Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way to get a first hand look. Talk to you all later. Praying for Sierra Lamar, Hailey Dunn and Michelle Parker today.

IIRC- the school informed the mother via email very late in the day saying she had not attended any of her classes. When her mother got home at 6pm is when she reported her missing. Again, IIRC. I think the school dropped the ball on this as well. These families need to be advised no less then 30 minutes (if not sooner) after the 1st class starts. IMO

I don't know if that is feasible for a 30 minutes notice with high school students. It would take several full time employees to keep track of any student that is 30 minutes late to a class. imo. Elementary and middle school, YES. But high school would be a bigger problem. Teens are notoriously late and they also make decisions, like going to the library to study for a second period math test and skipping 1st period art class. It would be a nightmare to try and email or call every parent of a tardy or truant kid within a half an hour.

My kids school called us around 3 or 4 pm if they missed a class. And believe me, it was GREAT to have that info. lol

I don't know if that is feasible with high school students. It would take several full time employees to keep track of any student that is 30 minutes late to a class. imo. Elementary and middle school, YES. But high school would be a bigger problem. Teens are notoriously late and they also make decisions, like going to the library to study for a second period math test and skipping 1st period art class. It would be a nightmare to try and email or call every parent of a tardy or truant kid within a half an hour.

My kids school called us around 3 or 4 pm if they missed a class. And believe me, it was GREAT to have that info. lol

I have a co worker with kids in the Morgan Hill High School system different school however. And if their kids miss a clas they get a auto call or email but it could be late in afternoon.

It is a beautiful day here in Santa Clara County. The sun is shining. It is time to find Sierra.

LE is asking for the public's help. How refreshing!

I have a co worker with kids in the Morgan Hill High School system different school however. And if their kids miss a clas they get a auto call or email but it could be late in afternoon.

YES. That is what we got too. But not until late in the afternoon. We got a call to OUR cell phones, not the landline and an email.

I don't know if that is feasible with high school students. It would take several full time employees to keep track of any student that is 30 minutes late to a class. imo. Elementary and middle school, YES. But high school would be a bigger problem. Teens are notoriously late and they also make decisions, like going to the library to study for a second period math test and skipping 1st period art class. It would be a nightmare to try and email or call every parent of a tardy
My kids school called us around 3 or 4 pm if they missed a class. And believe me, it was GREAT to have that info. lol[/quote

we are the complete opposite, our schools are set up for an automated call if you child doesn't go to school. ( its not within 30 min though) but I would say it's sent by 9:30am and classes start at 7:40am. I think they type in the students ID # and then 1 mass call is made. We also can get in trouble as parents if we would make a habit of not calling our children off of school or late for school. You wouldn't believe what happened when they 1st set up this system, a mass call was made to ALL students in 1 school, talk about mass panic. Its been resolved though. We also get these kinds of calls for delays,changes in schedule, etc.

I don't know if that is feasible with high school students. It would take several full time employees to keep track of any student that is 30 minutes late to a class. imo. Elementary and middle school, YES. But high school would be a bigger problem. Teens are notoriously late and they also make decisions, like going to the library to study for a second period math test and skipping 1st period art class. It would be a nightmare to try and email or call every parent of a tardy or truant kid within a half an hour.

I attended a school with 5,000 girls and our parents were notified by 11:00am if we weren't there. That was in the 1960's too. So I don't see any excuse for these public schools nowadays with the technology that is available.

WTH? kids are notoriously late??? Are you kidding me?

Is there a camera on the school bus? I know it is common now.

I think this needs to be checked ASAP. It would show
1) if the driver really didn't pick up Sierra/see her
2) if driver passed other cars leaving the area. Given the tight timeline bus could have passed car Sierra might have been in.

I guess detentions are out of style. Kids and parents may complain. My son was in high school three years ago and detention was given for any tardy or homework not completed and it was given that day. Darn shame what has happened to public schools.

I assume detentions in public schools may cut into teachers' time....can't have that!

Also, if there were other students on the bus they possibly saw a car- or maybe had seen the same car day after day in a location "hanging out".

sorry for double post

It seems whoever took Sierra pulled right into the driveway.

If the perp threw away the phone so quickly, that means she probably wasn't restrained yet. He may have been driving too fast for her to escape.

These early hour abductions bug me because typically criminals don't like to get out of bed early in the morning. The dangerous ones will, however

If the perp threw away the phone so quickly, that means she probably wasn't restrained yet. He may have been driving too fast for her to escape.

These early hour abductions bug me because typically criminals don't like to get out of bed early in the morning.

This seems really unusual to me...pulling into driveway or not waiting until she moved a little further away from the house...and we don't know who threw the phone out at this point...I am keeping an open mind as to abduction vs. leaving on her own at this point, JMO. No opinion either way as to what happened. Hoping she left on her own, of course.

It sounds like the notification system at that high school works like the ones the high schools we had in Central Texas, El Paso TX and here in Hawaii work.

We get a phone call and we get an email to notify us if one of our kids have missed a class or classes.

Every time. We don't get a phone call that tells us the child was absent. The phone call tells us which classes the teen missed. On the days that my kids have been absent a full day (which isn't often) it's reported which classes the teen missed. I've never had a phone call where all the classes for the entire day were ticked off. When I pick them up for ortho appts and doc's appt's the time I have them out of school and until I take them back and drop them off---I get a call about the classes they missed.

I'm also reminded to send in an excuse for the absent day or classes.

I don't see the school at fault here but that's just me. It's an automated system and I'm grateful for it because one of my kids decided he was going to go to school but not be a student all day. Hang out here and there. lol. We nipped that carp in the bud. He graduated and is in the Army now.

Now when the kids were in elementary and middle school I would get a call during the day. But not an automated call usually, it would be someone from the office.

( a side note to Whisper, in the last couple of schools the kids have gone to high school they do detentions during the day-not sure how that works but they get detention during the day during school hours, might be different in other places though).

I guess detentions are out of style. Kids and parents may complain. My son was in high school three years ago and detention was given for any tardy or homework not completed and it was given that day. Darn shame what has happened to public schools.

I assume detentions in public schools may cut into teachers' time....can't have that!

Whoooo! You are talking to a retired teacher of 23 years!
Actually...having students stay after school is controversial because it supposedly infringes on student "rights", and it may inconvenience parents who may have to rearrange their schedules for the transportation issue.
Just saying'.....

Whoooo! You are talking to a retired teacher of 23 years!
Actually...having students stay after school is controversial because it supposedly infringes on student "rights", and it may inconvenience parents who may have to rearrange their schedules for the transportation issue.
Just saying'.....

Yaeh, I figured that was more likely the reason...heaven forbid we ever infringe upon the rights of the kids...good grief, JMO.

These early hour abductions bug me because typically criminals don't like to get out of bed early in the morning.

Unless they've been up all night taking meth and planning sinister deeds.
But, I don't want to go there with Sierra, if I don't have to.

I just read in the above transcript that Sierra's mother did not find out until 6PM that evening that Sierra had not been in school that day ??? And her mother found this out when the school emailed her ??? It seems a bit odd that she would not have expected to have some communication with Sierra that afternoon, when she would normally have gotten home from school ? Not a text,or a call just to say that she was home from school ? I wonder what time people in the house usually get home ?

I know everybody's family is different. I tend to be a pain in the butt if you ask my kids but they text me at various times during the day. Especially after school if they are going to be late or have an activity...etc.

I'm curious about her afternoon schedule. Not that it has anything to do with her going missing because she went missing during the morning but I'm curious about what Sierra's day was like typically. Did she ride the bus home and got home at a certain time everyday? Was she involved in any after school activities that might make her come home later? How did she get home on those days? Etc.

I see your point though. But again, everyone is different.

My daughter was out sick from school yesterday here in Central Texas. I got an email alert around noon that she had missed first period. I got another at 5:30 p.m. listing all of the classes she had missed, and then an automated phone call at 6:00 p.m. also listing all the classes she had missed.

Although I like the system, the emails can come for other reasons - mid-semester grades, notice of a failing grade on a test, failure to turn in an assignment, disciplinary actions, etc. So, if I had no reason to think my kid was missing school, I might wait to read them.

Re: detention FWIW

They always had detention at my schools on days where there was a "late bus" so kids had to take that if they were staying after. If detention still interfered with schedule, then they had to pick up trash in the playground for a certain amount of recess time. Like 15 min/a day for a week.

Re: getting picked up at the driveway.
Still could be someone she knows that she went willingly with- the "hey I'll just take you to school so you don't have to be a nerd and ride the bus" punch her grab her phone and toss it
or
it could be the old roll down the window/hop out of the car "Hey, I'm lost. Do you know how to get to..." grab and shove into the car trick.
or
she went on her own accord (don't buy that because of the phone toss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro