Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASANTON, Calif. —

Pleasanton police discovered human remains stuffed inside a 45-gallon trashcan alongside a rural road late Thursday morning.

After receiving an 11 a.m. call about the trashcan, police found the human remains along Dublin Canyon Road and Laurel Creek Drive, according to Pleasanton police Lt. Jeff Bretzing.

This is from KTVU, so... but it does state it was HOURS ago, and before 3:30.

After reading LE's facts about the case, that those were Sierras clothes, I got to sign off for the day. The thought of Sierra being forced to strip (or her clothes removed by him) and be naked and at his mercy just makes me sick. Poor poor baby. She must have been terrified beyond belief.

I don't think she is alive - God rest her young soul. May the evidence be great and the trial be swift. And I pray they find her body so this family can have some kind of closure and bury their baby-girl.

I'm just so sad now - but I guess the more that does come out the sadder it will be.

I love that phrase "may the evidence be great and the trial be swift." - it's empowering and beautiful, out of something so terrible...

But would it have been able to be in a can, along side a road this whole time w/o being discovered?

Unless it wasn't IN the can, as mentioned above.

Trying to think about that road, it's been awhile. It seems like it's possible for it to have gone unnoticed for some time there, which then would beg the question, had did they find out about it? Sure, someone could have told them to look there, or maybe it was simpler and road clean up spotted it, or someone was walking there dog... With such little info we could go a hundred different directions, some which certainly point right to Sierra, but others don't at all.

Well... if this is connected I guess it's time to go through all the Target/Home Depot register records from the stores along Hwy 680. Hopefully the store cameras haven't been recorded over.

It is not as far as I thought, but still, her street is still not very populated and I don't think she should have had to walk to that stop and wait by herself.

1/4 mile of that walk is out in the middle of nowhere. No other child waited at bus stop. She was a sitting duck. I don't know of many parents that would allow their beautiful daughter to walk that daily, completely alone. I would not allow my grown daughter or son to do it.

A parent would have to be totally obiivious to the world arond them and must believe the world is a "beautiful place".

I'm going to go lay down for a few hours....I'll check back...I'm sick

Trying to think about that road, it's been awhile. It seems like it's possible for it to have gone unnoticed for some time there, which then would beg the question, had did they find out about it? Sure, someone could have told them to look there, or maybe it was simpler and road clean up spotted it, or someone was walking there dog... With such little info we could go a hundred different directions, some which certainly point right to Sierra, but others don't at all.

Sarx the article here says the can was only there a few days
http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_20703484/crime-scene-investigation-under-way-pleasanton

I agree that they did say it was one element, however they also said there was no blood evidence or murder weapon/crime scene so that leads me to believe that the DNA is skin/mitocondrial or something along those lines. If I am correct in that conclusion, that is not much to base a murder convicition on.

It also said that the DNA on Sierra's belonging is IN FACT ANTOLIN's DNA but the DNA in Antolins car was foreign and only had a strong association with Sierra's DNA that is what made me worry the most. It should say it is DEFINATELY HER DNA not that it was just strongly associated with hers. I feel as if they do not have a complete profile of her DNA from the car and that could be bad for the case.

I too am hoping for some type of DIRECT EVIDENCE ( a video, etc.) they did state they had some and usually that means eye witness testimony or video footage of a crime in process etc. Even confessions are not always direct evidence. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

I so agree with you. What struck me from the below link. I truly hope and believe they must have more.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

Clothing:
Forensic Examination of the clothing revealed the presence of DNA foreign to Sierra. The profile of the foreign DNA was entered into CODIS, which is an FBI database that stores DNA profiles. .... a search of the database identified a STRONG association between the foreign DNA from Sierra's clothing and DNA profile of Antolin Garcia Torres.

Car:
Garcia-Torres lived about 7 miles from Sierra's home and drove a 1998 VW Jetta. On 4/7/2012, investigators seized the Jetta and submitted it to the crime laboratory for analysis. Criminalists located DNA foreign to Antolin Garcia Torres within the car and found a STRONG association between that foreign DNA and DNA profile of Sierra LaMar.

All of her known personal belongings, including her asthma inhaler, her money her house keys and the clothing SHE WAS WEARING THE MORNING OF HER DISAPPEARANCE, have been located.

I do hate when they use words like "tip" and then come to find out that it was some Mom walking her dog... Tip just makes it sound so much more sneaky or devious to me.

Mind you, they said "LOCATED" in reference to her clothes, inhaler, etc. They did NOT say where.... Important details that will come out later.

Just to get to my mail box is .3 mile(s) and I do that everyday and back again. But, I do live in the boonies outside of Santa Fe, NM. lol.

Lucky you! I love Santa Fe. jmo

Seriously, I don't know how this could be Sierra. It's way too far north, and if that trash can has only been there for a few days, then either someone knew right where Antolin put her body and took her up there after he went to jail. Which would REALLY disturb me because then there would be another creep out there in Morgan Hill that they would need to find.

one of the articles posted--a commentor mentioned shady DEA in pleasanton and that this body may be related to that....I don't know. I have my kids' open house tonight. DARN IT..must pull myself away.

Seriously, I don't know how this could be Sierra. It's way too far north, and if that trash can has only been there for a few days, then either someone knew right where Antolin put her body and took her up there after he went to jail. Which would REALLY disturb me because then there would be another creep out there in Morgan Hill that they would need to find.

One could make it from Morgan Hill to that location in two hours. Not THAT far north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3