Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't think it would matter that he is only a year and a half older than his gf. They could have been the same age and it would still have been a crime if under 18.

I found this...

(a)Unlawful sexual intercourse is an act of sexual intercourse accomplished with a person who is not the spouse of the perpetrator, if the person is a minor. For the purposes of this section, a "minor" is a person under the age of 18 years and an "adult" is a person who is at least 18 years of age.

(b)Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is not more than three years older or three years younger than the perpetrator, is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(c)Any person who engages in an act of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is more than three years younger than the perpetrator is guilty of either a misdemeanor or a felony, and shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in the state prison.

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/1/9/1/s261.5

What I find interesting is that most likely her parents pressed for the charges right? I wonder if they have some real things to say about him.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would matter that he is only a year and a half older than his gf. They could have been the same age and it would still have been a crime if under 18.

That isn't the case her in Canada. If there is less than 2 years b/w them, it's not stat. rape.

What I find interesting is that most likely her parents pressed for the charges right? I wonder if they have some real things to say about him.

I don't think they did. I know I read that he admitted to officers during one of his arrests that he had a pregnant underage girlfriend. JMO

It's gonna be a loooong day waiting for 1:30 PST to learn some new info (hopefully)!

I don't think they did. I know I read that he admitted to officers during one of his arrests that he had a pregnant underage girlfriend. JMO

Maybe that is it then. I guess since she is pregnant that is proof? I wonder how that works. When my sister was 13 some 21 year old convinced her she was in love and we worked for like 8 months to get charges filed against him and it didn't happen until my sister wrote a statement, they needed her to actually say it.

shoot long wait indeed, I'm on east coast time...so it's much later for me to wait

replying before I get to the end, apologies if this is now redundant - but this girl's photo was like a punch to the gut. She looks like a mix of Sierra and his gf to my eyes. She is even tinier than Sierra. I truly hope they do not find a group of young women when Sierra is found :(

And Sierra's case got the attention it deserves, and this poor girl, nothing, it's so wrong. Let's hope the efforts for Sierra ensure no other lovely brunette teen goes missing.

I looked and looked and tried to find any information on this girl that I could. I would like to run this by a local and see if by chance she is still missing as well as any others.

Like I said before, when I was researching these girls in the beginning, I was finding a lot of them via SM. The problem is, they were reported missing, but when they were found by family to be safe, no one contacted the authorities or the missing organizations to update. It appear these organizations just take the report and don't follow back up. There are situations also where family moves and no one can get in touch with them to follow up.

There has to be a better way of keeping track of these reports and some kind of contact system we can use before proceeding further and assuming they are victims of foul play.

I think every missing or runaway report should be taken serious from day one. If there is a glitch in the system that needs to be fixed, then I think we can play an important part here of helping to get that accomplished. I just don't want to see us sleuthing someone and trying to tie them into being the victim of a serial killer if they are at home safe.

With that being said, I think we need to do some base work on these girls.

I have thought about this for some time now and think that maybe a different thread needs to be started for this, where a system can be put in place. In that thread, we can discuss the best way to go about doing this.

These are all just my thoughts and suggestions. Let me know what you think.

Here is the article about the interview with his sisters. It tells more about his family.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_20694502/family-considered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son

"But the image portrayed by two of his three sisters in an interview with this newspaper Wednesday is in stark contrast to the picture painted by the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, which arrested him at gunpoint Monday night on suspicion of kidnapping and killing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar and has tied him to at least one other attack in the parking lot of the Safeway where he once worked and was the site of his arrest."

"Their father has even more serious problems with the law. He is being held in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative. The sisters declined to say much about him."

Anyone else thinking it was his daughter was his victim?

This is AGT's dad and sisters...

I also read that her father is deceased...from her family's postings around the web I get the feeling they are fully supportive of her teenage marriage, lifestyle, and pregnancies. And some of them are sure defending AGT. :banghead:JMO

His burgeoning family is what drove Garcia-Torres to seek other work. He got certification with a job-placement program and was dispatched to work with a San Jose contractor. To get to work, he would routinely drive north, past the area where Sierra was last seen, a fact that did not escape the notice of investigators.

He told his mother the day police seized his red Volkswagen Jetta that he swore he never met her, much less kidnapped and killed her.
http://www.montereyherald.com/local/ci_20696613/family-sierra-lamar-suspect-considered-him-good-son

"But the image portrayed by two of his three sisters in an interview with this newspaper Wednesday is in stark contrast to the picture painted by the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, which arrested him at gunpoint Monday night on suspicion of kidnapping and killing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar and has tied him to at least one other attack in the parking lot of the Safeway where he once worked and was the site of his arrest."

"Their father has even more serious problems with the law. He is being held in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative. The sisters declined to say much about him."

Anyone else thinking it was his daughter was his victim?

This is AGT's dad and sisters...

Could be...the sister that wasn't interviewed works at SAFEWAY! AHHHHH! :what:

This case is a lot like Ryan Brunn's, the monster who killed Jorelys. His family and friends swore up and down he was being set up, etc. Turns out LE had a TON of evidence against him. I suspect that is the case here as well, especially since Sierra has not been found yet.

That stuck out when I first read this. I wonder if that's why LE started searching construction sites. I hope he didn't come in contact with RG during any of this time.

I find it funny though, when family was talking on camera about his work previously they never mentioned this.

His family is in denial.

I think he had to of. I think he spotted her out somewhere or near the bus stop and followed her home. I keep going back to Sierra's tweets regarding a strange car she kept seeing on her street. I am so curious if it was the red Jetta. She never described it on her Twitter, but I wonder if she ever mentioned it to her family or friends.

IMO and I've mentioned this before in on of my recent posts earlier....this is entirely what happened. She tweeted something to the effect about "you feel bigger and badder in your car, but you don't scare me".....something like that. I do feel she had seen him before watching her or he gave her a bad vibe while driving past her slowly as she stood at bus stop or walked home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMO and I've mentioned this before in on of my recent posts earlier....this is entirely what happened. She tweeted something to the effect about "you feel bigger and badder in your car, but you don't scare me".....something like that. I do feel she had seen him before watching her or he gave her a bad vibe while driving past her slowly as she stood at bus stop or walked home.

I remember that tweet.
I believe you might be correct.

This guy was always on the lookout for girls.
I'm sure he noticed her and planned this for weeks.

Absolutely haunting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members