she is cluster b of some flavor. Aspects of narcissistic and anti-social for sure. While self-harm is sometimes a symptom of borderline, the self-harm does not count if it was done simply in furtherance of a crime. That's anti-social and manipulative behavior. I haven't read about any other instances of self-harm in her history, so I'd let borderline go for now.

There is also the history of anti-social behavior by both her and her first husband in gaming the system for benefits. She got health insurance, he got increased pay to support a dependent. And the anti-social behavior of stealing her father's credit cards. And the anti-social behavior of threatening her mother with filing a false abuse report. Then we have her creative writing post where she describes single-handedly defeating a gang of latinos in physical combat and walking home on a broken leg. That is a narcissistic fantasy of being all-powerful. As is her tale of surviving kidnapping and torture at the hands of two assailants. Which is both narcissistic and anti-social.

With limited information, I'd go with Cluster B, Narcissistic and Anti-Social Features for now. Commonly found in prison populations. She might be a cute little blonde, but at the bottom of it she's just a common criminal. IMO

I had no idea that her actions would fall under the ‘anti-social’ category. Very interesting. Are introvert and anti-social two different profiles?

I had no idea that her actions would fall under the ‘anti-social’ category. Very interesting. Are introvert and anti-social two different profiles?

An introvert is just a person who recharges their social battery by spending time alone. It doesn't mean shyness, or not wanting to ever be with people, or being 'anti-social' in the everyday sense of the word, because you can be an introvert and also be a social butterfly! Anti-social in psychological terms means more that you're anti society, for want of a better way to say it, not that you leave parties early. Antisocial personality disorder - Symptoms and causes

I watched a Papini Dateline yesterday; not sure if it is the latest one.

Listening to the investigators describe her condition when she was found (emaciated, covered with old and new bruises, scabbed over brand, hair chopped off) was shocking to me. That's extreme self harm in furtherance of a bizarre, self-generated narrative.

A lawyer with extensive experience as a public defender (but no direct connection to the Papini case) who was interviewed thought that Papini was mentally ill. She described a psychiatric condition where the person creates a scenario and then comes to believe that it is literally true. If anyone caught the term that she used, please share.

I won't discount that being a striking blond and beautiful in a wholesome way has allowed her to skate on a lot of literal crazy throughout her life. May she receive good psychiatric care because she's a mom, she lives among us and she can create a LOT of chaos if left untreated.

I join y'all in hoping the children are sheltered in every way possible. There was footage on Dateline of Papini entering/leaving somewhere related to a hearing or arrest. The small press gaggle was savage, extremely aggressive in pushing, shoving, yelling. I'd absolutely hate for that to be directed at children or for them to even see that directed at their mom.

Last edited:
Yes, introvert and antisocial are two different things. Here is the diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality disorder:

A. Disregard for and violation of others rights since age 15, as indicated by one of the seven sub features:

1. Failure to obey laws and norms by engaging in behavior which results in criminal arrest, or would warrant criminal arrest
  2. Lying, deception, and manipulation, for profit or self-amusement,
  3. Impulsive behavior
  4. Irritability and aggression, manifested as frequently assaults others, or engages in fighting
  5. Blatantly disregards safety of self and others,
  6. A pattern of irresponsibility and
  7. Lack of remorse for actions (American Psychiatric Association, 2013)
The other diagnostic Criterion are:

B. The person is at least age 18,

C. Conduct disorder was present by history before age 15

D. and the antisocial behavior does not occur in the context of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013)
Antisocial Personality Disorder DSM-5 301.7 (F60.2) - Therapedia

Definition of introvert:

Definition of introvert
(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : a person whose personality is characterized by introversion : a typically reserved or quiet person who tends to be introspective and enjoys spending time alone … introverts gain energy through solitude and quiet.— Bill Howatt His research further shows that about 70% of top executives are introverts.— Linda Grant Bill Gates is quiet and bookish, but apparently unfazed by others' opinions of him: he's an introvert, but not shy.— Steven Aitchison
Note: Introverts are typically more comfortable interacting with small groups of people rather than large groups (as at parties). The psychologist Carl Gustav Jung first introduced the terms introvert, introversion, extrovert, and extroversion in the early 1900s to describe personality types that focus a person's energy on either the inner or outer world. The terms introvert and extrovert have since become widely popularized, with introvert often broadly used to mean "a quiet or shy person."
Definition of INTROVERT

We need to ask our wonderful lawyer, @gitana1 about the procedure the courts usually follow, concerning supervised visits in the case of an incarcerated parent in California.

@gitana1, when you have a moment, would you kindly give an overview of how this works?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. It’s up to the judge and the parties.
There are two types of custody in CA- legal and physical. Legal has to do with decisions like medical/educational regarding the kids and who gets to make those decisions.

Physical has to do with where the kids live, primarily.

Sole legal is more rare these days as the courts want both parents to make decisions regarding the children. Sole physical is also a bit more rare now and mostly has to do with whether a parent who has the children most of the time, can easily move far away, or not. With joint physical custody- which is very generally, parents sharing time either equally or up to about 65/35% split- it’s harder for a parent to move out of state with the kids or far within state. With sole physical custody it’s easier.

If one parent has sole physical custody, that doesn’t mean the other has no court-ordered time with the kids. Visitation, which we tend to call “parenting time” now, with the non-custodial parent, can be supervised by a professional or a relative, can be “reasonable visitation” which tends to be what the custodial parent determines, and/or can be set times including things like every other weekend, mid week visits, half the summer, etc.

When it comes to an incarcerated parent, the best interests of the children is what rules. It’s a legal concept that the judge interprets and each side argues why what they request is in the kids’ best interest.

What can go into that equation is:
1. The age of the child.
2. Will the child be traumatized by prison visits?
3. The relationship between incarcerated parent and child.
4. The accommodations for prison visits at the prison. What the environment is like there.
5. The desires of the child.
6. What the parent is in for.
7. Whether the parent is harmed the child.
8. The distance to prison, schedule of the child and cost of transporting the child.
9. Whether visitation has been ordered to be supervised. Then costs and logistics of having someone monitor the prison visits to make sure the parent is behaving properly during visits, is considered. Who pays for that?

I find prison visits to be rarely ordered. Same with phone calls.

If you’ve got an older child who is close with the parent and has not been harmed by them, it’s more likely to be ordered by the court against the other parent’s will.

An introvert is just a person who recharges their social battery by spending time alone. It doesn't mean shyness, or not wanting to ever be with people, or being 'anti-social' in the everyday sense of the word, because you can be an introvert and also be a social butterfly! Anti-social in psychological terms means more that you're anti society, for want of a better way to say it, not that you leave parties early. Antisocial personality disorder - Symptoms and causes

Thank you. I was just about to post this.

Her defenders sure are quiet lol. I remember people voraciously defending everything she did regardless how ridicuous it was.

I wish she faced hate crime charges for trying to get the community to target hispanics. Reminds me of Charles Stuart and how the community reacted to that

I listed to the Dateline episode via podcast today. I was surprised to hear the investigators say they were able to confirm the ex-boyfriend and SP did not have sex. That was the first time I’d heard that.

Another detail discussed in the episode that I found particularly interesting — the fact that SP mailed the guy a “care package” (of sorts) with a mapped out and detailed description of what she wanted him to do (e.g., ask a friend to rent a car in their name, only communicate via the burner phone she provided, arrive in the area and wait for her to call, etc) says A LOT about SP — as a person. It also tells us how much thought SP put into her fake kidnapping and how little she thought of her ex and his role in all of this.

I didn’t believe it was possible to find her more appalling than I already did, but I was proven wrong after listening to all of that.

(The Dateline episode also convinced me that Keith really believed SP until the FBI brought out the closet and coffee table photos from the ex-boyfriend’s apartment.)

Anti-social personality disorder is what we commonly call a "sociopath".
https://www.psycom.net/antisocial-personality-disorder/

Yes, introvert and antisocial are two different things. Here is the diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality disorder:

A. Disregard for and violation of others rights since age 15, as indicated by one of the seven sub features:

1. Failure to obey laws and norms by engaging in behavior which results in criminal arrest, or would warrant criminal arrest
  2. Lying, deception, and manipulation, for profit or self-amusement,
  3. Impulsive behavior
  4. Irritability and aggression, manifested as frequently assaults others, or engages in fighting
  5. Blatantly disregards safety of self and others,
  6. A pattern of irresponsibility and
  7. Lack of remorse for actions (American Psychiatric Association, 2013)
The other diagnostic Criterion are:

B. The person is at least age 18,

C. Conduct disorder was present by history before age 15

D. and the antisocial behavior does not occur in the context of schizophrenia or bipolar disorder (American Psychiatric Association, 2013)
Antisocial Personality Disorder DSM-5 301.7 (F60.2) - Therapedia

Definition of introvert:

Definition of introvert
(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : a person whose personality is characterized by introversion : a typically reserved or quiet person who tends to be introspective and enjoys spending time alone … introverts gain energy through solitude and quiet.— Bill Howatt His research further shows that about 70% of top executives are introverts.— Linda Grant Bill Gates is quiet and bookish, but apparently unfazed by others' opinions of him: he's an introvert, but not shy.— Steven Aitchison
Note: Introverts are typically more comfortable interacting with small groups of people rather than large groups (as at parties). The psychologist Carl Gustav Jung first introduced the terms introvert, introversion, extrovert, and extroversion in the early 1900s to describe personality types that focus a person's energy on either the inner or outer world. The terms introvert and extrovert have since become widely popularized, with introvert often broadly used to mean "a quiet or shy person."
Definition of INTROVERT

Thanks to each of you for the information. Seems like the Anti’s have repressed anger at the world and everyone in it.

I listed to the Dateline episode via podcast today. I was surprised to hear the investigators say they were able to confirm the ex-boyfriend and SP did not have sex. That was the first time I’d heard that.

Another detail discussed in the episode that I found particularly interesting — the fact that SP mailed the guy a “care package” (of sorts) with a mapped out and detailed description of what she wanted him to do (e.g., ask a friend to rent a car in their name, only communicate via the burner phone she provided, arrive in the area and wait for her to call, etc) says A LOT about SP — as a person. It also tells us how much thought SP put into her fake kidnapping and how little she thought of her ex and his role in all of this.

I didn’t believe it was possible to find her more appalling than I already did, but I was proven wrong after listening to all of that.

(The Dateline episode also convinced me that Keith really believed SP until the FBI brought out the closet and coffee table photos from the ex-boyfriend’s apartment.)

Do you know what the last day is that they were together, living at the house with the children?

I watched a Papini Dateline yesterday; not sure if it is the latest one.

Listening to the investigators describe her condition when she was found (emaciated, covered with old and new bruises, scabbed over brand, hair chopped off) was shocking to me. That's extreme self harm in furtherance of a bizarre, self-generated narrative.

A lawyer with extensive experience as a public defender (but no direct connection to the Papini case) who was interviewed thought that Papini was mentally ill. She described a psychiatric condition where the person creates a scenario and then comes to believe that it is literally true. If anyone caught the term that she used, please share.

I won't discount that being a striking blond and beautiful in a wholesome way has allowed her to skate on a lot of literal crazy throughout her life. May she receive good psychiatric care because she's a mom, she lives among us and she can create a LOT of chaos if left untreated.

I join y'all in hoping the children are sheltered in every way possible. There was footage on Dateline of Papini entering/leaving somewhere related to a hearing or arrest. The small press gaggle was savage, extremely aggressive in pushing, shoving, yelling. I'd absolutely hate for that to be directed at children or for them to even see that directed at their mom.

I wish you remembered the term used to describe her possible condition!

Good post but I disagree that she’s wholesome looking! She could have been. But to me there has been something unsettling about the way she looks, since the beginning. The poses and stuff I guess. The way she looks at the camera.

I'm under the impression that SP was living with her husband and children on the March date that she was arrested at the daycare.

According to the husband's declaration, SP never returned to the family home after being released from jail, and has been living in Chico with a relative.

https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21716869/papini-divorce-filing.pdf
Right. But from what I gathered from KP's declaration is that SP's approved residences do not include the family home. So she could not go back there even if she wanted to. She's on a short list by the feds and the family home is not on it. Part of the plea deal maybe?

It looks like KP is making a preemptive strike in family court that even if SP is cleared by the feds somehow to return home, he wants the family court itself to prevent it. Which is smart.

Right. But from what I gathered from KP's declaration is that SP's approved residences do not include the family home. So she could not go back there even if she wanted to. She's on a short list by the feds and the family home is not on it. Part of the plea deal maybe?

It looks like KP is making a preemptive strike in family court that even if SP is cleared by the feds somehow to return home, he wants the family court itself to prevent it. Which is smart.
IMO, it was not approved because KP did not want his wife to return to their home. Otherwise, the feds would not seek to ban you from your own home.

I really feel for KP. First of all he at last learns and believes that Sherri's disappearance was voluntary, and that all the harm was self-inflicted. That would be devastating in itself, with the obvious addition that ever since then (for 5 years!) her PTSD, etc has been faked. And then to learn that she had planned her disappearance for a year! While in contact with other men! It must have just broken his heart. He seems a really nice guy, and maybe he is working towards understanding and forgiving Sherri because of her "issues". But I for one am glad that he has said "No more!" He knows he can never trust her again, whatever she says, and that even the children need to be protected from her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back