Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #14 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the exact year of the Jetta? I have a found a couple interesting things but need to know the year.

All i have actually read from news outlets was that its a mid 90's.. I want to say i heard 96 somewhere but have nothing to back that one up....
still looking though

The Morgan Hill, CA violent crime rate is 64% less than the California average and 56% less than the national average.
The Hollister, CA violent crime rate is 19% greater than the California average and 45% greater than the national average.
http://www.areavibes.com/hollister-ca/crime/

Look at the difference in violent crime rates of Hollister and Morgan Hill. Interesting that they singled out San Benito County.

Does anyone know the exact year of the Jetta? I have a found a couple interesting things but need to know the year.

Investigators believe Sierra may have been kidnapped in the mid-1990s Jetta after reviewing surveillance footage that repeatedly captured the vehicle in locations key to the LaMar case ...
http://watsonville.patch.com/articl...disappearance-to-undergo-forensic-examination

Doesn't seem to be anything more about what year... please tell of interesting things you've found..

Thankfully, she was not found dead in the trunk. I wish we would find out more about that car, who owned it and where it has been recently.

Maybe the car was a stolen car and that is why the police know who the owner is, but are still looking for leads from the public in terms of seeing anyone driving it in or around Morgan Hill.

If this car, that was confiscated, is the one that Sierra left in (voluntarily or not), it could have been a stolen car as of March 16, which leaves so many unanswered questions in terms of who had it on that day.

Once discovered, PD could run the plate immediately and see if it was listed as a stolen car. They could still contact the registered owner for information and leads, but would still have no clue who stole it and if that person or person(s) had something to do with SL disappearing.

Of course, as my 14 year old son said yesterday, "how do you know that even if it the car was listed as stolen, that the registered owner (aka the perpetrator) didn't make that part of his plan. You know, he could have reported the car as stolen, so that if there were any witnesses that saw his car on the day (March 16) of the plan, he could always plead that it wasn't him because the car had been stolen".

Hmmm...future web sleuth maybe?

Cardoza said the sheriff's office has determined that the*attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl in San Jose the evening of March*23 is not related to Sierra's disappearance. (This was the attempted abduction with the red compact car.)
http://watsonville.patch.com/articl...disappearance-to-undergo-forensic-examination

Also they singled out San Benito County. That is south of MH and very rural, and includes Hollister. Nothing much happens in that county other than farming, and some ranches and slight tourism.
There was supposedly a tip stating that a female who looked like Sierra was hitchhiking near Hollister. Watsonville is 27 miles from Hollister.
http://unioncity.patch.com/articles/missing-teen-sierra-lamar-spotted-at-watsonville-fruit-stand

Cardoza said the sheriff's office has determined that the*attempted kidnapping of a 16-year-old girl in San Jose the evening of March*23 is not related to Sierra's disappearance. (This was the attempted abduction with the red compact car.)

Please note (BBM)
"Cardoza said the sheriff's office is still looking into whether two attempted abductions in Walnut Creek in mid-March could be linked to the Sierra LaMar case.

In the Walnut Creek case, a man driving a faded red older-model compact sedan tried twice in two days to lure a 13-year-old girl into his car.

IIRC some old geezer was stalking this 13-year old and may have tried to stun gun her...
may explain why the question of urine came up some threads back...

So, what, we're supposed to believe that "late model red sedan" is the new white van? Seems like a really big coincidence. Oh wait, I don't believe in them...

It is hard to tell what the story is on the Jetta. It is absolutely critical that they get a search warrant before the car is searched. Otherwise, evidence found could be inadmissible. There will probably be a complete information "black-out" until a thorough search has been done and the basic forensics have been completed. What we can probably assume is that the owner has not been located or if the owner has been found, he or she doesn’t claims to have had reasonable explanation for being in the area and denies involvement in the disappearance. If that were the case, we would expect a search with consent.

A problem with vehicles in that area is that there are many Illegal Aliens who cannot get drivers licenses or register vehicles but still need transportation to get to work. It seems we California hate Illegals being here but we like getting the crops in, the lawns mowed the hotel rooms cleaned etc. This ambiguity creates a headache for law enforcement. Every cop knows that a lot of the cars on the road are unregistered (and therefore untraceable) yet any serious attempt to crack down on unregistered vehicles could lead to serious economic consequences. (Think fruit rotting on the trees). Because of this, there tends to be a "flexible" approach to vehicles that are unregistered because the owners cannot legally register them. If this Jetta was found in a parking lot and was not currently registered and the last registered owner reported a transfer of ownership months or years ago, it will be difficult to trace. Still, there will be people who know of the car and who has been driving it during the last few months. The key is finding these folks and getting them to co-operate.

Investigators believe Sierra may have been kidnapped in the mid-1990s Jetta after reviewing surveillance footage that repeatedly captured the vehicle in locations key to the LaMar case ...

Doesn't seem to be anything more about what year... please tell of interesting things you've found..

Apparently Jettas have a following - found several forums with photos of red Jettas with black hoods. Looks like some of the Jettas came this way originally while others have been modified with black hoods. I had found a photo of a red jetta with a black hood that was being sold sometime ago with 2 people that would not show their faces and one was flashing what looked to be a gang sign. Looks like these cars may attract the younger generation of car enthusiasts. I don't think it's the same car now though as I compare them.

My own gut thought this car is owned by a teenager or younger 20 something person (possibly 30's) that has been trying to do some custom modifications to the car.I don't see it as being owned by an older person like a mom or grandma, or even an older man unless it was in their name for their child. Someone who babies their car would also not be likely to just lend it out. This car looks like a car that might be popular to steal (although why it would still be on the street is a mystery given how it stands out with the black hood) IMHO.

I am going to ask my 2 20 something kids about this car and get their opinions. They buy and sell alot of cars. Who knows they may have even seen this car for sale at one time. They are into cars alot.

So, what, we're supposed to believe that "late model red sedan" is the new white van? Seems like a really big coincidence. Oh wait, I don't believe in them...

I only see mention of a red Jetta .... consistent with the
"Cardoza said the sheriff's office is still looking into whether two attempted abductions in Walnut Creek in mid-March could be linked to the Sierra LaMar case.

In the Walnut Creek case, a man driving a faded red older-model compact sedan tried twice in two days to lure a 13-year-old girl into his car."

I would be most surprised if this perp is not involved in taking Sierra.

Apparently Jettas have a following - found several forums with photos of red Jettas with black hoods. Looks like some of the Jettas came this way originally while others have been modified with black hoods. I had found a photo of a red jetta with a black hood that was being sold sometime ago with 2 people that would not show their faces and one was flashing what looked to be a gang sign. Looks like these cars may attract the younger generation of car enthusiasts. I don't think it's the same car now though as I compare them.

My own gut thought this car is owned by a teenager or younger 20 something person (possibly 30's) that has been trying to do some custom modifications to the car.I don't see it as being owned by an older person like a mom or grandma, or even an older man unless it was in their name for their child. Someone who babies their car would also not be likely to just lend it out. This car looks like a car that might be popular to steal (although why it would still be on the street is a mystery given how it stands out with the black hood) IMHO.

I am going to ask my 2 20 something kids about this car and get their opinions. They buy and sell alot of cars. Who knows they may have even seen this car for sale at one time. They are into cars alot.

BBM

Wonder if the red body with black hood color is a gang sign?

BBM

Wonder if the red body with black hood color is a gang sign?

Maybe black and red is a gang motif?

eta;
Clothing color and style sometime serve to identify each gang. * For example, with African-American gangs, the color red stands for “Bloods,” blue for “Crips.” * Black and dark or dull colors tend to be favored by some Hispanic gangs and white Heavy Metal groups. *
http://hollister.ca.gov/Site/html/community/gang_serious.asp

This man sounds worried he will get framed for something he didn't do, but the video on youtube, says it all. He saw two men standing by that jetta, describes them as appearing to be career criminals and he's putting a white piece of paper by "Bailey" where he saw them. I do not know at this time if LE has been notified of this video...someone, if you are in the area, PLEASE DO SO.

sierra lamar kidnappers car sighting on bailey possibly weeks after? 2 men - YouTube

He offers more info here. http://youtu.be/TVM8l7-9HRc

There are some guys in a few of Sierras twitter pics that are flashing a sign. i tried to see if the sign was a Norteno (or Sortino) the red definatly goes with the Norteno gang, but i cant tell about the hand gestures. The only thing that would make me think they would not be part of a gang isthat none of the guys in her pic are wearing red... so idk.....

Ok, I can put this one to rest. In regards to the hood on the flyer, there is nothing cynical about it. I am the one who took the original flyer and photoshopped it early yesterday morning and distributed it out to the media so that the would have a more accurate visual of what everyone was supposed to be on the lookout for. This was done before the news that the car was found. That's it. Just turns out that about 3 hours after I did it LE announced they had found it.

Brilliant! While the rest of us were sitting around going "wha??!!!!" you were taking actual steps to forward the investigation.

I salute you.

After googling gangs and Hollister, Nortenos do seem to be the main gang in San Benito County area. And as mentioned above, Red and Black are their colors.

I sure would like to know how long it has been in possession of LE. Did they find it abandoned in a shopping parking lot? If not, they had to obtain a SW from a Judge to legally seize anyone's vehicle to bring it to the LE impound yard.

I am hoping they have had it for sometime for the vehicle looks awfully clean and that would give the potential suspect 2 months to detail the car over and over again.

IMO

Me, I wonder if it was impounded some time ago and LE just realised they already had the vehicle.

Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

This man sounds worried he will get framed for something he didn't do, but the video on youtube, says it all. He saw two men standing by that jetta, describes them as appearing to be career criminals and he's putting a white piece of paper by "Bailey" where he saw them. I do not know at this time if LE has been notified of this video...someone, if you are in the area, PLEASE DO SO.

Very interesting. So, I watched it twice and I don't know if I missed something, but why would this guy telling police he saw the car and can provide a description of the possible drivers mean that he could be framed? He was just a witness, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman