Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to a media report - which may have been wrong - they were going on skin cells. May not have been the only thing, but I know they mentioned it.

I agree with you about his family...the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. I feel bad for his children, though - just to be in that situation. His daughter is beautiful. How can he do this to anyone when he has a baby like that? Makes no sense.

Especially having a daughter...

I really believe this was AGT too. The car description, race, mo. Seems like too much of a coincidence.

Look at the way he tried to abduct this young girl; drove up next to her and blocked her on the sidewalk, jumped out of his car, grabbed her in a bear hug from behind and tazed her. He had this routine down pat, it wasn't his first time.

The girl lost her sight and passed so some of the finer details of the car and the man may have been lost, if not for that I believe she could probably ID him in a line-up. Not mention ID the car!!

This happened on March 26, 2012. Ten days after Sierra went missing and two days before LE put him under surveillance. Thank the Lord for that, for I feel sure that others would have been missing too. This guy was spinning off!!

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...describes-attempted-abduction-daughter-willow

From you link... 16-year-old girl at about 5:20 p.m. Friday. Look at the date of the article ... March 27 a Tuesday. March 23 was the attack. LE started following AGT on March 28.

SMITH:
And from March 28th until present time, we've had
24-hour-a-day surveillance on Garcia. We needed additional
information. We were continuing the investigation. We were
hoping that he would lead us to where Sierra was.

A few thoughts, for what it's worth.

I think, for whatever reason, the perp did see Sierra on his daily drive to who knows where. Maybe he was the one she referred to in a tweet about someone in a car. ? Although, this crime may be considered random in that he didn't "know" her personally, he knew her routine and that she was the only one on that road at that bus stop. I do no believe that March 16 was the first time he saw her and then he acted.

The news report that broke the news about the skin being the evidence on her clothes also noted that the Sheriff's Office wanted to do an arrest sooner and they were battling with the DA's Office, who wanted to hold out to make sure that they had a solid case before arresting him. I strongly believe that they did surveillance on him for so long, because they were seeing if he would lead them to Sierra, alive or dead. Plus, I think they moved once some type of forensic testing came back proving that she was dead. Maybe they really were working it as he may have her somewhere and if we arrest him, he can't lead us to her. But, all of that changed once the newest test results came up giving them what they need to not only prove that she was in his car, but that she is deceased. Add to that, the new found knowledge that connected him to one previous assault attempt, and they decided to move. Him being arrested at gunpoint in the Safeway parking lot is very interesting indeed. LE has obviously done an amazing job so far, including being private all the while trailing this guy, searching his house and impounding his car.

I also believe that he used some form of device to subdue SL and after taking her, he tossed her phone. I bet his DNA or fingerprints are also on her phone. I think he took her far away at that point. I think (for whatever reason, I just can not still understand) he brought her bag back (maybe at night) and left it by the shed. I think that some sort of evidence of water was on her clothes or on the bag and that is what prompted the water searches. I do not think he harmed her anywhere near where the bag was found, unless he was on some type of drug. It was broad daylight and for him to actually succeed in kidnapping her, his adrenaline must have been on high and he would want to get far away from her home.

Also, if Sierra was actually put in the car, it seems there would be at least one video shot somewhere that shows Sierra in the car. Although, to me, it seems he would have put her in the trunk, so she couldn't be seen by anyone while traveling. Although, if she was in the trunk, not sure how he would have her phone in the front to throw out the window.

Lastly, it was interesting when the Sheriff was asked by a reporter at the press conference, if he has given an alibi for the time Sierra was taken. She kinda stumbled and then something about him not really giving them any information yet... If they suspected him and impounded his car, I can guarantee that one of the first questions he was asked is "where were you on the morning of March 16, as well as the rest of the day?" Right?

Wishing everyone peace in their sadness.

I agreed with your message so much that I finally decided to chime in. Our opinions are spot-on

So far, there is no mention of DNA found in the vehicle unless I missed it.

http://www.the-signal.com/section/36/article/66167/

+We have physical evidence linking Sierra to his vehicle.
+(this specific statement in response to why they chose to arrest yesterday)We had received physical evidence back on the vehicle that we seized earlier. We knew we had probable cause and a strong case to prosecute for homicide and kidnapping.
+We will not comment on the specifics of any DNA evidence as we want to keep that confidential
Presser: http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/livenow?id=8671738
Just a couple of Sheriff Smith's direct quotes IMO lend credence toward there being the exact type forensic evidence in AGT's red Jetta that I have discussed in the last two posts of which you replied in disagreement.. forensic testing linking Sierra to the car and that upon those results the Sheriff believing that not only they have adequate evidence to charge the man with Sierra's murder.. but sufficient enough to prosecute SUCCESSFULLY…(which Smith states specifically "prosecute successfully" for murder in the video statement released last night as well http://serve.castfire.com/video/992907/992907_2012-05-22-031407.html ) ..but its just little ol' me's opinion..

But yea, n/t you're right its probably not anything like DNA evidence. :big eyeroll:

Again.. myy statement simply listed DNA evidence in the car that would in fact be damning and in no way explained away by his saying yea I gave her a ride as youd stated as to why the evidence linking to Sierra found in the car was not at all damning.. imo given the statements by LE the evidence will be damning such as the examples I've mentioned.. jmo

Just saw a full report on the news. Yes she was (they worded it weird) 3 years younger than he, a minor when she was pregnant. That is when a charge was filed against him, maybe by her parents; of statutory rape.

I wonder if her school was near the safeway? I know here, the kids will leave campus to get lunch at safeway. Even though it is a closed campus.
I still believe her mom is hoping she is being held against her will as a slave. ... I'm sorry I can't type out the whole thing, I have daughters her age.

I've tried to post here on-line all day, but my own daughter is home sick, and I just couldn't do it. Such a tough day for Sierra's family and friends. I really admire the diligence that LE showed in this case.

The ' arrest and ' family's disclaimer both made it into the news here (New England). I wonder how the defense will account for the DNA evidence in the VW and in Sierra's bag. I also wonder if her shoes are still on her, and if she could have been weighted down somehow in order to remain underwater. I don't blame her mom for holding onto hope that she's still alive somehow. Unless she was traded off to someone, I just don't see it happening though.

So sorry for Sierra. :'(

I am guessing the only possibly "smart" thing he did was not have his phone with him, or took the battery out? So he can't be pinged for that day?

Some people (usually younger, not very articulate people) use this kind of language in referring to anyone they don't like. Just saying I've heard it.....

Yes, I think it's just plain ignorance. Uneducated, young, defensive. Very sad, all the way around.

Wow I feel so sad to know that the they have arrested someone for murder - I was still holding out hope that she was alive.

Social media is the worst enemy of some people by the way, I can't believe how the suspect's wife is responding. It's really too much to see drama surrounding an already emotional situation.

I believe the 2009 case/cases referred to are the same as the ones at http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/...f-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/

I believe he is associated with these, not only, but also with the attempted kidnapping of another girl in Willow Glen, with a stun gun, as one of these incidents cites a stun gun being used on a 38 year old woman.

There were other attempts in the neighboring areas. One was of a girl leaving school. He ran away when scared.

The reason he got away with this with Sierra is because he was not caught or frightened. He had time. He has to have taken her home. Somewhere nearby...close.

I for one disagree with getting people's dna. Talk about opening up a can of worms. jmo
You, and many others, including Californians. I don't know if any of you heard of the EAR/ONS cases that started in Sacramento in the late 1970s as brazen rapes (over 30) including several in my hometown of Davis. From there he moved on to Southern California where he went on to murder 11 people. It took quite a few years, but the rapist and murderer turned out to be the same person thanks to the DNA database. The parents of one of the murdered couple from Orange County were the ones who pushed DNA samples be obtained from all prisoners. Of course, the ACLU et al. were against this, blah, blah, blah. The EAR/ONS has never been caught nor identified, but shows how be started out as a rapist and graduated to murder.

Thank God for Codis and DNA testing!!

I believe the 2009 case/cases referred to are the same as the ones at http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/...f-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/

I believe he is associated with these, not only, but also with the attempted kidnapping of another girl in Willow Glen, with a stun gun, as one of these incidents cites a stun gun being used on a 38 year old woman.

There were other attempts in the neighboring areas. One was of a girl leaving school. He ran away when scared.

The reason he got away with this with Sierra is because he was not caught or frightened. He had time. He has to have taken her home. Somewhere nearby...close.

His girlfriend and likely friends, family, will know if he has or had weapons like a stun gun or tazer. I wonder if that was something they were searching for in the lakes. Would be very small an difficult to see on radar I imagine. Or maybe something they looked for in his home.

Are all the other attacks in the afternoon/evening? Really does seem like Sierra caught his eye and he knew the morning was when he could grab her.

I posed this question earlier but were all switching to the newest thread. the picture of the license plate is LUCK7.
Anyone know what that could refer to? (I read he does go by the nickname lucky, but is there something special of the 7 other then 6 other people in CA having the license plate LUCKY)
On MySpace

FWIW, I know that in CA, the tags transfer along with the car (where I live, the seller turns his tags in at WVA and the buyer brings the title and inspection certificate to MVA to apply for their own), but do NOT know what happens in the case of vanity tags. Any of you locals have the answer? I guess I could check the CA MVA website, huh?

Just saw a full report on the news. Yes she was (they worded it weird) 3 years younger than he, a minor when she was pregnant. That is when a charge was filed against him, maybe by her parents; of statutory rape.

I wonder if her school was near the safeway? I know here, the kids will leave campus to get lunch at safeway. Even though it is a closed campus.
I still believe her mom is hoping she is being held against her will as a slave. ... I'm sorry I can't type out the whole thing, I have daughters her age.

And of course, and I don't mean that in a mean way, his family believes that he was set up or is the scap goat. I also don't think he knew he had police living next door to him, I think that is news. He knew he was being followed,said his family. But I don't think he knew they were living next door. which leads me to believe once again, that he has done this to more people than just Sierra. They must think that he is a serial rapist/kidnapper and God forbid, killer.

the police were living next door to him?

Yep and undercover police officer rented a place right next door. Part of the 24-7 surveillance

I am glad they watched him so close and got this creep off the streets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member