Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been following this case from thr beginning, and reading all of the posts from the ever brilliant sleuths here. Tonight, after reading this last page of posts another case came to my mind. The name eludes me, but it was the case of a 12 year old girl in the St. Louis, Missouri area who disappeared after going to play with a friend at the friend's house. It turned out that the 15 year old sister of the missing girl 's friend had killed this little girl to "see what it felt like". The names of the victim and the perp are on the tip of my tongue, but my brain is frozen at the moment. Anyway, my thought was that maybe it is not a sex offender,or a male offender at all. Could be a young girl who, for some reason or motive unknown, took Sierra and ended her life. jMHO, and total speculation, but stranger things have happened.

Alyssa Bustamante/ Elizabeth Olten

O.K., trying to think of scenarios to explain why her last text was at 7:11, and the phone was "tossed" at 7:15. First, how do we know it was tossed at 7:15? I'm sure someone explained that, but I missed that.

Assuming the phone WAS tossed at 7:15, and her last text WAS at 7:11, the only explanation I can think of is that she willingly got in to a car with someone she knew, and she felt comfortable enough to be texting to her school chum. At that point I must conclude that the individual(s) in the vehicle that was giving her the ride "turned" on her...

This leads me to have a stronger feeling about the potential Suspect profile...

I agree. It appears she was in the car believing whe was going to school when the perp make a quick turn away from the stop and threw out ths phone.

Do we know what side of Palm the phone was found? He either continued on Palm to the dead end and handcuffed her there or he simply made the first right at Santa Teresa and went on his rampage.

Another scenario could be that the perp sent the text to mess with the timeline.

Very true...however the fact that the phone was at Palm (the same street as the bus stop) I favor the idea she was in the car at the time.

I don't think he would have tossed it at that place if he had time and was thinking straight.

I would like to know how that business was operated since last October when Sierra moved into the home.

Some businesses are online only even if they have inventory stored locally. In that case, there would be no customer traffic in and out. But there could be workers from time to time stocking shelves and/or readying orders for shipment. There could also be security personnel onsite at specific times of day or night.

Some business are both online and local, in which case there might be even more workers hired to handle customers who visit the business location. And of course this type of setup would mean not just the additional workers but customers would be in a position to see comings and goings from the home.

Both setups allow for deliveries and package pick-up services, which could be either scheduled or requested as needed.

The issue with this business (at least for me) is whether a business operating there means more vehicle traffic in and out--not specifically at the time of day that Sierra vanished but at any time on any days, i.e., more people with means to become aware that Sierra lived there and was at times alone lengthens the potential list of suspects.
Excellent post!

In pubic records, it listed five employees. I am led to believe this true.

:what:
Who is the reporter?! What did I miss?!

I finally found it! Lol.. It was the SheRiff Smith.. On the NG show..

GRACE: We are back and taking your calls in the search for 15-year- old Sierra Lamar. To Sheriff Laurie Smith, Santa Clara county sheriff.*

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live-in boyfriend?*

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.*

GRACE: OK. Let`s ask the sheriff. Sheriff, did he report to work on time that morning?*

SMITH: We just can`t release information or evidence about the case. And we really can`t comment on that.*

GRACE: Sheriff Laurie Smith is with us taking your calls and answering your questions. Doing all that she can do and her team trying to find this girl. At this hour cadaver dogs are searching three key areas. Sheriff the mom repeatedly, even when I don't ask her, says my boyfriends been cleared, my boyfriends been cleared. You're telling me nobody has been eliminated at this time.

SMITH: That's what I'm saying because you know with any investigation things go different directions. You focus one direction and it leads to nothing then you focus another direction. We're always refocusing the investigation and no one is cleared until it is done but that doesn't mean we have broad suspicions.

GRACE: Ok I get it sheriff, it's not over until it's over.

Video (2nd video) - http://blog.eyesforlies.com/search/label/Sierra Lamar
Transcript - http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html

I've never heard a firm and definitive statement about anyone being cleared. If they have been, it would be helpful to make that a well known and clear fact. I think it would refocus some of the energies of useless speculation (if in fact individuals have indeed, been cleared.) Perhaps I just missed that definitive statement from LE. It's hard to keep up with the volumes of info on this case.

IMO: there is no one cleared.. I posted (above) the NG show with Sherrif Smith stating it as a fact that no one is cleared..

I would like to know how that business was operated since last October when Sierra moved into the home.

Some businesses are online only even if they have inventory stored locally. In that case, there would be no customer traffic in and out. But there could be workers from time to time stocking shelves and/or readying orders for shipment. There could also be security personnel onsite at specific times of day or night.

Some business are both online and local, in which case there might be even more workers hired to handle customers who visit the business location. And of course this type of setup would mean not just the additional workers but customers would be in a position to see comings and goings from the home.

Both setups allow for deliveries and package pick-up services, which could be either scheduled or requested as needed.

The issue with this business (at least for me) is whether a business operating there means more vehicle traffic in and out--not specifically at the time of day that Sierra vanished but at any time on any days, i.e., more people with means to become aware that Sierra lived there and was at times alone lengthens the potential list of suspects.

This is a warehouse. They ship the supplies so there would be no customer traffic.

Very true...however the fact that the phone was at Palm (the same street as the bus stop) I favor the idea she was in the car at the time.

I don't think he would have tossed it at that place if he had time and was thinking straight.

http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_0af81c68-a1ac-57b8-ab1b-a3f250835760.html

Sierra’s cell phone was found Saturday evening at Scheller Avenue and Santa Teresa Boulevard.

Scroll down to video: around 2:00 where Cardoza states Scheller and Santa Teresa.

I finally found it! Lol.. It was the SheRiff Smith.. On the NG show..

GRACE: We are back and taking your calls in the search for 15-year- old Sierra Lamar. To Sheriff Laurie Smith, Santa Clara county sheriff.*

[
SMITH: That's what I'm saying because you know with any investigation things go different directions. You focus one direction and it leads to nothing then you focus another direction. We're always refocusing the investigation and no one is cleared until it is done but that doesn't mean we have broad suspicions.GRACE: Ok I get it sheriff, it's not over until it's over.

Video (2nd video) - http://blog.eyesforlies.com/search/label/Sierra Lamar
Transcript - http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html

Oh, so they are not casting a broad net. Their focus is more narrowed. I always thought that

Ref: post #728

I'm confused and really need to get this straight in my head.

Her school bus stop was located on Palm...to the left. The perp turned right instead. I thought the phone was tossed right there...as he turned Right on Palm..in the opposite direction from the bus stop...but still on Palm.

The bag, books were on Scheller @ Santa Teresa. The whole event looks almost like a complete rectangle.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/03/sierra_lamar.php

I was told the phone was close to Santa Teresa @ Palm...now this article says Dougherty. Either Dougherty or Santa Teresa, he is working within the rectangle.

This is crazy. Each article tells us a different place where the phone was located.

Ref: post #728

I'm confused and really need to get this straight in my head.

Her school bus stop was located on Palm...to the left. The perp turned right instead. I thought the phone was tossed right there...as he turned left on Palm..in the opposite direction from the bus stop...but still on Palm.

The bag, books were on Scheller @ Santa Teresa. The whole event looks almost like a complete rectangle.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2012/03/sierra_lamar.php

I was told the phone was close to Santa Teresa @ Palm...now this article says Dougherty. Either Dougherty or Santa Teresa, he is working within the rectangle.

Here is the visual of all the key spots

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/...CA-/?action=view&current=LamarMap2-fromTB.jpg

I always thought that the car would have turned the opposite direction from the bus stop.

Oh, so they are not casting a broad net. Their focus is more narrowed. I always thought that

Me, too. The search has not been out of a 20-mile radius of the house, and there have been re-searches of areas previously searched. I know statistically that the victim is found close to the abduction site, but LE has not, to the public's knowledge, conducted any physical searches in Fremont, for instance. Leads me to believe the available evidence and modis operandi remain in the MH community. LE must have some solid leads pointing them in that direction. IMOO.

I have been following this case from thr beginning, and reading all of the posts from the ever brilliant sleuths here. Tonight, after reading this last page of posts another case came to my mind. The name eludes me, but it was the case of a 12 year old girl in the St. Louis, Missouri area who disappeared after going to play with a friend at the friend's house. It turned out that the 15 year old sister of the missing girl 's friend had killed this girl to "see what it felt like". The names of the victim and the perp are on the tip of my tongue, but my brain is frozen at the moment. Anyway, my thought was that maybe it is not a sex offender,or a male offender at all. Could be a young girl who, for some reason or motive unknown, took Sierra and ended her life. jMHO, and total speculation, but stranger things have happened.

I just want to clarify that I really meant it sincerely when I said "brilliant sleuths here". It hit me it could sound sarcastic, but I meant it most sincerely. That is why I often don't post because someone else has already posted my thoughts. The research done here on Websleuths is awesome.

Ok, I need to regroup. Why even post the bus stop? I definetly recall seeing a map with a dot on palm in the opposite direction of the bus stop...showing where the cell was located.

Why were the words "Opposite direction of the bus stop" EVER used? Scheller is not opposite!!

It did, IMO. Opposite direction of bus stop.

We do not know if the car turned on Palm now at all. I swear I recall seeing that cell phone found on the same route as the bus stop...but in "opposite direction".

If the phone was at Scheller, he didn't even have to turn towards the bus stop at all.

I wish North Morgan Hill would kindly give just ONE name to each street, instead of two

I had a complete visual of the route and now he didn't even go near the bus stop. So why in the world was it reported phone found in opposite direction? I stand by my account that the cell was found on Palm.

This is exactly why I do not EVER want to link written reports. I just linked one that said Palm and Dougherty (which some call 3rd st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak