Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the discussion has turned to human trafficking, I just asked my youngest son - 25 - about the Red Jetta with the back hood and he said "it's a straight pisa" (I take that to mean a Hispanic) Not meaning to stereotype in anyway but that's what he said. Then he said "she'e probably over the border" by now. My son is pretty street smart ....Just relaying what a younger "more hip to the culture of the Bay area"person said....

No it's just me....it helps me see what I've written when I am including someone's quote.sorry

No probs! I've had a pomegranate martini so I was wondering....good points being made!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have seen them on other countries, but not ours? Which ones are you referring to? I am not completely naive and I know unspeakable things happen here too, I just think we would be hearing more on the news.....or at least I would like to bc this really ticks me off!!!

MSNBC has one called "Sex Slaves in America"...

Interesting the discussion has turned to human trafficking, I just asked my youngest son - 25 - about the Red Jetta with the back hood and he said "it's a straight pisa" (I take that to mean a Hispanic) Not meaning to stereotype in anyway but that's what he said. Then he said "she'e probably over the border" by now. My son is pretty street smart ....Just relaying what a younger "more hip to the culture of the Bay area"person said....

And my streetwise young friend essentially reinforced your son's comment. When I asked him about the black hood and any significance to that, he said they were just trying to make the car look "Fast and Furious", referring to the movie. (Fast cars, etc.) He also said that Sierra came from a location in Fremont that is very well known as a hub of gang activity. He said that when you take her ethnicity in to consideration, a probable scenario is not too difficult to figure out. SO, all that streetwise input taken in to consideration; WHY *did* Sierra move/have to move to Morgan Hill? In there, I believe, is the answer as to why she has disapeared. And I would strongly suspect her mother already knows the answer to that question.

There recently was a story in the Northern Va. area of a prostitution ring where the girls where threatened and hurt if once they got into it (by coercian/fear) Not the out of the country sort of trafficking but sounds like something that might be happening and those of us who live in denial (I was stone shocked) would never imagine.
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-29/...ol-girls-trafficking-conspiracy?_s=PM:JUSTICE
sorry...I know link might not have posted correctly.
BTW ...I googled to find a link and I was really shocked at the links that popped up.

Why would sex traffickers bother to toss out or plant her bag? Seems they would just beat the heck out of the area ASAP, not dawdle around the neighborhood to be seen on video all over the place. I think this was a very inexperienced and yet so far, lucky, pervert...not part of some professional ring or gang...also if the car is involved it is way too memorable,
IMO, to be used in an "operation."

MSNBC has one called "Sex Slaves in America"...

But aren't they referring to people being brought over from another country to America to be trafficked? Not saying that I'm not completely appauled at that, but there is no way to confirm all these victims bc most of the countries they come from don't either care that their missing or don't even know. This is America, when someone goes missing it's usually a big deal. SL is an american and for a trafficker to bother with her when they could kidnap, easily (apparently) anyone else from somewhere else, just sounds stupid? I am still bothered though that all these underage are "supposedly" here hidden and being trafficked. What is going on in this world???

But aren't they referring to people being brought over from another country to America to be trafficked? Not saying that I'm not completely appauled at that, but there is no way to confirm all these victims bc most of the countries they come from don't either care that their missing or don't even know. This is America, when someone goes missing it's usually a big deal. SL is an american and for a trafficker to bother with her when they could kidnap, easily (apparently) anyone else from somewhere else, just sounds stupid? I am still bothered though that all these underage are "supposedly" here hidden and being trafficked. What is going on in this world???

Look at how many teens are labeled "runaways"...thousands. They all have to be someplace, either deceased or earning money on the streets, or worse. And even nowadays, lots of young girls and women make their way to Hollywood or NYC, hoping to model or act, and end up doing whatever they can for money, and possibly being unable to get out of a bad situation. We only hear about the middle-class teens, as a rule....JMO

I have seen them on other countries, but not ours? Which ones are you referring to? I am not completely naive and I know unspeakable things happen here too, I just think we would be hearing more on the news.....or at least I would like to bc this really ticks me off!!!

There has been plenty of MSM attention on the topic dating back to the early nineties - that was when I first read about it, in a book about the child-prostitution rings that were plaguing Atlanta at the time (thankfully, a few years later a new Mayor of that city joined up with the Feds to crack down on it, can't remember which Mayor it was, though).

The problem is that there are always so many other things going on that catch people's attention so much easier. Add in that most Americans don't like to hear about this type of subject matter, and/or have a totally unsympathetic, socially conservative view of the victims, and there just aren't enough ratings/views etc in it for the media to bother doing much trumpeting.

IMO, squeamishness, intolerance and the American belief that 'that stuff doesn't happen here' have come together in America to keep this and many other 'uncomfortable truths' out of the public eye.

I started typing out examples of such issues, but nixed that as it would be derailing the thread.

Now, as to whether Sierra is a victim of Sex Trafficking - it's possible, but IMO not very likely. Unfortunately, this is one of the only viable scenarios that seems to offer any real hope that she is alive, so it's most definitely worth looking into, IMO.

All JMO

Why would sex traffickers bother to toss out or plant her bag? Seems they would just beat the heck out of the area ASAP, not dawdle around the neighborhood to be seen on video all over the place. I think this was a very inexperienced and yet so far, lucky, pervert...not part of some professional ring or gang...also if the car is involved it is way too memorable,
IMO, to be used in an "operation."

Maybe they weren't that experienced, maybe the car is irrelevant. Thus far they seem to know what they are doing. Probably not very bright either way.

Look at how many teens are labeled "runaways"...thousands. They all have to be someplace, either deceased or earning money on the streets, or worse. And even nowadays, lots of young girls and women make their way to Hollywood or NYC, hoping to model or act, and end up doing whatever they can for money, and possibly being unable to get out of a bad situation. We only hear about the middle-class teens, as a rule....JMO

Even the middle classers only really draw attention a handful of times a year, and usually when it's obvious from the start that they met with foul play. Another handful only gain national attention when they are found deceased & a perp is apprehended.

To get an idea of how little attention is paid by the public to the missing, just take the first ten pages of threads in the missing non-discussion area here (because many cases never make it over to the discussion area), google all of the names that don't have multiple threads, and see how quickly you start to run into unrelated results.

All JMO

Maybe they weren't that experienced, maybe the car is irrelevant. Thus far they seem to know what they are doing. Probably not very bright either way.

It's been said numerous times that an outsider would have to be very gutsy & stupid to have grabbed Sierra at that time & place. IMO, those are the defining traits of gang members. Of course, I say the same thing about most murderers, rapists & burglars, so I'm not sure if there's value in my observation.

All JMO

Somehow, Sierra doesn't come across as meek, easily manipulated and subservient, as a lot of the victims in the news and documentaries appear to be (young girls from non-English speaking countries). Of course there are exceptions, like stranger abductions. I'm sure whoever did this never expected it would become so high profile. I'm optimistic, but cannot fathom what she has gone through if she is still alive. Sierra and her family are in my prayers.

I don't think this had to have been done by a terrifically organized person...there was Sierra, for the taking, 5 days a week...all alone. Anyone could have scooped her up, driven away. JMO

All those teens are in Seattle, WA. ;) If you vacation there, remember to take your shoes off outside your hotel room. There is urine from the homeless teens everywhere.

I am trying to figure out why LE has not been able to link an actual person to this car...does this car really have anything to do with Sierra?

Or is the ownership of the car fuzzy, and/or had several possible drivers?
Or, they have the car, but no evidence of Sierra having ever been in it? And just having it circling the neighborhood isn't enough for an kind of a charge?

It will be dreadful, IMO, if it turns out this car is either unrelated or can't be proven to be linked to Sierra...

Maybe the car had been reported stolen prior to Sierra's disappearance.

This is my first time chiming in, although I've been reading quite a bit - I just got registered. My husband and I have a brady bunch family of 8 kids, ages 6-20, 3 girls and 5 boys. My husband also coaches HS and youth football. As a whole, we feel pretty versed in teenager behaviors and language. Girls are much nastier, but I am going through hell with "my" oldest- 16 yr old boy. I agree the way many of the kids talk is terrible. What has changed as acceptable is unreal, even from when I was a teen (I am 35 yrs old). My point is, I really try to reserve judgement on the kid based on their tweets and FB chatter - usually they are trying to fit in with what other kids are doing, and it doesn't indicate they are even doing the things they say. (Although, I have not read SL's tweets). Every generation is disgusted with the behaviors and language of the one previous to them, it seems to be almost a right of passage. I feel blessed my 15 yr old daughter doesn't talk that way, but she exceptionally has her head on right. Wish all of my others did! My "challenging" teenager says Im so horrible because I wont allow cursing, marijuana use, or teenage drinking from my kids. Uhm..that's pretty basic. If you listen to him I am a holy terror to deal with.

Back to SL, I have no theories on what happened, but pray she is alive and comes home. I am from the area where HaleyTennell girl went missing last week and my daughter is good friends with her little sister actually - and was so relieved that was a false alarm (even if she did cause quite a stir!).

Welcome to WS!

And you are so right about each generation shocking the previous ones.

I believe it was Aristotle who penned a whole diatribe about the decadence of ancient Greek youth and how deplorable their standards of behaviour were. To read it, you would assume that civilisation was going to end within 10 years.

And yet, somehow, here we all are approximately 2300 years later and we're still saying the same things about the younger generation. He'd feel right at home.

It's true. My 15 year-old cousin says the craziest and meanest things about my aunt and uncle on her Twitter. She is very dramatic and "emotional" and sometimes I am shocked by the things she says and the foul language she uses. That being said, I think much of what Sierra has tweeted is to be expected for a girl her age in this day and age, but I have to admit I was pretty appalled with some of the things she tweeted. Frequent use of the "n" word, all the talk about drugs, the music she listened to, etc. Maybe it's a regional thing, but she does seem to be more into the whole "gangsta" kind of lifestyle which I'm not sure we can say all teenage girls are into.

I think that is what makes her seem so essentially naive to me. If she had any close up and personal experience with racism, domestic violence or anything like that, I doubt she would post such things.

I think it's because she really doesn't understand what all the implications of what she tweeted really are that she could regard them as acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases