Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm playing catch up from this afternoon, so someone may have already mentioned this.

Why does his sister say, "I hope she turns up." ?

She goes on & says it again, "I hope she turns up."

:waitasec:

That is so strange to me. When I heard her start the same sentence, I just knew she was going to correct herself & say, "I hope they find her alive & well."

So far - Check out the dates

Maria Gomez

Report Type: Runaway Juvenile
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 4 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 107 lbs.
Date of Birth: 5/14/1997
Clothing: Black jacket, black pants, brown ugg boots
Dental X-rays Available: No

Maria was last seen on January 20, 2012, in Morgan Hill

Marlene Sanchez

Runaway
Female
Hispanic
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
5 ft
140lbs
Birthdate: 5/19/1994

Savanna Arellano

Runaway
Female
Hispanic
Brown Hair
Brown Eyes
5ft 2in
110lbs
Birthdate: 5/27/1995

All three were born in the month of May.

thank you for all your hard work askfornina!!! :rocker:

Especially this part:

Isovet Martinez: He was just like, basically like anybody else- just like, wondering why they're just talking to him- like, that's the way he would talk to us and her, saying that um- that he didn't really have nothing to do with it. That he wasn't afraid of nothing, that they had a mistake. And we just- you know, he's our family member also so we, we're with him. You know, til- til the truth comes out- we- you know, *inaudible*

Not looking forward to Nancy Grace tonight...can already see it: 'Bombshell Tonight! This just in, authorities make an arrest in the Sierra Lamar case. DNA on the "pocketbook" confirmed as belonging to the suspect...'

Golly, she drives me mad....how she manages to play off the way she interrogated Marline so coldly is beyond me...

She`s covering Isabel Celis case. Not sure if she`s covering Sierra`s

I believe they said one victim had a knife that he took away & tried to use on her but still she got away..Did he ever actually taze the other victim? That wasn't clear..The one that locked her car doors was an easy escape.

Maybe they were older &/or wiser then Sierra? So many victims believe if they go along with the attacker they'll end up OK & that's so rare..I wish all victims would realize this!

I still don't get WHY he was not charged in ANY of these other cases!

The three attempts occurred in March 2009. It wasn't until the Codis hit that they were able to connect him to one of the three prior attempts.

I believe the 43 missing persons were from the entire county of Santa Clara, not just MH area.

That is still an astronomical amount of minors from one lone county since 2011.

If that had happened in my county/state a task force would have been developed and the GBI/FBI called in.

IMO

Golly, she drives me mad....how she manages to play off the way she interrogated Marline so coldly is beyond me...

Well, I was in that boat, too. Media hardly gave them a break, nor did LE when they kept everyone as suspects, nor did those times Marlene talked about Sierra in past tense - but now we know why.

You will have to forgive those of us that did put them under the microscope. It's an inherited trait now days with all the cases that DO involve family members.

Well, that's sorta what I need to know, lol, what all cities would that be? I'm not from that area. Can you name some please. :banghead:

Here is from wiki:

Incorporated cities and towns
There are 15 incorporated cities and towns in the county:
San Jose, which includes all or portions of the former cities/communities of:
Alum Rock,
Cambrian Park,
Willow Glen,
East San Jose, and
Alviso
Campbell
Cupertino
Gilroy
Los Altos
Los Altos Hills
Los Gatos
Milpitas
Monte Sereno
Morgan Hill
Mountain View
Palo Alto
Santa Clara
Saratoga
Sunnyvale
[edit]Unincorporated communities
[edit]Census-designated places
Alum Rock
Burbank
Cambrian Park
East Foothills
Fruitdale
Lexington Hills
Llagas-Uvas
Loyola also known as Loyola Corners
San Martin
Stanford
[edit]Other unincorporated communities
Bell Station, also known as Bell's Station and Hollenbeck's Station.
Casa Loma, also known as Loma Chiquita, part of Llagas-Uvas CDP
Chemeketa Park, part of Lexington Hills CDP
Coyote, also known as Burnett c. 1860–1882
Madrone, now part of Morgan Hill
Redwood Estates, part of Lexington Hills CDP
Rucker
San Antonio, also known as Deforest c. 1892–1924
Sveadal, part of Llagas-Uvas CDP

Well, the USA as a whole will never agree. I can say that safely because I will never agree.

There is disagreement as to who said it originally but I agree with the saying "those who would trade freedom for security end up with neither."

Before I became a mother, I would have agreed with that quote.

But after reading so many cases where children come to unspeakable harm, simply because they wanted to have some autonomy, do one small thing on their own, like a 'big kid', I am just not willing to stand on philosophical high ground at the risk of my child's safety.

It doesn't make it right, and I don't always feel good about watching my child's every move, and knowing who all of her friends are, not allowing her to ride her bike throughout the neighborhood alone, but I won't get a do-over if some *advertiser censored**hat kills her.

And if there is a chance that her killer could be apprehended that much faster because of technology, invasive as it may be, then I am okay with that.

The rights of children have been maligned for way too long in favor of the right to privacy of adults. And even the adults who rape, torture, beat and murder these children. " It's a private family matter"

It may not mean actual security, and it may cost certain freedoms, but if there is a chance my child is even a little safer then I'll give up some of my privacy.

JMO

Well, that's sorta what I need to know, lol, what all cities would that be? I'm not from that area. Can you name some please. :banghead:

Santa Clara
San Jose
Gilroy
San Martin
Morgan Hill
Campbell
Los Gatos
Saratoga
Santa Clara
Monte Serano
Los Altos Hills
Alviso
Palo Alto
Mountain View
Milpitas
Sunnyvale

I think that's all of them...did I miss a few?

Questions:

Couldn't they charge him with kidnapping, keep him locked up and continue investigating and when they had enough to up the charges to murder do so at that time?

Also, his DNA was in the database and that's how they got him. Was he charged for any of those other crimes?

TIA

They could but imo at the next hearing they have for him he is going to be charged with First Degree Murder and Kidnapping.

The Sheriff has already said he is going to be charged with murder and kidnapping. Since she was killed during the commission of another felony I will be surprised if this is not a death penalty case.

They also can add additional charges later on such as rape.

IMO

That is still an astronomical amount of minors from one lone county since 2011.

If that had happened in my county/state a task force would have been developed and the GBI/FBI called in.

IMO

I was only able to find 28 missing females in the county, but I'm sure Sheriff Smith knows better than I. It is definitely a lot.

Never mind there are so many OY Vey!!

Coffee Time!!!!!

I think a lot of these are runaways- a lot of young Hispanic girls get wooed and run off with older Mexican men. A lot of times they have no where else to go, bad family life,etc. Also they are expected to not continue with education and stay at home. My mom was a counselor and saw a lot of these cases involving young Hispanic girls.

Nancy is covering this case and Isabel Celis' case tonight

Well guys and gals, if there are 43 missing persons in and around Morgan Hill, I'm not able to find them, so far I've found 4, with one being in Gilroy, not far from MH.

Well, you tried. Didn't the Sheriff say 43 missing in Santa Clara County? I have no idea how large that is. Does it include San Jose?

LOL ... disregard, already answered .. several times

Well, you tried. Didn't the Sheriff say 43 missing in Santa Clara County? I have no idea how large that is. Does it include San Jose?

Yes, I live in San Jose, which is part of Santa Clara County. The County does cover a lot of area.

Well, I was in that boat, too. Media hardly gave them a break, nor did LE when they kept everyone as suspects, nor did those times Marlene talked about Sierra in past tense - but now we know why.

You will have to forgive those of us that did put them under the microscope. It's an inherited trait now days with all the cases that DO involve family members.

Since there are so many unsolved cases concerning missing minors nowadays, imoo, I think it is best to take each case on an individual basis rather than lumping them in one group based on what most do. There is 43 missing minors in this one county alone. Until all those cases are solved then we really dont know if parents are the ones committing the most murders (around 400 per year) against children. When there are many unknowns in so many cases it makes the statistics very flawed.

I dont think stranger abductions are nearly as rare as some would like to believe. I think stranger abductors are getting away with kidnapping and murder everyday and delight in the fact that the parents are automatically assumed to be the guilty party.

JMO though

Okay, could someone help me to understand this...this guy's dna was in CODIS due to a crime in which he was never prosecuted, yet he was not linked to the attack in the safeway parking lot until after investigators determined (also through CODIS) that his dna was on Sierra's 'property'. How does that work? Why wasn't he charged for the safeway attack in which they have his dna? Wouldn't that have gotten him off the street years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55