Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I feel so sad to know that the they have arrested someone for murder - I was still holding out hope that she was alive.

Social media is the worst enemy of some people by the way, I can't believe how the suspect's wife is responding. It's really too much to see drama surrounding an already emotional situation.

Hopefully LE will get a search warrant for the trailer and confiscate all the computers / laptops for forensic analysis / evidence.

I am totally impressed with LE so far in this case. We had our doubts at first because they didn't seem to have a clue what was going on, but obviously, they were completely on top of things. Cudos to all involved!!!

Sheriff Smith from presser this am

Since January of 2011, so a little bit over a
year, in Santa Clara County alone, there are -- let me get the
number. Sorry. I guess I should have had this first. I
think there's 43 missing juvenile females reported since
January of 2011 that have never returned home. It's --
it's -- you wonder if any of those actually were abductions
also.

Have there been a comparable number of missing males in the same age bracket?

:seeya: If a link is banned here, please do not discuss posts from the banned site.

You, and many others, including Californians. I don't know if any of you heard of the EAR/ONS cases that started in Sacramento in the late 1970s as brazen rapes (over 30) including several in my hometown of Davis. From there he moved on to Southern California where he went on to murder 11 people. It took quite a few years, but the rapist and murderer turned out to be the same person thanks to the DNA database. The parents of one of the murdered couple from Orange County were the ones who pushed DNA samples be obtained from all prisoners. Of course, the ACLU et al. were against this, blah, blah, blah. The EAR/ONS has never been caught nor identified, but shows how be started out as a rapist and graduated to murder.

Thank God for Codis and DNA testing!!

The ACLU only has problems with obtaining DNA from the arrested (not convicted, released, innocent in some cases), they don't have a problem with the convicted felons in prison doing it. And I agree with them. It's not only unconstitutional and an invasion of privacy, it creates a "guilty until proven innocent" mindset, which is the complete opposite of what this country was founded on. They keep going further and further with it, until one day they want to put cameras in everyone's homes to make sure they're behaving accordingly....

I am willing to bet they kept him under surveillance for so long in hopes he may lead them to an alive Sierra - or else where he put her body....

Whichever feed I was watching (ABC one) had twitter scrolling going where it said that Mark Klass asked his director to see if suspect signed up for any search areas.

Was the answer ever given to Mark Klass' question if AGT had been involved with any of the searches?

Which is what leads me to believe they think he is involved in more. Much more. MOO

I think LE will continue to dig and develop a lot more evidence, they want to develop a full profile of all of his (criminal) activities over the last 3 years. I expect we will see additional charges as this case develops.

An interesting side not here: AGT's wife was arrested for petty theft recently:
Francine Sarmiento, 19 of Morgan Hill, March 3 at 12:19 p.m. for petty theft.

I didn't know if I could post the link or not.

Mods, if you feel this info is inappropriate please remove. I think it's showing some character of the wife though and along with her ugly comments about Sierra it just makes me wonder if there is more than we know about.

Thinking about today's events and knowing what it feels like to lose a child, if I were Sierra's mother I would have been very upset that LE offered me condolences. I would fell as though they have given up and were no longer interested in finding her. I just don't know how Sierra's mom is handling this. LE does not know she is dead, or do they? Dunno about this!

From you link... 16-year-old girl at about 5:20 p.m. Friday. Look at the date of the article ... March 27 a Tuesday. March 23 was the attack. LE started following AGT on March 28.

SMITH:
And from March 28th until present time, we've had
24-hour-a-day surveillance on Garcia. We needed additional
information. We were continuing the investigation. We were
hoping that he would lead us to where Sierra was.

I stand corrected, attempt made on Friday, March 23rd.

Looks like Friday's were good days for him to abduct teenage girls. All I can say is thank God this girl lived to tell her story.

The clothing that they found with his dna on it . That was the clothing that he or whoever left at the scene from where she went missing from . Is that right or no ?. Im just thinking why would this guy bring something back to the scene where a girl went missing and leave some clothing of hers at that spot .That just don't seem to be to bright a thing to do I mean he had to of knowen the clothing likly had some of his DNA on them. By bringing the clothes back to the scene he pretty much led the police right to him with the DNA they found on the clothes...

I heard an interview with his mom. She said on two of the cars there were GPS tracker that the LE had put on them. So I guess he knew something was going on.

That is strange surveillance. You'd think they didn't want him to know. What is wrong with this?

Thinking about today's events and knowing what it feels like to lose a child, if I were Sierra's mother I would have been very upset that LE offered me condolences. I would fell as though they have given up and were no longer interested in finding her. I just don't know how Sierra's mom is handling this. LE does not know she is dead, or do they? Dunno about this!

They are pretty darn certain she is deceased. They have no blood. They must have something big enough to tell us what they have, but I'll be da.. if I can understand it, and I've been reading literally all day long.

So very sorry you have suffered the ultimate loss Isabelle :rose: For LE to come out and state and charge with Murder i believe they have something concrete. Perhaps a weapon was found or vehicle with Sierra's blood. A guess but it has to be concrete. MOO

I stand corrected, attempt made on Friday, March 23rd.

Looks like Friday's were good days for him to abduct teenage girls. All I can say is thank God this girl lived to tell her story.
Day off perhaps?

IMO LE would be VERY confident to offer condolences to the family. They have not commented on their evidence, it must be big. I'm thinking it might even be video of him abducting her since a neighbor had cameras.

LE made it clear they will continue to search for Sierra (and continued to do so today), I don't think they are giving up on Sierra at all.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member