Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that citation.

That leads me to believe they're charging Murder1. Which would mean they believe they can prove premeditation.

--the fact that he was booked in on a no bail status doesn't neccessarily mean they're going for murder 1.

--anyone charged w/ murder is booked in at no bail initially.

--example---george zimmerman, charge murder 2--was booked at no bail, only getting released when his attorney requested (and "won") his release at the bail hearing.

--the fact that he was booked in on a no bail status doesn't neccessarily mean they're going for murder 1.

--example---george zimmerman, charge murder 2--was booked at no bail, only getting released when his attorney requested (and "won") his release at the bail hearing.

--Usually, yes it does.

--Depends on the jurisdiction but no, that is not SOP.

--We'll see what happens with that one.

coworker says....

The suspect worked at a Safeway store on Tennant Avenue in Morgan Hill, where he was arrested about 6 p.m. Monday. A co-worker and friend, Michael Cox, said he couldn't believe Garcia-Torres was responsible for Sierra's disappearance.

"It hurts me that my friend would be a suspect in this murder," Cox said, adding that there was "no indication that Antolin had this in him."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/22/BA1P1OLN18.DTL#ixzz1vcZSbs5k

Nope, we've had prosecutions here in the Bay Area without a body and gotten convictions. Famous one recently was Hans Reiser- insisted his wife had fled to Russia, upon sentencing he gave up the body...

What I said was there would not be much to be gained FOR HIM to "give up the body". They MAY be able to convict on what they have, but if he can create reasonable doubt that she is dead, they may only convict on kidnapping. If he gives up the corpse, he will not only be more likely to be convicted of her murder, but once the body is examined, it may reveal evidence of OTHER crimes with which he has not yet been charged, like rape, abuse of a corpse, dismemberment, etc.

FOR HIM, there is nothing to be gained and much to be lost in cooperating on this point.

I'd like to know if they've made any connection to the handcuffs and condoms that were found in that field, and what did I read about cats near the shed???:waitasec:

I believe the handcuffs/condoms were addressed as not being connected. As for the cats, Missy Williams (hotsteno) and I have corresponded via Twitter and she was going to try and capture them today. (If they are still there.) Do any of you locals know? What happened to the local who took the pictures of them? She could probably use some help if any of you are available.

I am a firm believer when the suspect is finally caught there will be more victims before the arrest. Especially with sexual predators.

And it is quite common for the assauts to esculate to murder.

I think this man has done this same thing in the past. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if he has already killed several others before Sierra.

IMO

Well, now that his photo is out there, they may get calls from people who he attacked previously, and perhaps the three women from 2009 will also recognize him.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/22/BA1P1OLN18.DTL#ixzz1vcZSbs5k

so this article says he lives with his mamma, wife, and baby in a trailer park... any chance it is that same trailer park near the lake where they were really searching at that one time??? Does anyone else recall that???? (it would have been right around the time the car was seized iirc)

I thought of that immediatly! There's quite a few trailer parks nearby though...hmmmm

I have no doubt they are going to charge him with First Degree Murder and Kidnapping (for now). The mere kidnapping charge plus the murder charge would qualify him for the death penalty. Death while in commission of another felony(kidnapping.)

Imo, he will be held without bond or the bond will be so astronomically high he will be unable to make bond.

They said they have not received all of the forensics back yet so, imo, they may still charge him with rape too.

Perp walk raw video.

Watching this I felt such violence, which is not usually like me. I thought, "Bet ya' wouldn't be so smug if this was China and they were taking you to be shot, right away, in some field." I also thought how nice it would be to take him down in some jail basement and smack the smug out of him.

Again, not like me. I'm glad we have due process and don't condone brutality, etc. But seeing that and knowing what he did to Sierra and her family, my passions have overridden my logic!

With his attitude, the folded clothes makes sense.

I bet he's an organized killer. He seems to fit the profile:
The organized offender leads an orderly life that is reflected in the way he commits his crimes. He is said to be of average to high intelligence, socially competent, and more likely than the disorganized offender to have skilled employment. In many instances, he lives with a girlfriend or is married. He may even be a father. He will plan his offense before the opportunity arises often for weeks, months, and even years before acting. He is aware of his growing compulsion to act out his murderous desire. He will typically use restraints on the victim, and bring a weapon with him, which he will then take with him when he leaves. Typically, the organized offender leaves three crime scenes: Where the victim is confronted, where the victim is killed, and where the victim's body is disposed of.
The organized killer approaches his victims by socializing with them, charming them, or tricking them into a situation where he can overpower them. He typically owns a car, which he then uses in his crimes. He follows the reports of his crimes in the media and changes jobs or moves to a different city when he believes he may be detected. He is sometimes schooled in police investigative methods and he is constantly improving his technique with each additional murder. The longer he kills, the more difficult it becomes for police to catch him (Vronsky 2004).
http://www.helium.com/items/666219-organized-versus-disorganized-serial-killers?page=2

I think that is exactly what he did. After he had already disposed of Sierra's body he gathered up all of her pesonal items and then dumped them were they were found.

SS did say Sierra's medication was also found in her bag too. Another clear indication that Sierra wasnt the one who discarded her personal possessions.

He threw them out because he knows Sierra is no longer in need of any medication or clothing.:(

Which means she could be in that small radius. If he grabbed her, hurt her and then disposed of her clothes, she must be close, or did he come back to the area he found her and disposed of her things?

Garcia-Torres attended Central High School in Morgan Hill and lives in a trailer park in the city with his mother, wife and baby, neighbors said. Several "Missing" flyers of Sierra are posted around the park, including one on a lamp post 25 yards from Garcia-Torres' home.

The Garcia-Torres property is strewn with garbage, baby strollers and sippy cups. No one was home Wednesday morning.

Elizabeth Ruano, 19, who lives in the trailer next door, said police had searched the property a few weeks ago.

She said Garcia-Torres and his family are quiet and keep to themselves. However, that was not the case with Garcia-Torres' previous home.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/05/22/BA1P1OLN18.DTL#ixzz1vcXFamf3

I wonder if the trailer park is the one with the ponds behind it where a lot of searching was carried out.

ETA: Sorry, I just saw it has already been discussed.

I wonder if he's ever traveled out of State. He has a vehicle! :furious:

One of the people transcribing typed that he was wanted for three cases in NH (I inadvertantly carried this error over into my own posts as I am not able to stream video and was relying on the transcript. I now believe this was meant to be MH (Morgan Hill) and not NH (New Hampshire). I doubt he's left the area. He'd have to explain where he was going, and I suspect he is on a short leash.

I wonder if the trailer park is the one with the ponds behind it where a lot of searching was carried out.

yes that is it!!! the one with the percolating ponds:rocker:

eta: I mean... I don't know if that is the one he lives at.. just wondering if he does (and it was the one I was trying to remember)

There are two trailer parks directly across the street from her high school...wonder if it's one of those?

yes that is it!!! the one with the percolating ponds:rocker:

eta: I mean... I don't know if that is the one he lives at.. just wondering if he does (and it was the one I was trying to remember)

Would love to know where that old farmhouse is and on what road were those ponds, it seems like it hasn't been that long but I can't remember now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson