Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, it is possible ML gets up and goes to work at say ten to 6, or a quarter to 6, routinely and never sees Sierra, most mornings. It's possible that ML leaves at 6, as she says, but if that is what time Sierra is also waking is it with a "TIME TO GET UP" as she is walking out the door.

Snipped by me. Based on how long it takes my daughter to get ready, and the fact that I think Sierra also flat-irons her hair, she'd probably need to be up at about that time in order to get ready. Maybe Marlene makes sure she's up before she leaves?

Thanks for your opinion, I wish to try and place it in the context of the Sheriffs' Office recent statement.

Re Mercury News journalist Joe Rodriguez:

Detectives on the case are quietly putting the scattered pieces of evidence together like a problematic jigsaw puzzle, revealing little except to the girl's family.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said that's simply how it does business. The agency does not provide details as they come up because detectives aren't sure how important each detail is, where it might lead them or what might happen, says department spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza. There's no telling what Sierra's kidnappers, if there are any, or reluctant witnesses might do if they knew how close investigators were getting.

"It could be any number of things," Cardoza says. "It could affect future searches and interviews."

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area...han-month-later-search-sierra-lamar-continues

In MO it seemed to be pointing out that they are using the leads that will help show the kidnappers (if there are any) and the reluctant witnesses that they are close on their tail.

I totally would have put the bold on IF THERE ARE ANY.

Whether it was said by LE, who asked not to be quoted, or came from the reporter's perspective of what he heard "off the record" and his/her own opinion.
It seemed placed to cast doubt on an abduction.
These would narrow not just suspects, but also scenarios.

Snipped by me. Based on how long it takes my daughter to get ready, and the fact that I think Sierra also flat-irons her hair, she'd probably need to be up at about that time in order to get ready. Maybe Marlene makes sure she's up before she leaves?

As I recall, the photo in question that was sent at 7:11 showed her hair to have not been flat-ironed.
Perhaps curled. Or natural.

The point I was making is the time given that ML leaves at 6, is the same time that Sierra is said to wake up.
Now is that precise or just a more or less time?
This is something WE do not know.

No one has asked or answered if Sierra was awakened by an alarm clock.
But, LE would have looked to see. Then noted what time it was set for.

I totally would have put the bold on IF THERE ARE ANY.

Whether is was said by LE who asked not to be quoted or came from the reporter's perspective of what he heard "off the record" and his/her own opinion.
It seemed placed to cast doubt on an abduction.
These would narrow not just suspects, but also scenarios.

I agree the doubt in abduction stands out there and I found it so innocuous a theory that I deliberately left it not bolded and underlined.

Funny how we show our 'hidden' messages isn't it?

However moving right along back to my post, reread my quote from Mercury News- it states Jose as the spokesperson.

I like to go over a case as I feel LE would.
Playing all the variables.
But, here I am constrained about writing all the variables.

LE has explored them all, most certainly.

First of all, it is possible ML gets up and goes to work at say ten to 6, or a quarter to 6, routinely and never sees Sierra, most mornings.
It's possible that ML leaves at 6, as she says, but if that is what time Sierra is also waking is it with a "TIME TO GET UP" as she is walking out the door.

You must admit her leaving as the other one is waking in the same minute apparently, doesn't allow for a whole lot of chit chat, breakfast or anything else in the mornings.

Did she see her that morning? This is an assumption.
Based on heresay.

There is nothing I have seen to know definitively the last time her mother saw her. With corroboration.
For all I know, she has been missing since Thursday.

I don't have any info on the other party living in the home, at all.
What I do have is the evidential proof that her belongings and the search radius has focused primarily on the area around her immediate home and surroundings. This would eliminate the involvement of a stranger or any other party who would have their comfort zone far away up or down the egress of Hwy 101, Monterey which is literally right in her own back yard.

As has been stated by others, the focus in on Paquita Espana Ct.

:rocker: I totally agree ! Adding in my :twocents: fwiw :

1st BBM: Yes, ALL the "variables" should be looked at ... and I sure hope LE does NOT have "tunnel vision" ...

2nd BBM: Marlene stated that Rick left before she did, so who would be able to "corroborate" her statement ? What has been made "public info" so far, there is no one who saw Sierra that morning leaving her house and walking to the bus stop. So HOW does LE corroborate this ?

3rd BBM: No info has been confirmed by LE or by the 3rd person who lives in the home with Sierra ... so there is no info available ...

However, IMO, this is really very simple because one canNOT be in two places at the same time : either the 3rd person who lives in the home was NOT in the home when Sierra left for school or he was in the home ...

And JMO, but LE could confirm this IF they wanted to as it would put an end to any and all "speculation" ...

This case makes me :pullhair: :banghead: :pullhair:

:moo:

I agree the doubt in abduction stands out there and I found it so innocuous a theory that I deliberately left it not bolded and underlined.

Funny how we show our 'hidden' messages isn't it?

However moving right along back to my post, reread my quote from Mercury News- it states Jose as the spokesperson.

Yes, he is the speaker, however that particular passage was not in "quotation".
Therefore, it is based on a generalized sense of what was said off the record, the reporters opinion on what they were being told, or a cliff note version of the gist of what was said.
It could be that this was deliberately glossed over in the article, if you get my drift.
To highlight it, would be to do exactly what LE said they didn't want to do.

Now let's talk about reluctant witnesses!!

@ Houndstooth

Respectfully snipped by me:

"These would narrow not just suspects, but also scenarios."

I underlined on previous page my focus, reluctant witnesses needing to know they are going to need to open up as LE get closer to solving this case to save being charged for abetting this crime

Therefore, it is based on a generalized sense of what was said off the record, the reporters opinion on what they were being told, or a cliff note version of the gist of what was said.
It could be that this was deliberately glossed over in the article, if you get my drift.

AHA maestro let's conduct this orchestra with those "reluctant witnesses" sitting between the cymbals so they are struck loudly on each side of the head with <modsnip> sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHA maestro let's conduct this orchestra with those "reluctant witnesses" sitting between the cymbals so they are struck loudly on each side of the head with <modsnip> sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which I am sure the LE are getting close to doing, just TOS will not let us discuss things like this here

@ Houndstooth

Respectfully snipped by me:

"These would narrow not just suspects, but also scenarios."

I underlined on previous page my focus, reluctant witnesses needing to know they are going to need to open up as LE get closer to solving this case to save being charged for abetting this crime

Witnesses is plural.
This could imply it comes from more than one quarter.

It could refer to an eyewitness(es), as yet unidentified.
Or it could refer to online witnesses regarding the posts the morning of.

Teenagers who Sierra may have confided in who do not want to become involved to be called to testify or be sellouts of her trust.

Folding the clothes and placing them in the bag is very interesting from a psychological point of view.

Got to agree! Only thing is what does it tell us I wonder. Also where it was placed, outside the large shed instead of inside makes me think this was done so it would be seen. Oh, and then there's the cats....

I wonder if Sierra was forced into that shed, and perhaps stalling for time folded her cloths and put them back in the bag, and then somehow she able to drop the bag outside the shed as she being take away from them, and the perp didn't notice.... where it was placed seems perfect for that - just a bit hidden (from the perp) but still findable...
My theory makes more sense if she knows her perp and the familiarity allows her just a bit of mobility...
I'm sure they must have really searched the shed.

Witnesses is plural.
This could imply it comes from more than one quarter.

It could refer to an eyewitness(es), as yet unidentified.
Or it could refer to online witnesses regarding the posts the morning of.

Teenagers who Sierra may have confided in who do not want to become involved to be called to testify or be sellouts of her trust.

In agreeance with your plural fact re witnesses, "they" is the use of a plural pronoun to accompany it as used in all my previous posts involved.

Teenagers.?????.... well apart from being self centred egotists at this age, I doubt there are many reluctant there, they love talking about their lives and probs.

But the adults...no, there lies the thorn in LEs' paw!!!! Hard to put fire on their feet. The whole street.

Which means they are watching and gathering probabley info through rubbish, peers, hairdressers etc

In agreeance with your plural fact re witnesses, "they" is the use of a plural pronoun to accompany it as used in all my previous posts involved.

Teenagers.?????.... well apart from being self centred egotists at this age, I doubt there are many reluctant there, they love talking about their lives and probs.

But the adults...no, there lies the thorn in LEs' paw!!!! Hard to put fire on their feet. The whole street.

Which means they are watching and gathering probabley info through rubbish, peers, hairdressers etc

I elaborated on them, because it's hard to say much otherwise!
But, they have certain info that is pertinent to the case but, might be
reluctant to enter into such a serious area of the adult world dealing with
LE, courts and DRAMA with a capital "D".

True, and unless a reporter is carrying a tape recorder, it is not guaranteed that even what is in quotes is word for word what is said. They rely on notes and sometimes memory, and it could be hours before it is typed up in article form. I don't 100% trust even quotes sometimes.

Got to agree! Only thing is what does it tell us I wonder. Also where it was placed, outside the large shed instead of inside makes me think this was done so it would be seen. Oh, and then there's the cats....

I wonder if Sierra was forced into that shed, and perhaps stalling for time folded her cloths and put them back in the bag, and then somehow she able to drop the bag outside the shed as she being take away from them, and the perp didn't notice.... where it was placed seems perfect for that - just a bit hidden (from the perp) but still findable...
My theory makes more sense if she knows her perp and the familiarity allows her just a bit of mobility...

I don't think Sierra was anywhere near the shed; the dogs should have been able to determine that, if she had been, and it has been said that the dogs did not lead them to the bag, that it was found by searchers.

I also think it is too soon to try to figure out the folding of clothes, especially since even yesterday LE said that they still do not know what she was wearing when she left.

JMO

Interesting OldSteve, never thought of it like this. I always thought the way the bag was found was and is odd and it continues to perplex me. It is perplexing and frustrating! LE know more, they are just so quiet right now....I feel like its the 'quiet before the storm'.

Not to put a damper on things, but LE is always talking about potential reluctant witnesses, whether they have any in mind or not. Same with statements about getting closer to finding the perp. This seems very much like it was a hypothetical statement, not anything concrete.

As for 'how close to home' the focus is - no LEA is going to have the resources to do searches outside the type of radius we've seen here, not without a very credible tip to lead them to a specific area. Most depts. never come even close to matching the search radius we've seen in this case.

Realistically, statistics say that if LE (as opposed to outside agents like hunters & hikers) is going to find her or clues, it's going to be close. Add in their theory of a perp that was known to her, which means he/she/they had a comfort zone nearby, and their focus is only logical, and IMO indicates nothing.

All JMO

I find the folding of the cloths more of a female kind of thing, not that men don't, just the cloths and the bag were handled in a more gentel way. The cloths weren't stuffed into the bag and the bag wasn't just tossed into one of the murky ponds. So who would have respect for her things? Figure that out and you may figure out the "Who".

Often times people that have been institutionalized in the penal system become obsessively tidy during incarceration. Meticulously folding everything, maintaining very clean clothes, etc. It is part of the status aspect of the culture there to be looking fresh. The meticulous part of the folding process I believe has to do with demonstrating the ability to exert some control over the few aspects of your environment that you have the ability to control.
I still see the possibility of two perps, the one in charge throwing the phone, and the second person folding the clothes. It could be an indication of guilt on the part of the second participant. Why would that second person feel guilty? Perhaps he led her into a situation which quickly spiraled out of control. Possibly someone she knew who cared about her to a degree but who could not control the other person.

The last time Marlene saw Sierra she was in PJ'S Marlene said that herself. Yes the shirt is what looks like the one in the pic. But we nor Marlene knows if Sierra changed out of that after the picture was taken.
I still think the clothes are an extra set IMHO

I keep waiting for Marlene to describe the pajamas. Perhaps they consisted of PJ pants and an oversized Sharks shirt (the one in the photo) and the one in the bag was a t-shirt, also with Sharks logo, but not the same garment.

What we can't say because it has not been put out there in main stream media is a darn shame. Some of us do not know about the neighborhood and many of the people who live there. It is a very diverse street. There are many places/bldgs/cars tucked away behind residences. There may be many more people that live there then what we think...IMO.

I alluded to this the other day. Several locals have checked out her neighborhood,and it is FAR from being the lazy suburban cul-de-sac I was imagining. This is information that makes a HUGE difference in what could have POSSIBLY happened. A neghborhood with 5 houses and a total of 15 residents is one thing... this neighborhood is mixed commercial and residential with many lots containing multiple residences and businesses, which results in a lot more traffic than a typical residentially zoned cul-de-sac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr