Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another side by side.

eafcs8.jpg

5l412o.jpg

I didn't think it looked like him at first, but this makes it much clearer!

From the link above:

In March 2009, there were three assaults in the Morgan Hill area. Forensic evidence leads investigators to believe Garcia-Torres committed at least one of them, Smith said.

If 2009 is correct that would make the suspect 18 or possibly 17 yrs old at the time..How many 'teens' actually commit this type of crime I wonder..And again, when did they make this connection I want to know!

And one intended victim guessed his age to be late 20s to early 30s... and I believe she was 18 herself. Crazy she would be that far off.

Reports have mentioned that a "taser" was used in the previous attack(s) but I am wondering if it was really a "stun gun" . . . tasers are the ones with the projectile electrical wires that can be shot from a bit of distance (IIRC) and stun guns are where they must come in direct contact with the victim. I could be wrong but I thought there was a distinction between the two.

The Safeway parking lot incidents are interesting if it was him that is linked to a previous assault there. I would like to know if Sierra and/or her mom ever shopped there? Maybe he was watching people in the parking lot, saw her, followed her home to see where she lived. Or maybe he saw her waiting for the bus.

I also am now thinking about those tweets from Sierra regarding the car outside her home. What if it was this Jetta and this guy was watching and waiting for her? Learned her schedule. Sierra seems pretty feisty and she seemed annoyed that there this car she kept seeing. What if that morning, she left for her walk to the bus stop and saw this guy outside her driveway and went up to the car to ask him what he was doing or what he wanted and then he just grabbed her?

This is exactly what I think happened. Looking at the map, unless he lived nearby or was stalking her, it's a odd location to be at so early in the morning. JMO

Do we know his address and how close it is to SL's home?

Can someone please remind me of the street name where Sierra was kidnapped? TIA

Dogs lost her sent at the end of her driveway at Paquita Espana Court, if you look on google maps her house is the one at the end of the cul-de-sac. Bus stop was at Palm and Doherty, I believe.

He was arrested, he is in the system. The link is on the last thread. He is being held on NO BAIL murder charge as well as kidnapping.

Where was bail mentioned?

Bail terms aren't usually disclosed until the arraignment.

Update-female from Sheriff's office speaking:

-we've talked to him multiple times, but last night was first custodial interview

-he has told us nothing about Sierra or her whereabouts

IMO, he is ICE.

Can anyone remember when the first water searches were conducted?

And, if I have my information correct, they took the Jetta into police custody on the 28th of March?

I am sure he did not drive around with her nude body in his car for very long. I am afraid her body is very near her home and not far from where her clothes were found. Is that near any of the water spots they searched? jmo

Do we know his address and how close it is to SL's home?
The sheriff stated that he did not live near SL, but he has been a Morgan Hill resident all of his life and would be familiar with the area.

regarding his immigration status.. if he was a "permanent resident" and was arrested for an aggravated felony and served anything more than 1 year in prison, he would have been deported upon completion of his sentence.

i also want to point out, the pic of him without the goatee was from his myspace page, in an album dated december 23rd, 2007 (4 1/2 years ago), which would have made him 16 or so (at the oldest) at the time the pics were posted.

Reports have mentioned that a "taser" was used in the previous attack(s) but I am wondering if it was really a "stun gun" . . . tasers are the ones with the projectile electrical wires that can be shot from a bit of distance (IIRC) and stun guns are where they must come in direct contact with the victim. I could be wrong but I thought there was a distinction between the two.

the article I linked upstream said stun gun (hold on will bump)

Can anyone remember when the first water searches were conducted?

And, if I have my information correct, they took the Jetta into police custody on the 28th of March?

dna came back 3/28 - Jetta into custody 4/7

I am sure he did not drive around with her nude body in his car for very long. I am afraid her body is very near her home and not far from where her clothes were found. Is that near any of the water spots they searched? jmo

maybe she wasn't nude while in the car and he placed that bag there after he did whatever he did.

Is there an aerial photo of her hoUse and the bus stop? TIA

My thoughts would be that *if* he had used a taser on Sierra to get her into the car, I would think that Sierra would have gone somewhat, if not totally limp and therefore, she likely would have dropped something she was carrying...like her bag, cell etc., right there...where she was tasered.

Anyone know how incapacitated someone can be when tasered?

Edited to add....

I'm wondering if perhaps, since the sheriff stated that she had tossed/discarded...then, corrected that statement, to something along the lines of her having discarded what she normally would have taken with her.....if that means that for whatever reasons there may be, they feel that Sierra may have been forced to get rid of these items and likely alert at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson