GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Monday, May 9th:
*Divorce Hearing (re custody issues) (@ am PT) CA - Sherri Louise Papini (39) vs. Keith Papini.
4/20/22 Update: Keith Papini filed divorce papers on Wednesday, with a hearing set for 5/9/22 to discuss custody issues. The Papinis have two children, ages 9 & 7 & Keith Papini is requesting sole legal & sole custody of them. He wrote that his wife is staying with a relative in Chico & has not seen the children since April 4. He said she had missed one scheduled visitation." Papini, in his filing, said that his wife was "not acting in a rational manner." According to the divorce petition, the Papinis have been married since October 2009 & separated on March 3, 2022, the same day she was arrested on federal charges.

It is still Mothers Day here in Australia, which is a wonderful day for many. How sad it is when children need to be protected from their mother.
Mothers are not immune from being irresponsible and cruel vs., let's say...fathers.
This is a fact. No sympathy from me. I know people on this website understand this well.
American jurisprudence needs to catch up.

Sole custody! I am thrilled!
moo
Yes, per the husband's request on 4/15/22 but we don't know what SP asked for and what if any the decision by the Court. Custody issue was to be discussed at today's hearing.

So guessing we don't get to know "what"happened at the divorce hearing yesterday? Did KP get sole custody, etc. & for what he asked for?
Just want to keep my notes updated.

TIA! :)
Correct. Husband filed divorce petition less than a month ago and I doubt that SP has filed her response yet. The 5/9 hearing was set only to review custody issues after SP missed her supervised visitation since she was released from jail. I think the divorce proceedings will be on hold until SP is sentenced and her status known to the court. JMO

Correct. Husband filed divorce petition less than a month ago and I doubt that SP has filed her response yet. The 5/9 hearing was set only to review custody issues after SP missed her supervised visitation since she was released from jail. I think the divorce proceedings will be on hold until SP is sentenced and her status known to the court. JMO

Okay - thanks for that info.

Was KP given temporary sole custody? Imo he needs to be the one making all the parental decisions for the children at this time.
SP seemed very unstable then and at this time (from what I saw in pics at the courthouse) I hope there is help available for her but at this time my concern is the children.

Was KP given temporary sole custody? Imo he needs to be the one making all the parental decisions for the children at this time.
SP seemed very unstable then and at this time (from what I saw in pics at the courthouse) I hope there is help available for her but at this time my concern is the children.
I agree!

At this time, we only know that on 4/15/22, KP cited he wanted sole physical and sole legal custody of the two children, and visitation by SP, as he determined in their best interest. (Pg 1/3-- 4/15/22 plaintiff's declaration/divorce petition). KP further suggested that once SP was sentenced, the court would be in a better position to determine an appropriate permanent parenting arrangement. (Pg 3/3 plaintiff's declaration).

Since SP is said to be living with relatives in Chico, CA, and that she's missed any and all supervised visitation made available to her, I think it's fair to assume that KP has temporary sole physical and legal custody of their children. MOO

“According to divorce papers exclusively obtained by DailyMail.com, Keith wants to be handed all of their property, including exclusive use of their rented home in Redding, their three cars, a Ford Majestic motorhome and a Correct Craft Wakeboard boat.”

Three vehicles, a motor home and a boat?

“According to divorce papers exclusively obtained by DailyMail.com, Keith wants to be handed all of their property, including exclusive use of their rented home in Redding, their three cars, a Ford Majestic motorhome and a Correct Craft Wakeboard boat.”

Three vehicles, a motor home and a boat?
Her G*M and victim assistance money was apparently well-spent.

June 30, 2022

Sherri Papini, the Redding mom who faked her own kidnapping five years ago, will have to wait until September to find out if she is going to prison for lying to the FBI and defrauding government officials.

Papini, 39, was set to be in court on July 11 in U.S. District Court in Sacramento, but her attorney asked the judge in the case to postpone judgment and sentencing until Sept. 19.

June 30, 2022

Sherri Papini, the Redding mom who faked her own kidnapping five years ago, will have to wait until September to find out if she is going to prison for lying to the FBI and defrauding government officials.

Papini, 39, was set to be in court on July 11 in U.S. District Court in Sacramento, but her attorney asked the judge in the case to postpone judgment and sentencing until Sept. 19.
She's probably in some type of recovery center, imo. She needs help and I hope there is help out there for her. I feel for her family, they have to be traumitized over her actions.

Alison Sutton was driving northbound on Interstate 5 just before 4:40 a.m. She was with her daughter, Michelle, on their way from Southern California to visit relatives for Thanksgiving on the North Coast. Bleary-eyed and tired after driving non-stop along the flatlands of California’s Central Valley, Sutton was jolted by the sight of a woman practically standing in traffic.

“She had a piece of fabric. I don’t know what it was,” Sutton said. “But she had this piece of fabric that she was waving as she tried to flag somebody down. She had kind of this wild-eyed, frantic, desperate look in her eyes. It’s the look in her eyes that, like, stuck with me.” Sutton pulled over and called 911. A truck driver who also spotted Sherri Papini would pull over and wait with her until a California Highway Patrol Officer arrived.

The officer immediately radioed for help from Yolo County deputies. The officer urged them to go Code 3 — police dispatch lingo for turning on lights and sirens and speeding to a location as quickly as possible.
Dispatcher: “CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something.” Deputy: “Copy.” Dispatcher: “CHP is advising she is heavily battered, and it is confirmed kidnapping.” Deputy: “I just recognized the name. I’m going to give you a call.” Dispatcher: “CHP was advising they’re going to need CSI.”
More at link:

Alison Sutton was driving northbound on Interstate 5 just before 4:40 a.m. She was with her daughter, Michelle, on their way from Southern California to visit relatives for Thanksgiving on the North Coast. Bleary-eyed and tired after driving non-stop along the flatlands of California’s Central Valley, Sutton was jolted by the sight of a woman practically standing in traffic.

“She had a piece of fabric. I don’t know what it was,” Sutton said. “But she had this piece of fabric that she was waving as she tried to flag somebody down. She had kind of this wild-eyed, frantic, desperate look in her eyes. It’s the look in her eyes that, like, stuck with me.” Sutton pulled over and called 911. A truck driver who also spotted Sherri Papini would pull over and wait with her until a California Highway Patrol Officer arrived.

The officer immediately radioed for help from Yolo County deputies. The officer urged them to go Code 3 — police dispatch lingo for turning on lights and sirens and speeding to a location as quickly as possible.
Dispatcher: “CHP is on scene and advised that she is chained to something.” Deputy: “Copy.” Dispatcher: “CHP is advising she is heavily battered, and it is confirmed kidnapping.” Deputy: “I just recognized the name. I’m going to give you a call.” Dispatcher: “CHP was advising they’re going to need CSI.”
More at link:
i want to read this hoodwinked series but sac bee is paywalled -_- ETA yours opens! yay!

i want to read this hoodwinked series but sac bee is paywalled -_- ETA yours opens! yay!
I don’t understand cause it’s not for me. Here’s a portion:
1659115703783.jpeg
County Road 17 at the Interstate 5 overpass near the town of Yolo where Sherri Papini was found on Thanksgiving Day 2016.

Papini described how, while out jogging, two women abducted her at gunpoint and forced her into a dark-colored SUV. She saw that they had masks on before they wrapped something around her head to block her vision. She said she was groggy during the drive. She said she might have been hit with a stun gun or drugged. “I don’t remember a lot,” she told her husband. “I’m missing time.

The car smelled really bad. Like sewage. She stuck me with something. I kept falling asleep.” In that interview and in others that would follow with detectives, she described her abductors playing mariachi music while she was in the SUV. When they arrived at their destination, she said they kept her chained in a small room.

She was only unchained when they let her out to bathe. She wore either an adult diaper or used a bucket with kitty litter for a toilet. Her diet consisted of stale bread, beans, tortillas, leftover meat and apples. She said she was beaten when she looked at her captors. Papini was given the opportunity to take two showers during her 22-day captivity. She described taking the first shower at gunpoint under the supervision of both women.

She tried to engage the women. “Where am I? Why am I here?” Papini asked. Eventually, Papini described one of her captors saying, “We sell you,” and the other one adding, “Your buyer is a cop.”

When the younger woman got distracted by a comment from the older woman and lowered her gun, Papini said she slammed the younger woman’s head into a toilet. The women grabbed Papini and dragged her back into the bedroom by her hair. They forced her to drink a bitter substance and locked the door.

Papini also claimed to have fought back at other times. “I tried to get out the first time, and that’s when she branded me,” she told her husband in the initial recorded interview. She described how her abductors brought a table in, hit her back and tied her down. When they branded her, she said her skin made “a sizzling popping sound.” She offered limited descriptions of her captors, saying they wore face coverings including different colored bandannas and lace masks. One of the women, she said, had thin eyebrows and pierced ears. Her hair was long and curly. The other one, who was older, had straight black hair and thick eyebrows...
eta: oh darn, I should have read your post edit . Great that you could open.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611
Back