Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where the video came from? I believe LE said it was from the morning Sierra went missing, but is there any info as to what location the video was taken from? Meaning, near her street, where they found her purse, etc.

Thanks

He says in the video he can't confirm where, just in the vicinity of where Sierra was and evidence were found.

It's not the best choice to be incognito but if it isn't linked to you by paperwork and you can conceal it or destroy it afterwards, it's probably a pragmatic choice??

Seems particularly iffy to me.
IF they are trying to connect these cases to the guy in
a red car, then not a good choice because EVERYBODY
seems to remember it.
Comes with optional handicap tag on the rearview?

Seems particularly iffy to me.
IF they are trying to connect these cases to the guy in
a red car, then not a good choice because EVERYBODY
seems to remember it.
Comes with optional handicap tag on the rearview?

these cases?

Me personally.. I am just thinking the red car is connected to Sierra...

it is also possible the same perp used different cars if the cases are connected that is.

Why would anybody want a car that was painted red with a mismatched hood that is two decades old and would stand out like a sore thumb for a stalking vehicle?

As opposed to one that's been spray painted on the outside with a white washed dashboard and missing back seat?

these cases?

Me personally.. I am just thinking the red car is connected to Sierra...

it is also possible the same perp used different cars if the cases are connected that is.

I don't think they ARE connected.

I would be even more skeptical and surprised at the same perp using DIFFERENT red cars.

So, what are you guys thinking? Is it an isolated abduction, or part of a trafficking network?

Why would anybody want a car that was painted red with a mismatched hood that is two decades old and would stand out like a sore thumb for a stalking vehicle?

It certainly is more noticeable. But, as far as the mismatched hood, Considering it is an old car, I am going to guess this person does not have much money. Perhaps the original hood of the car was damaged and replaced with a new hood from a parts shop? Painting the hood to match the red could be expensive so maybe they just let it be mismatched for that reason? Just a thought. Which is why I hope LE has already or is planning to contact all body shops in the area.

But then, yes, it was not a good choice to drive around in if this person was looking to stalk or abduct someone.

I am not sure what to make of the car being revealed at this late date.
I assume that LE has done all they can to find out who owns it/where it is. Now it is up to public, and maybe more importantly, to everyone Sierra knew, to try to figure out who, if anyone, owned such a car. Where I live, Jetta's are still popular with teens, as they end up with them when their parents moved on to other cars.
JMO

You know it will be interesting to watch the twitter chatter now fo awhile. Sierra's friends are probably just getting out of school now. Wonder if they might know who owned a Jetta?
Someone ask what I think the LE might have found on her laptop or phone. To be honest I really don't know. But from day one my gut has told me she knew the person who took her. Scent stops at driveway . Just always have thought there might be a text or even an IM that was never released to the public.

It certainly is more noticeable. But, as far as the mismatched hood, Considering it is an old car, I am going to guess this person does not have much money. Perhaps the original hood of the car was damaged and replaced with a new hood from a parts shop? Painting the hood to match the red could be expensive so maybe they just let it be mismatched for that reason? Just a thought. Which is why I hope LE has already or is planning to contact all body shops in the area.

But then, yes, it was not a good choice to drive around in if this person was looking to stalk or abduct someone.
------------
Bolded above. That is why I questioned early if this person could be trying to make some money by kidnapping a girl for someone else--even if that is the case, from what I've read, the people doing the abduction often take part in a conditioning or breakdown stage of the victim. In other words, they rape the victim first.

You know it will be interesting to watch the twitter chatter now fo awhile. Sierra's friends are probably just getting out of school now. Wonder if they might know who owned a Jetta?
Someone ask what I think the LE might have found on her laptop or phone. To be honest I really don't know. But from day one my gut has told me she knew the person who took her. Scent stops at driveway . Just always have thought there might be a text or even an IM that was never released to the public.

Lol, am looking at twitter now...some of her friends have not posted at all today, oddly...

Sounds like someone with not much money, or young driver...

------------
Bolded above. That is why I questioned early if this person could be trying to make some money by kidnapping a girl for someone else, even if that is the case, from what I've read, the people doing the abduction often take part in a conditioning or breakdown of the victim stage. In other words, they rape the victim first.

I think that is a definite possibility.

I also think it's possible that the car might belong to a teenager. Might have paid for the car themselves and thus cannot afford a nicer car or can afford to make repairs to the body of the car. If it is a teen, then I would wonder if it could have been someone Sierra knew.

I deleted my last post, because the car with the peace symbol painted on the hood, is a different abduction attempt. I think the two stories were previously posted together, or something, and it was confusing.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-boyle-heights-attempted-kidnapping,0,3501571.story

From your link...The suspect was driving a black, four-door sedan, possibly a Mercedes. The teen girl said his car has a "peace symbol" on the hood.

Well, what if his car was identified as having a peace symbol, so he painted it red, but the peace symbol was still noticeable, so he replaced the hood with a black one.

Am I grasping?

A few of her friends are talking about the car now...but not in any way that shows they know more than we do, in fact they seem to be just hearing about it too, which makes me wonder if LE did not question any of them about this car?

A few of her friends are talking about the car now...but not in any way that shows they know more than we do, in fact they seem to be just hearing about it too, which makes me wonder if LE did not question any of them about this car?

today (in the video posted) the LEO said that they had only asked the family about the car.. not the friends... he also said family said they had no idea/did not know the car

Thank you for that link.

Watching that press conference, it makes me wonder if one of the things that LE is hoping to find in the water is the Jetta.

It's *amazing* how many stolen cars get fished out of the water during searches. Simply amazing.

EXACTLY. Remember that tragic search for the precious little boy in the Modesto area last year or so? They searched the irrigation canals and must have pulled out half a dozen cars in one afternoon.

If that car is not underwater it is at the very least, painted black or very dark blue by now.

If there is more than one abductor, then the orginal vehicle, as you say, could have been ditched/disposed of, and a transfer made to another vehicle.

I'm praying that Sierra is still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member