Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see a photo of Sierra's purse/back pack, but I can't remember- did it perhaps have little zippered pockets on the front? Where you could place money (or whatever) without really going into the purse?
RE: Marlene- I feel she's being honest. IF LE has asked her not to mention certain things, to her that could be considered lying, thus the hesitations and so-called "evasiveness." That would probably be my reaction, since I tend to be painfully honest (but usually tactful.)
Here in the real northern California, school districts vary, as far as open campus. The HS at the county seat has open campus, but the majority don't, simply because we're very rural, and there's no close place to go for lunch in the time allotted.
I must admit, I've not read every Sierra post yet, I have been following on a different blog, so I probably missed something. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

Personally, I wish there were separate threads for people just wanting to send prayers or good thoughts, in all of these cases...I see that a post has been added to a thread and get excited that maybe there is news, but it is so often a wish for the best or prayers being sent. Anyway, I know that sounds really grinchy but I am always looking for anything new in these cases...JMO

Agreed. It's a given that we wish the family well.

I like to read all ideas... it's a learning experience and a good way to see perspectives from other viewpoints. I have changed my mind along the way when reading other members' theories, etc. There are always angles to sleuth even when LE and MSM information is scant. It's all in the details.

I am sure that is all it is...
Just curious what else was already in the bag, I guess...wish someone had asked her about it. JMO

BBM: Exactly ! Reporters and interviewers just do NOT know how to ask good follow-up questions any more ...

JMO but the ONLY "hardball questions" directed to Marlene were by Nancy Grace ... and you can "bet your boots" that Marlene will NOT be on her show again ... and when Nancy does a good interview, she gets "credit" in my book ...

So ... when Marlene put the lunch $$$$$ in the bag that morning, she must have at least seen "something" in the bag ... Yes, it is completely POSSIBLE that Sierra removed and/or added items to the bag AFTER Marlene put the $$$$$ in there ...

And according to Marlene, LE did NOT show her the bag and the items found ...

snippets from : http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/n...view/143967166

Reporter: Can you tell us what your reaction is to the latest announcement of the discovery of your daughters clothes?

Marlene: Well, this is, you know, it's been real, you know, up to this point, but- just, very convicting that there is- there's something not right about this whole situation. You know, as far as her being gone this long and finding the items- it's terrifying. You know? I try not to think bad things and, just- you know, please, you know- keep your strength, baby. I know you have it in you to survive this.

Reporter: The fact that her clothing was folded up in her bag, does that say to you that she was preparing to go somewhere, maybe?

Marlene: I-I, I have no idea. You know, I haven't seen the item- I haven't seen the bag or the items. So, I can't really comment on that. You know, as far as the condition is was- to give you feedback about that.

This is what is puzzling to me : Marlene puts lunch money in the bag the morning Sierra goes missing but yet when the Handbag is found, LE does NOT show Marlene the Handbag and the items found ?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... WHY wouldn't they show it to her ?

And JMO, but a good reporter should have asked Marlene a follow-up question as to WHY didn't LE show her the bag and the items in the bag when they were found ...

All JMO and MOO ...

:moo:

Red Jetta Still the Focus of Sierra Lamar Investigation

KRON 4 News
By: Brian Shields
Mon, 14 May 2012 19:43:23 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Forensic experts continue to scour a red Volkswagon Jetta with a black hood named as an important clue in the search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar.

Now KRON 4 News has learned authorities had the car in question in impound even before they put out an alert asking for the public's held in finding it.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio._ "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area._ It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest._ They believed this red Jetta was associated."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4125

BBM: Exactly ! Reporters and interviewers just do NOT know how to ask good follow-up questions any more ...

JMO but the ONLY "hardball questions" directed to Marlene were by Nancy Grace ... and you can "bet your boots" that Marlene will NOT be on her show again ... and when Nancy does a good interview, she gets "credit" in my book ...

So ... when Marlene put the lunch $$$$$ in the bag that morning, she must have at least seen "something" in the bag ... Yes, it is completely POSSIBLE that Sierra removed and/or added items to the bag AFTER Marlene put the $$$$$ in there ...

And according to Marlene, LE did NOT show her the bag and the items found ...

snippets from : http://www.nbcbayarea.com/video/#!/n...view/143967166

Reporter: Can you tell us what your reaction is to the latest announcement of the discovery of your daughters clothes?

Marlene: Well, this is, you know, it's been real, you know, up to this point, but- just, very convicting that there is- there's something not right about this whole situation. You know, as far as her being gone this long and finding the items- it's terrifying. You know? I try not to think bad things and, just- you know, please, you know- keep your strength, baby. I know you have it in you to survive this.

Reporter: The fact that her clothing was folded up in her bag, does that say to you that she was preparing to go somewhere, maybe?

Marlene: I-I, I have no idea. You know, I haven't seen the item- I haven't seen the bag or the items. So, I can't really comment on that. You know, as far as the condition is was- to give you feedback about that.

This is what is puzzling to me : Marlene puts lunch money in the bag the morning Sierra goes missing but yet when the Handbag is found, LE does NOT show Marlene the Handbag and the items found ?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... WHY wouldn't they show it to her ?

And JMO, but a good reporter should have asked Marlene a follow-up question as to WHY didn't LE show her the bag and the items in the bag when they were found ...

All JMO and MOO ...

Very good points, DGC.
To that I would add that as long as Marlene felt that to be sure Sierra carried money with her and put that in the bag, you'd have thought she would notice there was no inhaler in there and be sure to pack that for her, too.

But, really you covered it. She saw the bag. But, couldn't be shown the bag later to ID by LE. To be asked what was different about the contents?
Heck couldn't even be told about it when it was found!

If only there was a good reporter and not just "news readers" these days.
But then again, sometimes they are only as good as the information they
are given.

I was reading earlier tweets by Karina Rusk, talking about LE already having the car before Monday. And then reading her reports from earlier in the week when she was asking for people to help LE in "locating" the car.

Red Jetta Still the Focus of Sierra Lamar Investigation

KRON 4 News
By: Brian Shields
Mon, 14 May 2012 19:43:23 -0800

MORGAN HILL (KRON) -- Forensic experts continue to scour a red Volkswagon Jetta with a black hood named as an important clue in the search for missing teenager Sierra Lamar.

Now KRON 4 News has learned authorities had the car in question in impound even before they put out an alert asking for the public's held in finding it.

"This red Jetta was known to investigators early on in the investigation at the end of March," Santa Clara County Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza tells KRON 4's Terisa Estacio._ "There are other vehicles that we knew of at the time that were seen by a witness or the surveillance video that we obtained that were also in the area._ It wasn't until recently, the last couple of weeks based on some re-interviews and some tips and leads that came in that really piqued the detectives' interest._ They believed this red Jetta was associated."

http://www.kron4.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4125

This article says the clothes were a "spare" set...sigh...

Very good points, DGC.
To that I would add that as long as Marlene felt that to be sure Sierra carried money with her and put that in the bag, you'd have thought she would notice there was no inhaler in there and be sure to pack that for her, too.

But, really you covered it. She saw the bag. But, couldn't be shown the bag later to ID by LE. To be asked what was different about the contents?
Heck couldn't even be told about it when it was found!

are given.

I was reading earlier tweets by Karina Rusk, talking about LE already having the car before Monday. And then reading her reports from earlier in the week when she was asking for people to help LE in "locating" the car.

IMO, it is the reporters...every time I see an interview, follow-up questions are pouring out of me with every statement the person makes. I think the problem is the reporters have their questions listed out already and have no imagination and don't even think to vary from their script. It is frustrating and less than professional, IMO. May as well have a robot ask questions.

IMO, it is the reporters...every time I see an interview, follow-up questions are pouring out of me with every statement the person makes. I think the problem is the reporters have their questions listed out already and have no imagination and don't even think to vary from their script. It is frustrating and less than professional, IMO. May as well have a robot ask questions.

Of course, I totally agree Clu.
It would help tremendously if there were a reporter assigned to the case
who was following it, knowledgeable, and able to think on their feet to
adjust their questions to the answers.

I find some of these articles from a station are every one bylined by different people who have no context of what their last reporter wrote or asked.
It's frustrating because as you say, we are brimming with questions we are asking at home, that go unasked and unanswered.

JMO and MOO ...

According to the TOS, it is allowed to have an "opposing viewpoint" or an "opposing opinion" than what is considered to be the "popular opinion" ... However, what is NOT allowed is to violate the TOS ...

So with that being said, IMO, there are inconsistencies in Marlene's statements and interviews, especially her interviews with NG on 3-23-12 and 4-6-12 ... as well as IMO, I find her to be very "evasive" to some points that I consider "important" ...

Again, all JMO and MOO ...:moo:

Here is the Link to Timeline : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7711688/

And a HUGE THANKS to askfornina for this Timeline !!!

This works well too:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

This works well too:

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

:seeya: I like reading "opposing viewpoints" ... I like to see a "good discussion" ... :fence:

Oh, and no one "bothers" me ... and I block no one because IMO, that serves no purpose as you could miss something important the person has to say ... all views are interesting to read and ponder even if I disagree ... 'cause ya never know !

One thing : the "bottom line" is everyone is here for the same reason, and that is to find Sierra !

:seeya: :moo:

Of course, I totally agree Clu.
It would help tremendously if there were a reporter assigned to the case
who was following it, knowledgeable, and able to think on their feet to
adjust their questions to the answers.

I find some of these articles from a station are every one bylined by different people who have no context of what their last reporter wrote or asked.
It's frustrating because as you say, we are brimming with questions we are asking at home, that go unasked and unanswered.

I know...I emailed a few reporters a few weeks back, and the ones who replied told me "this is the only article I did on this case, so I don't really know the whole story." Are you kidding me!! "Reporters" is the key word I guess, they simply report what they are told.

Very good points, DGC.

Heck couldn't even be told about it when it was found
!

are given.

BBM:

:seeya: Yes, the inhaler is very imporant ... I am glad you mentioned it because it is critical for Sierra to have that inhaler with her at all times because of her asthma ... so did Marlene make sure the inhaler was packed in the bag ? Will have to re-check the Timeline again for that ...

JMO, but I still find it "odd" that LE did NOT show Marlene the bag and its contents WHEN it was found ... that was crucial as she saw that bag that morning !

I know...I emailed a few reporters a few weeks back, and the ones who replied told me "this is the only article I did on this case, so I don't really know the whole story." Are you kidding me!! "Reporters" is the key word I guess, they simply report what they are told.

:what::what:

:banghead::banghead:

:moo::moo:

I thought it was usually LE policy not to share everything with the family. Like, I remember families in other cases annoyed because they weren't allowed to see evidence or anything found or even receive details or updates on the investigation. I wouldn't hold that against Marlene or think she is lying about something dealing with LE not showing her the purse. I am not sure she would even have known the contents of the purse by just throwing some money in and zipping. I can literally do that without even looking at my Purse. I am doubting she rummaged through it.

I don't know-I guess I just don't understand the problem with the lunch money ha ha. I AM still bothered by the inconsistent timeline and still not knowing when he left that morning. That bothers me more than anything else.

BBM:

:seeya: Yes, the inhaler is very imporant ... I am glad you mentioned it because it is critical for Sierra to have that inhaler with her at all times because of her asthma ... so did Marlene make sure the inhaler was packed in the bag ? Will have to re-check the Timeline again for that ...

JMO, but I still find it "odd" that LE did NOT show Marlene the bag and its contents WHEN it was found ... that was crucial as she saw that bag that morning !

Marlene indicted early on that Sierra left her inhaler at home that day.

Marlene indicted early on that Sierra left her inhaler at home that day.

I wonder if she had one in her locker.
Seems unlikely she would have only one, but her mother would know. Maybe she did, and seeing it was startling.

But then, if she DID make it out the door, which seems quite possible, why would she forget the inhaler this of all days?

So many ??

BBM:

When Cardoza announced on the following Thursday that the Juicy bag was found the prior Sunday, he said the four days were used to confirm with the family that the items belonged to Sierra. I specifically remember that. On the NG show when Marlene said she hadn't seen the contents of the bag, I thought to myself, "Not true, that was the hold-up on revealing when the bag was found."

When Cardoza announced on the following Thursday that the Juicy bag was found the prior Sunday, he said the four days were used to confirm with the family that the items belonged to Sierra. I specifically remember that. On the NG show when Marlene said she hadn't seen the contents of the bag, I thought to myself, "Not true, that was the hold-up on revealing when the bag was found."

How on earth could it take four days to figure out if it was hers, lol...

And how long did it take to announce the "lab results"??

I could have sworn they said in that first PC, when they said they had found the bag, that they had already had it tested, but that nothing useful was provided. But then, what, a month later, they had forensics back from something that they said might help them ID a suspect in the future. Maybe they were talking about the video and the car at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState