Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #1 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will download the driving directions but will have to guess on the addy.

ETA: very easy drive. I just hate rural areas...LOL. I am uncomfortable in them; I have read about too many cases always happening in rural towns.

Morgan Hill isn't rural but where they are sure looks like it.

How funny!
I am just the opposite..I way prefer rural areas! They are more interesting to me, and I am always paranoid on city streets that someone is going to run into me!

If we're unfortunate enough for Sierra not to have been found safe quickly and we need to start another thread for her, I'll gladly add a link to Wondergirl's map in the OP (with her permission).

For now, I'll just bump it up. Thanks, Wondergirl!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677
Thanks, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed!
In that case..I hope we won't need to add the map to another thread, because Sierra will be home and safe before then!:seeya:

Hopefully some tips will come out of the Nancy Grace Show.I think I have had every emotion possible watching her show,but I will say this much.I have learned so much from watching her show and she gets the case and the message out.As Nancy would say you can't put perfume on a pig.Thanks Nancy Grace!

"You can't put perfume on a pig!" :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

A pretty and popular sophomore is going to have a very hard time at her new school initially. The other popular girls are going to try and spread rumors and make her look bad. Especially a girl who moved from Fremont because her dad is a RSO. That is going to hurt her socially at first. Morgan Hill has some rich snobby cliques. But I don't think mean girls did this. I think it is a more professional abduction, imo.

eta: I don't think the mean girls did the kidnapping, but I do think they made her emotionally off balanced, and made her possibly trust the wrong people.

How funny!
I am just the opposite..I way prefer rural areas! They are more interesting to me, and I am always paranoid on city streets that someone is going to run into me!

I understand, but I swear more serious crimes happen out there in the country. I know the city scares people. It is so crowded and confusing.

I Could go there, but unfortunately I am moving this weekend (not far) and probably won't have time. What would I look for if I did make it over there?
I know the experts on this thread could give you some good advice. I am just an armchair sleuther, but what I lack in experience, I make up for in enthusiasm!:woohoo:

So..personally...I would drive by the bus stop, High Schools Sierra attended(s), where the phone was found, the house, if possible.
I would drive into town to get a feel of what the "atmosphere" is like. Look for fliers, etc.:waitasec:

I know the experts on this thread could give you some good advice. I am just an armchair sleuther, but what I lack in experience, I make up for in enthusiasm!:woohoo:

So..personally...I would drive by the bus stop, High Schools Sierra attended(s), where the phone was found, the house, if possible.
I would drive into town to get a feel of what the "atmosphere" is like. Look for fliers, etc.:waitasec:

I live pretty close by too and have been to Morgan Hill quite often. I bought my Beagle from there. I am going to take a drive over the hill as we say here and go check it out.

A pretty and popular sophomore is going to have a very hard time at her new school initially. The other popular girls are going to try and spread rumors and make her look bad. Especially a girl who moved from Fremont because her dad is a RSO. That is going to hurt her socially at first. Morgan Hill has some rich snobby cliques. But I don't think mean girls did this. I think it is a more professional abduction, imo.

eta: I don't think the mean girls did the kidnapping, but I do think they made her emotionally off balanced, and made her possibly trust the wrong people.

It DOES sound like Sierra has a "presence" about her, and this would very possibly infringe on the already developed social circles at the "new" school. It would upset the pecking order, so to speak, and jealousy and envy could create further insecurities in the other girls.

Therefore, this scenario could have led to, albeit peripherally, Sierra becoming involved in circles not in her best interest.

On twitter it is clear that her friends from Fremont are concerned and do not think she is a runaway. I wonder how many friends she had in Morgan hill?

Candlelight vigil for her tonight, news is reporting.

I understand, but I swear more serious crimes happen out there in the country. I know the city scares people. It is so crowded and confusing.

I have been born and raised and have lived in LA County, Orange County, and San Diego County. All cities run into other cities...no open spaces between. So one would think that is what I would prefer!

But Mr. Has A Clue, me, and our dog camp at, and travel to, rural and remote places as much as we can!

Go figure...huh? :shrug:

I live pretty close by too and have been to Morgan Hill quite often. I bought my Beagle from there. I am going to take a drive over the hill as we say here and go check it out.

Great! Please share your observations with us when you get back!

(And give your Beagle a hug for me!)

It DOES sound like Sierra has a "presence" about her, and this would very possibly infringe on the already developed social circles at the "new" school. It would upset the pecking order, so to speak, and jealousy and envy could create further insecurities in the other girls.

Therefore, this scenario could have led to, albeit peripherally, Sierra becoming involved in circles not in her best interest.

I also wonder about the 'friends' of her older sister. My son was in college when my DD was 15. It bothered me that she would run into guys he knew, and she would consider them ALL friends. I tried to explain that just because he knew some one or was on a hockey team with someone, that doesn't mean she should accept a ride home from a party with them.

So I wonder if there were some much older boys that she felt comfortable with...and she got in the car.

I also wonder about the 'friends' of her older sister. My son was in college when my DD was 15. It bothered me that she would run into guys he knew, and she would consider them ALL friends. I tried to explain that just because he knew some one or was on a hockey team with someone, that doesn't mean she should accept a ride home from a party with them.

So I wonder if there were some much older boys that she felt comfortable with...and she got in the car.

Whoah! That is another angle that had escaped me. Hanging with friends of older siblings can be a double-edged sword. Younger siblings can learn social mores from older siblings. But...younger siblings, without the maturity, may assume the attraction of the older "friends" is more friendly than it actually is!

Good idea but I don't think her sister would have had any friends down there cause she's been off at college since they moved.

Good idea but I don't think her sister would have had any friends down there cause she's been off at college since they moved.

Maybe..but some of her sister's friends may have stayed in the Fremont area, and that is not too far away, since they would probably have access to cars.

I am not expecting this to be the case. But it is good to keep our eyes open for any and all possibilities at this point.

The areas are not that far away. And she tended to be on social networks a lot. That is how a lot of older guys used to stalk my DD too. I hope they find something on her computer.

This just reminded me of my high school days. There was a Big Man On Campus who was a few years older than I was. He kept coming back, year after year, to our high school to hang out with, to him, were younger and younger students. My friend and I still laugh and ask if Mr. BMOC is STILL visiting our high school to relive his "Glory Days"...and he is pushing 60 now! Tee! Hee!

But, there could be something sinister in a person who needs the younger crowd so much!

The areas are not that far away. And she tended to be on social networks a lot. That is how a lot of older guys used to stalk my DD too. I hope they find something on her computer.

I can't help thinking there is going to be SOMETHING helpful on her computer, considering she seemed to be so socially active on the network.

Eewww! I am sorry your DD (and YOU) had to be careful of network stalkers! So scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme