Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #15 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...this would include name calling and labeling people? Law enforcement and family are liars, controlling, etc ...

(there is a difference between personalizing and giving examples of past experiences and calling out law enforcement and family as liars.)

Oh here we go.

Law enforcement always tells the truth. Families of victims always tells the truth.

We know the above is not the not always the case, so what of it?

Why is there a Websleuth at all, since everyone involved in every case is always open and honest?

<modsnip>If Marlene was leaving and it was six a.m., Sierra may have had the inhaler with her rather than in her purse. We lack the information as to the number of inhalers in the house.

I would really welcome the opinions of others on this: no mention was made once the bag was discovered, that there was money inside. "Other items" were mentioned once. Because there was no reference to money, I have always felt that there had<modsnip>

Her mother is quoted as saying, she didn't have her inhalers. Plural.

...[/QUOTE]"Hmmm ... Sheriff used the word "suspicions" ...

And as far as I know, it is NOT against the TOS to have "suspicions" regarding a case ...

JMO and MOO ...[/QUOTE]"

That was my thoughts too. I can't get past thinking that something did happen in the house, before she even left for school and the bag/cell phone was after the fact.

OK, I didn't see that. I think I may have misinterpreted what was in the beginning of the topic. I also believe that LE did make a statement that they "cleared" the ex-husband. Marlene (Sierra's mother) was very defensive in that interview regarding the boyfriend, even saying that they were alone in the house that morning before later admitting that the boyfriend was there.

Hopefully it was just a very poor strategy to focus the public's attention on other possible leads on a recommendation from LE.

In the beginning when Steve's RSO status became known, Marlene was equally as adamant as she was re the BF. The most she has ever said publicly re her ex was on AMW. Marlene is clearly the family spokesperson.

Again, SOP for LE generally covers everyone until such time as a POI is identified. When i heard papers rustling in the background after NG asked Sheriff Smith questions, that cast doubt on how familiar Smith was with the day-to-day machinations of the case.

LE has said so little to date. When they do speak, it just opens up more questions fom the public, IMHO.

I am really not sure how much stock should be put into the inhaler comments by Marlene. Unless she rifled through Sierra's bag and knew exactly how many inhalers she had, it's hard to say. I don't think she micromanaged Sierra or kept that close of tabs on her to know. JMO.

hmm ...just wanna throw a question out- has it ever been mentioned if they went to church any where, or if Sierra could have been involved with a church youth group?

hmm ...just wanna throw a question out- has it ever been mentioned if they went to church any where, or if Sierra could have been involved with a church youth group?

Never heard or read anything about church, nor that SL was in a church youth group.

and another thought if I may- does Sierra have any grandparents?

Finally have caught up boy nerves are getting testy this morning I see.
You know whenever I post something I try and keep one thing in mind that I learned from the Laci case.
I try to refrain from anything that any of the victims family might see here. The reason is tis is a public forum and they can read here even if not a member. I try and put myself in their shoes. Knowing they are hurting not knowing what has happened.
Yes we have one common goal here Figuring out where is Sierra and what happened.
JMHO

and another thought if I may- does Sierra have any grandparents?

There has been discussion here about Marlene's heritage, but don't know if there are grandparents on either side who are living or reside locally. A cousin of Sierra's posts on Twitter. RG's mother recently died. Other than that, have no clue. Great question!

So many posters like to personalize these case elements to make it about them. Then when you point out things about the case, all the people who have made it about them, feel slighted. When in truth, it is not about them, but about the case.

If she is capable as you say, and no doubt she was of unzipping the bag to add make up or personal items then she would also be capable of unzipping her bag to put in money.

But, as long as her mother felt she needed to put the money directly into her purse for her, I would think that making sure she had her inhalers was at least as important as making sure she had lunch money, if not MORE so.

This I would think would be "routine" as she likes to say.
Put money in, check for inhaler, boom, done.

It's an inconsistency.

However, human beings are demonstrably inconsistent and even irrational in their daily habits. Marlene was focused on one thing, not on a whole list of possibilities.

For example, try asking a bunch of people what time it is right after you have observed them looking at their watch. In the vast majority of cases, the person has to look at their watch again to give you the time.

The reason why is because they weren't really checking what time it was; they were checking to see if they had enough time for something, to see if they were running late or some other objective that is relative to time, rather than the time itself.

In the case of Marlene and the money, she's thinking about lunch money, so she puts the money in Sierra's purse. She's not thinking about Sierra's asthma or about what Sierra may be carrying (why not check for drugs and paraphernalia as well?) or any of a myriad of other things. She has a chore, making sure Sierra will have lunch money, and she carries out that chore.

And I'm still saying Marlene should give me the lunch money.

BBM: NOT according to Sheriff Smith ... and as of this post, there has been NO further info from Sheriff Smith as to wether or not anyone has been cleared ...

Snipped from : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/06/ng.01.html

GRACE: We are back and taking your calls in the search for 15-year- old Sierra Lamar. To Sheriff Laurie Smith, Santa Clara county sheriff.

Sheriff, explain to me what is the issue with the live-in boyfriend?

SMITH: We`ve talked with him. We`re continuing the investigation. Until Sierra`s home safely, we`re not eliminating anybody, and any new information that we get or any new suspicions we get, we will absolutely totally follow up.

Hmmm ... Sheriff used the word "suspicions" ...

And as far as I know, it is NOT against the TOS to have "suspicions" regarding a case ...

JMO and MOO ...

OK, Here's where the confusion came in: (all from CA Sierra Lamar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 timeline and media thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community)
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/...a4bcf6878.html

March 21 more @ link.

LaMar&#8217;s mother Marlene and her boyfriend Rick Gardiner, as well as the teen&#8217;s father Steve LaMar have all been ruled out as suspects, according to Smith.

&#8220;The entire family has fully cooperated with our agency,&#8221; Smith said. &#8220;All of the family (mother, father, Gardiner) have alibis and can be accounted for at the time Sierra went missing.&#8221;

The exact quote is a little narrower than "cleared"...
Of course, in the Nancy Grace interview he says that no-one has been cleared. And that was about two weeks later.

I think that it was the very straightforward statement from the ex that led me to believe that he was cleared... plus I believe that Sierra's sister was with him that evening / day.

There has been discussion here about Marlene's heritage, but don't know if there are grandparents on either side who are living or reside locally. A cousin of Sierra's posts on Twitter. RG's mother recently died. Other than that, have no clue. Great question!

I have no link, but did read that ML's mother has passed, but her father is living and lives in Fremont, I believe. I've not seen any reference to SL's (the father) parents.

Divers to search for Sierra

Morgan Hill Times
Updated: 11:23 am, Tue May 15, 2012.
by Michael Moore Staff Writer

Sheriff&#8217;s office plans to send divers into local waterways to search for Sierra LaMar and received some tips in response to Friday night&#8217;s airing of a segment on the missing Morgan Hill teen on &#8220;America&#8217;s Most Wanted.&#8221;*

In response to some anomalous sonar images that cast shadow-looking shapes on the bottoms of Anderson, Coyote and Almaden reservoirs last week, the Santa Clara County sheriff&#8217;s office dive team plans to go into the water and more closely examine the objects, according to sheriff&#8217;s Sgt. Jose Cardoza.*

The images picked up by the side-scan sonar devices last week don&#8217;t necessarily indicate the presence of Sierra&#8217;s remains or evidence in the case, but they are unusual enough for authorities to take a closer look.*

&#8220;They don&#8217;t know for sure until they send in actual divers,&#8221; Cardoza said.*

The dive schedule is tentative, Cardoza added, but they planned to dive into Coyote today, Anderson on Wednesday and Almaden on Thursday.

more
http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...cle_f62ee270-9e29-11e1-b014-0019bb30f31a.html

Same article in the Gilroy Dispatch
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_a308c31a-95b3-5407-8142-f1b44e80a6a6.html

Regarding post #312

This may have been discussed before, but in case it hasn't been:

The Sheriff's Office media spokesperson referred to as "Smith said, ... is Sgt Troy Smith. He and Sheriff Laurie Smith have the same last name but are not related.

Again, I'll say it, quite honestly I am surprised that they haven't found anyone else in all these bodies of water they've been searching....

Again, I'll say it, quite honestly I am surprised that they haven't found anyone else in all these bodies of water they've been searching....

Or automobiles or weapons of any kind.

I do think they did find some vehicles- or one- can't recall where...remember some blurb about checking it out...now which lake was that in relation to...maybe one of those Coyote creek lakes?

I don't want to sound gruesome, but I imagine they would be looking for something a body could be in, like a duffel type bag or a container of sorts...maybe??

aha! found link- http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8624669

snipped- Tuesday, divers found two cars in the Ojeer ponds.
"We want to determine and make sure they've been there; we'll take a look at them and make sure they've been there quite a while," Sheriff's Department Sgt. Don Ray said.

I hope that the "tips" are not just attempts at misdirecting the energies of the police department. I know it is standard procedure to accept all anonymous tips, but these cases really bring the unstable personalities out into the light. If they are expending so much of their resource base on the basis of some unsubstantiated and un-provenienced claims, I have serious concerns about their methodology. If I were the perp, I would happily send in tips to make sure the LE was as far away from whatever evidence I might have hidden. I am just curious to know if any consideration of the context of the information is taken into consideration. I see it as being highly circumspect if a bunch of people know information about a crime that was supposedly done by one or two people. If it is more than two, you would think someone would have leaked something significant by now.

I hope that the "tips" are not just attempts at misdirecting the energies of the police department. I know it is standard procedure to accept all anonymous tips, but these cases really bring the unstable personalities out into the light. If they are expending so much of their resource base on the basis of some unsubstantiated and un-provenienced claims, I have serious concerns about their methodology. If I were the perp, I would happily send in tips to make sure the LE was as far away from whatever evidence I might have hidden. I am just curious to know if any consideration of the context of the information is taken into consideration. I see it as being highly circumspect if a bunch of people know information about a crime that was supposedly done by one or two people. If it is more than two, you would think someone would have leaked something significant by now.
I hope LE is knowledgeable enough, especially the FBI, at discerning facts from wild goose chases, but then again, insignificant tips could yield to a solid clue. No matter, LE is extremely quiet about the case. Surely, the Jetta netted valuable information one way or the other. Why aren't news reporters asking LE pointed questions?

My feeling is this was a lone perp. Historically, when more than one person is involved in a crime, one will "rat out" the other eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur