GUILTY CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, fake abduction Nov 2016, ARREST MAR 2022 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For any young (or not so young) guys out there who might feel similarly about their female friends, they should watch the detective interviews of Sheri with her husband next to her. You can actually see him, in real time, realizing he had been completely bamboozled. It's so painful to watch. But, major, major kudos to him -- he kept his cool and kept feeding her huge lengths of rope to hang herself. He may have still been in denial afterwards, but clearly the obvious was setting in, and it hurt. Sorry dude, you were played. An age-old lesson for us all.
Not only did she tell a tall tale, but to add more pain for her husband she told the
Guy she was with, that her husband abused her. You wonder how her ex will ever be able
To trust again.

There are enough fools out there: Young attractive women can attract enough of them. I was just reading an article about Sherri Pappini's husband filing for divorce and asking for custody of the two kids ( I expect he got custody)- he thought she was a goddess: he thought she was a wonderful person. He stated he is so traumatized, he just wants privacy so he can take care of his kids, who I am sure remain traumatized.
I hope he never has to deal with her again. For his sake I hope she just reinvents herself and starts her life over.
I suspect she’ll find someone else very, very soon as well if she hasn’t already.

Sherri Papini, 41, is under community confinement after she transferred from the satellite camp adjacent to the Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) Victorville Medium I to community confinement overseen by the Federal Bureau of Prisons' Sacramento Residential Reentry Management (RRM) Office.

The move out of prison and into community confinement happened Aug. 16, leaving Papini with two options: home confinement or a Residential Reentry Center, also known as a halfway house.

I have wondered what kind of mother she was to her kids. She's so clearly self absorbed. I can actually see her as the type mother that would use her kids to create drama and for attention. JMO

I hope he never has to deal with her again. For his sake I hope she just reinvents herself and starts her life over.
I suspect she’ll find someone else very, very soon as well if she hasn’t already.
I'm thinking he will have to deal with her because of the children. I would think he has full custody but how will it work as far as her being allowed to see the children?

I'm thinking he will have to deal with her because of the children. I would think he has full custody but how will it work as far as her being allowed to see the children?
I don’t know how it works in California but I think she’ll have to go to court at this point and change the orders so she can have visits - which would probably be supervised.
Maybe she won’t bother and just move on? It’s hard to know…

8/25/23

(FOX40.COM) — Sherri Papini, the Redding woman who was sentenced to 18 months in prison for faking her own kidnapping in 2016 so she could visit her former boyfriend was moved to a halfway home in Sacramento.

Papini, 41, had previously been serving her sentence at Federal Correctional Institution Victorville, a medium security federal prison in Southern California.

[..]

Papini is scheduled to be released on Oct. 29.

8/26/23

Papini, 41, was released last week, according to NBC affiliate KCRA of Sacramento. Online jail records show that she will be at a location overseen by the residential reentry management field office in Sacramento.

NBC News reached out to the office and the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Papini was sentenced to 18 months in prison in September after pleading guilty to two counts of a 35-count indictment, admitting to mail fraud and lying to a law enforcement officer. The charges didn’t stem from her faking her abduction but rather from the lies she continued to tell for years afterward.

from my notes:
Original Release date would have been 5/8/24. Federal inmates get credit for good behavior which shaves off about 15% of the sentence. Release date is 2/8/24.
7/19/23 Update: Projected release date is 11/28/23

But it could change...
That is the week after the anniversary of The Miracle of the Returning Thanksgiving Papini!

Papini has been reportedly released to a local Residential Reentry Center (community confinement center) in Sacramento managed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) Residential Reentry Management (RRM) field office.

Community confinement is a condition of probation or supervised release. According to the BOP’s RRM offices contract with residential reentry centers, they are also known as halfway houses, to assist those nearing release, according to the BOP’s official website.

There are 22 RRM offices nationwide, including the one in Sacramento, and the RRM staff monitor the local centers to ensure they provide the community-based services that will assist inmates in their reentry into society.

I have wondered what kind of mother she was to her kids. She's so clearly self absorbed. I can actually see her as the type mother that would use her kids to create drama and for attention. JMO
Yet in the 20/20 program with Matt Gutman and on all her Missing billboards they billed her as the "Supermom/Totmom". Nauseating. Her kids were props for her.

I don’t know how it works in California but I think she’ll have to go to court at this point and change the orders so she can have visits - which would probably be supervised.
Maybe she won’t bother and just move on? It’s hard to know…
Her kids may want to see her- no matter how gross she is, how self absorbed and all of that, children still want their mother and they will probably want to see her.

Her kids may want to see her- no matter how gross she is, how self absorbed and all of that, children still want their mother and they will probably want to see her.
DBM

Last edited:
Unfortunately her children will definitely want to see her, and so they should. It would be worse for them not to.
In my extended family there was a young girl whose mother was a shocker, and the daughter was regularly placed with a distant (very caring) relative. The mother had the habit of suddenly taking off with yet another man, leaving the poor girl behind in the house, sometimes with the dumped ex, sometimes on her own. This happened time and time again, especially during her daughter's early teens. But then several times she would ring up her daughter at the foster carer's and say "Oh sweetie, come and stay with me again". And the poor child would set off (often in the middle of the night) to wherever her useless mother was, even in another state.
The love of a child for their mother can't be under-estimated.

Unfortunately her children will definitely want to see her, and so they should. It would be worse for them not to.
In my extended family there was a young girl whose mother was a shocker, and the daughter was regularly placed with a distant (very caring) relative. The mother had the habit of suddenly taking off with yet another man, leaving the poor girl behind in the house, sometimes with the dumped ex, sometimes on her own. This happened time and time again, especially during her daughter's early teens. But then several times she would ring up her daughter at the foster carer's and say "Oh sweetie, come and stay with me again". And the poor child would set off (often in the middle of the night) to wherever her useless mother was, even in another state.
Absolute truth!

I don't think contact should be allowed, she has shown herself to be extremely unstable.

I don't think contact should be allowed, she has shown herself to be extremely unstable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jzouzie
Back