Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No contact at all between Sierra and accused via social networks-Facebook, Tumbler, etc.

No knowledge right now that accused knew Sierra or her friends, etc.

Re a Confession: He did not disclose any info about Sierra nor her whereabouts, but he was not combative.

Wasn't it a risk not arresting him for so long after they had a DNA match? Is it possible he could have thought his time might be up soon and harmed his wife and child? I know his type of crime is different to that, but still.... risky imo.
So so glad they have got him now though. What a psycho.

Maybe they had to establish that the two didn't know each other. Because if they did, that could be an innocent reason for his DNA on her clothes. I trust LE had good reason to wait.

Since he was on 24 hr survellience and they arrested him in the Safeway parking lot, and they admitted they arrested him for public safety . . . I think they believe he was in the process of attempting to commit another kidnapping and attempted rape and/or murder.

Interesting that the 41-43 missing young girls - did any of them go missing from their cars? Were their cars found @ safeway or somewhere else? Seems his MO was to jump in the back seat of a car to stun gun and then attack the 3 other victims @ safeway, he must have been getting bolder to abduct Sierra on her way to a bus stop (no car to hide in).

I think this sketch and Torres look very similar.

Another side by side.

eafcs8.jpg

5l412o.jpg

He was in CODIS - National Database

-he was in database because of prior felony
-checked his home-found nothing that I'm aware of at this time
-he HAD worked at Safeway-he had moved from one to another several years ago
-he was in-between jobs

-we were afraid he would flee the area and then re-commit>decision to arrest

bumping up re: safeway employment

Absolutely! Looks like him except a little thinner but he could've easily gained some weight over the past year or even few months. All that guilt must have built up inside of him... then again this guy seems to show the least bit of remorse.

It seems he has a wife to feed him. taking steroids maybe he is one big dude!
reminds me of Gardner! and Joran!

When the sheriff said that his DNA was found on her property, was she referring to her personal belongings or her driveway?

SBM

She did say her "property" quite a few xs but I believe it was always re: what belonged to Sierra in the bag..I can see where there could be some confusion (her home/driveway) tho cos of how she was saying it.

BBM

Has that been confirmed? I read it in the comment section on the Find Sierra website by a supposed "relative"..This same person also claimed he willingly gave his DNA sample which now we know does not seem to be the case..I suppose he could've been told this LIE by the perp tho.

IIRC, the day the car was rreported to be in LE custody, their representative indicated they knew who the owner was and that he had voluntarily given DNA. Perhaps he did not know they already had a CODIS hit, and when they left him alone for almost 2 months, they may have convinced him he was in the clear. Wonder, if he IS married, what he told his wife about the car? WRT why police were looking for it and why it was impounded...

I am willing to bet they kept him under surveillance for so long in hopes he may lead them to an alive Sierra - or else where he put her body....

Whichever feed I was watching (ABC one) had twitter scrolling going where it said that Mark Klass asked his director to see if suspect signed up for any search areas.

Remember we were all saying on this forum for many weeks at one point "why is it so quiet" but again many posters including myself thought that it was because LE was very close, and had 'something', but did not want to make it known. As it turns out, they were monitoring the perp 24/7 from end of March.

I pray that they are able to find her, so that the family can have a proper burial and service, and they have some sort of semblance of closure. Right now no words can fully express the anger and sadness I feel. No words at all.

Since he was on 24 hr survellience and they arrested him in the Safeway parking lot, and they admitted they arrested him for public safety . . . I think they believe he was in the process of attempting to commit another kidnapping and attempted rape and/or murder.

Interesting that the 41-43 missing young girls - did any of them go missing from their cars? Were their cars found @ safeway or somewhere else? Seems his MO was to jump in the back seat of a car to stun gun and then attack the 3 other victims @ safeway, he must have been getting bolder to abduct Sierra on her way to a bus stop (no car to hide in).
Sounds like he's been trolling Safeway's parking lot for his other victims.

It's almost a straight line north from the Safeway where he was arrested to her home and where her bag was found...just go straight up Monterey. Wonder if he drove that way home and saw her walking occasionally.

Have Marlene, Rick, Steve and Danielle known all along? I know they kept saying they believed Sierra was alive, but lots of people felt they had knowledge that she was no longer alive.
ETA:
How did they match his DNA in MARCH when he wasn't in the system. They indicated that he provided DNA when they located the car and ID'd the owner...

He was in the system from a prior felony arrest. jmo

just bumping this up... I was transcribing as I heard it (I could have heard it wrong)

that being said as I was watching the presser one of the reporters tweeting in the live tweet box asked about a 2009 assault... so that may be a year to look at fwiw

I think the 2009 assault is the one that got his DNA into CODIS, but was not prosecuted.

Have Marlene, Rick, Steve and Danielle known all along? I know they kept saying they believed Sierra was alive, but lots of people felt they had knowledge that she was no longer alive.
ETA:
How did they match his DNA in MARCH when he wasn't in the system. They indicated that he provided DNA when they located the car and ID'd the owner...

bbm: they did not say he gave dna... at the presser they said there was a CODIS hit (he was entered in the system after a felony assault charge that was subsequently dropped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur