Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person on this fake twitter is a straight creep. The only posts before Sierra went missing are from 169+ days ago, and they're all all sexual/explicit or threatening remarks.
Very odd person

I think this person knows the suspect. They have two different twitter pages. The not so popular page is where they are commenting on SL friends pages and getting angry at whoever from WS is bothering him/her. They know stuff about Sierra and the suspect to just be some random. IMO they are not too bright and someone else from the family may tell her/him to shut up or just say its fake. Definitely could be a guy though IMO.

I think this person knows the suspect. They have two different twitter pages. The not so popular page is where they are commenting on SL friends pages and getting angry at whoever from WS is bothering him/her. They know stuff about Sierra and the suspect to just be some random. IMO they are not too bright and someone else from the family may tell her/him to shut up or just say its fake. Definitely could be a guy though IMO.

Have you looked at their tweets before Sierra went missing?

IMO, I could go on my own twitter and start pretending to know a bunch of facts about suspect and victim. Doesn't hold any truth to me.

I love that the WS crowd was messing with her and she called everyone out. I had to smile when I read that. Whoever was doing it I give you props!

IMO, I could go on my own twitter and start pretending to know a bunch of facts about suspect and victim. Doesn't hold any truth to me.

True. Very easy to learn the story by reading tweets.

I saw that this person is into *advertiser censored* and bisexual women. That's all I really noticed before the tweets started going out to Sierra's friends. Weirdo.

One thing I particularly did not like reading his family + friends interview was how much they kept mentioning things along the lines of ....."LE has no evidence". It was sure brought up a lot, as if to hammer home the point that there is a lack of evidence. I am wondering if that is what he kept telling them because he knew he did a pretty good job of not leaving evidence. Luckily, for the public's sake, it sounds like we have a very competent LE staff out there that has found some. Hopefully enough to prove in court.

This is what I am talking about below. I pulled all these statements from the various interviews from that post a couple pages back.

"They dont have physical evidence"
"There is no physical evidence at all"
"They havent found a body yet"
"They havent found things that lead them straight to him"
"If they have the evidence...."
"There is no motive for him"
"without the body, without weapons, there is nothing they can really do about it"
"Theres no body yet"
"Theres not enough evidence to convict him"

One question that's been racing through my mind is, how does one simply kidnap, rape and murder a child and then return back home and easily pretend like nothing ever happened? How can you carry out such an act and go back to your own daughter, knowing that you've just taken away someone else's daughter and not be remorseful or feel guilty at all? I suppose the answer to that would be that you're mentally ill, crazy, evil...but still, I just don't understand and probably never will.

I can't imagine what this nutcase would do if he found out his daughter had been murdered.

I am no expert, just a survivor.

My theory, based on life experience and extensive reading, is that rapists and serial murderers de-humanise their victims. To them, the victim symbolises something but has no innate humanity of her own.

This is one reason why I become deeply uncomfortable when the perpetrators of horrible crimes are called and other such terms. Such name calling is a way to set the perp outside the group of (acceptable) humanity. It's a form of de-humanising, although not usually as pathological as the de-humanising practised by perpetrators.

With normal people, such name calling will not trigger them into violence. But if you take a large enough group of people, it's just about guaranteed that there will be a small percentage of mentally unstable ones in the group. When someone mentally unstable sees that it is considered okay to de-humanise certain human beings, then it makes it easier for that unstable person to do the same.

It's just a theory.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sierra-l...ered-sierra-lamar-suspect-good-son?source=rss

"Their father has even more serious problems with the law. He is being held in Santa Clara County Jail on allegations he sexually abused a relative. The sisters declined to say much about him."

Well there you go, life father like son.

Makes me think that by comparison, AGT really did seem like a good guy.

I don't think his sisters knew he was out attacking women. To them, he seemed like a good guy because he wasn't sexually abusing any of them. It sounds like his violence was all directed outside the family, so what his sisters saw was a brother who was someone male they could trust.

The more I read about the whole thing, the sadder I feel. Sad for the LaMars, sad for AGT's relatives.

I see LE used a GPS tracking device on his Jetta ...
http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...ierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks

LE needs to find Sierra, my fear is that AGT will try to use what he did with her as a bargaining chip if they don't...

Wonder if the Safeway has dumpsters and when they were emptied... that he took her on a Friday might hold a clue...

I can't find the post but someone local posted here that the dumpsters at the local Safeways are inside the building and under camera surveillance. If this is so, then it is highly doubtful to me that he put her into a dumpster at Safeway.

I am no expert, just a survivor.

My theory, based on life experience and extensive reading, is that rapists and serial murderers de-humanise their victims. To them, the victim symbolises something but has no innate humanity of her own.

This is one reason why I become deeply uncomfortable when the perpetrators of horrible crimes are called and other such terms. Such name calling is a way to set the perp outside the group of (acceptable) humanity. It's a form of de-humanising, although not usually as pathological as the de-humanising practised by perpetrators.

With normal people, such name calling will not trigger them into violence. But if you take a large enough group of people, it's just about guaranteed that there will be a small percentage of mentally unstable ones in the group. When someone mentally unstable sees that it is considered okay to de-humanise certain human beings, then it makes it easier for that unstable person to do the same.

It's just a theory.

A very good explanation. Thank you.

When Jeffrey Dhamer was interviewed and asked similar questions, his responses were just like you described as far as the victims were "objects" to him. Just a "means" to get the sick satisfaction that he craved. He did not look at them as a fellow human.

"Smith invited several agencies to help with the investigation, she said, including the U.S. Marshal's office and the FBI, which helped develop both victim and suspect profiles. The FBI said it was unlikely the suspect had a record for sex offenses, she said, but he might have prior attempted abductions. That also helped lead detectives to the three assaults in the Safeway parking lots."

Looks like they were right on. Except he DID have one offense, correct?

Charged with statutory rape; the "victim" is now his wife. Charges were dropped.

I can see how that would be regarded as not having a record of sex offences.

Antolin's brother died five months ago so that would be Jan of this year.

Maria Gomez

Report Type: Runaway Juvenile
Sex: Female
Race: Hispanic
Hair: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 4 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 107 lbs.
Date of Birth: 5/14/1997
Clothing: Black jacket, black pants, brown ugg boots
Dental X-rays Available: No

Maria was last seen on January 20, 2012, in Morgan Hill

replying before I get to the end, apologies if this is now redundant - but this girl's photo was like a punch to the gut. She looks like a mix of Sierra and his gf to my eyes. She is even tinier than Sierra. I truly hope they do not find a group of young women when Sierra is found :(

And Sierra's case got the attention it deserves, and this poor girl, nothing, it's so wrong. Let's hope the efforts for Sierra ensure no other lovely brunette teen goes missing.

I am just really hoping LE has a FIRM STRONG CASE, Direct evidence is usually eye witness testimony, a video tape of a crime being committed or things like that. Even DNA is circumstancial evidence, as there is always another way DNA could have gotten somewhere. For example, skin cells on a persons clothing - Sure, they could have gotten there when you kidnapped someone, however they also could have gotten there if someone had slipped and you helped them up.

I certainly hope that they have more than a few skin samples from clothing or items, they clearly state they have no blood evidence, so if there is no blood, how can you say a murder was committed? They also stated there was no weapon and they don't know how she was killed, so how can they say there was a murder committed?

I am keeping faith that they have something more than they are letting on, but there are still ALOT of questions. I mean they put a press release out asking people to come forward about the car and help finding it... that to me says they were NOT SURE if there could be another suspect out there with the same car and were hoping someone would come forward but NO ONE DID so they continued to focus on this person of interest.

He seems like he could have done it and admits to being in the area but I PRAY that they have enough evidence to convict and did not jump the gun on this, because you cannot go back and do it again.

-- I AM IN NO WAY DEFENDING THIS MAN, I FEEL HE DID COMMIT THIS CRIME, I am just stating that I am a little bit worried about LE's case --

Put this together just out of curiousity. I definitely see similarities. I know he is innocent until proven guilty, but things just seem to be stacked against him.

just .... wow. wonder where the junky white car with the black roof is from.

If they have his DNA on her underwear, that would be helpful...less reason it should be there. Especially if they have her DNA in his car. Then he can't say he happened to find the clothes and just left the bag there.

Charged with statutory rape; the "victim" is now his wife. Charges were dropped.

I can see how that would be regarded as not having a record of sex offences.

Apparently, there is some confusion surrounding those charges. ATG is only a year and a half older than his gf, so even though she was under age, he would not have been charged with statutory. Someone posted upthread that the victim was someone else, who was a friend of his little sisters. I am not sure if that has been verified, however.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/sisters-sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-describe-arres/nPCxT/

We asked Lucero Garcia about her brother's past criminal record. Morgan Hill police told KTVU Antoilin Garcia-Torres was arrested in May of 2009.

"He got in the way of the officers of trying to arrest a wanted felon suspect," said Morgan Hill Police Sgt.Troy Hoefling.

Court documents show a year later he was charged with unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. The pair later married and had a daughter. They are now expecting another child.

Court records show in June of 2010, sheriff's deputies arrested Garcia-Torres for battery when he punched his sister's boyfriend during an argument

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/lloyd/nPC3r/

Sources close to the investigation say the suspect told them early on that he often went fishing around Morgan Hill.

Garcia-Torres mother said on the day after Sierra's disappearance her son went to the reservoir.

"He went back to go fishing at Uvas, Uvas Park," said his mother, Laura Torres.

Cameras are being allowed in the courtroom for the arraignment and for the first time, the public may actually hear from Antolin Garcia-Torres.

I apologize if this was already posted.

Apparently, there is some confusion surrounding those charges. ATG is only a year and a half older than his gf, so even though she was under age, he would not have been charged with statutory. Someone posted upthread that the victim was someone else, who was a friend of his little sisters. I am not sure if that has been verified, however.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would matter that he is only a year and a half older than his gf. They could have been the same age and it would still have been a crime if under 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member