Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iirc any high profile or media attention case . The county with that case are always called when a possible body is found. Iirc during Laci Peterson our hearts in here went into our throats a lot just like this.

I'm going from one place to another with this body being found. They said female, then the comment was "Looks to be a body" that tells me decomp so the body has been deceased for a bit. Then I think would AGT drive that far away? Why there? Did someone in his family go get the body and redump it up there? My gosh I hate that my brain is switching all over the place right now.

Apparently the body was found in a garbage can... so it must be recent. God, when did Northern California become so out of control??

I'm going from one place to another with this body being found. They said female, then the comment was "Looks to be a body" that tells me decomp so the body has been deceased for a bit. Then I think would AGT drive that far away? Why there? Did someone in his family go get the body and redump it up there? My gosh I hate that my brain is switching all over the place right now.

It's quite natural for you to be swirling right now. We want Sierra to come home so badly right now, it's understandable.

It should take no time at all for them to determine if this is a recent dump or if the body has been there for awhile, which in theory could immediately rule out Sierra. They were pretty quick to say it was female, so I'm leaning towards it being a more recent death, but we'll see.

Agreed. But, what if, and this is a HUGE what if, she hasn't been dead for two months? What if she has been alive and been held somewhere this whole time and with the recent arrest, she was taken care of an disposed of by ATG's accomplice, presuming he had one. Just a possibility, a thought, a fear.

Probably too much websleuthing on my part, but since we talk about all sorts of scenarios here, I thought I'd throw it out there.

If this Statement of Fact, is all that LE has.. I am very worried for the outcome of this case.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

I am sorry but this just isn't enought to convict him of murder. It seems to me that this may be a good chunk of their case and if it is, it is not as strong as I had hoped.
Just because she has not been tweeting or on FB means NOTHING, a person who is kidnapped and tucked away would obviously not be given a phone or laptop to tweet and surf social media sites.. this could easily be thrown out there and bring on reasonable doubt. Not to mention, there were tweets sent from Sierra's account (by friends on accident) that could also be brought in to suggest reasonable doubt that she is deceased.

The fact that the clothing she wore that day has been found, also means nothing. A person may have forced her to undress and left her handcuffed and unclothed, or even put different clothing on her. I also highly doubt that the kidnapper asked Sierra if she needed her inhaler to come with them before he kidnapped her.

A few people have also sent in supposed sightings, this could be brought up and suggest reasonable doubt as well. This case is just crazy and so confusing with the way LE is dealing with it. I would like to say they are doing a great job, but the more I read the more I feel that they are not exactly sure what they are doing and they are jumping the gun due to lack of experience with this type of crime.

I am finding that statement of fact to be ridiculously weak in this type of case. They can only put this man on trial for murder once! it's the only shot they have. I sure hope he doesn't get off because LE was so hasty to make an arrest.

It's just the beginning of a long drawn out process. The DA only has to release the minimum to get AGT bound over for trial. :moo:

Apparently the body was found in a garbage can... so it must be recent. God, when did Northern California become so out of control??

From what KGO 7 news were reporting . The garbage can they were taken garbage bags of evidence out in. Nothing was said about the body being found in it.
I guess I am wrong be back . I don't trust KTVU

LE did say that the lack of social media was just one element and that DNA evidence as well as other forensics lead them to the conclusion she was murdered. I too am a little concerned, but would be less so, depending upon where on her clothes his DNA was found and if hers was found in his car, what the source is, etc...we just don't know. They may even have come across video of her being forced into his car...they've been so quiet for so long. JMO

I agree that they did say it was one element, however they also said there was no blood evidence or murder weapon/crime scene so that leads me to believe that the DNA is skin/mitocondrial or something along those lines. If I am correct in that conclusion, that is not much to base a murder convicition on.

It also said that the DNA on Sierra's belonging is IN FACT ANTOLIN's DNA but the DNA in Antolins car was foreign and only had a strong association with Sierra's DNA that is what made me worry the most. It should say it is DEFINATELY HER DNA not that it was just strongly associated with hers. I feel as if they do not have a complete profile of her DNA from the car and that could be bad for the case.

I too am hoping for some type of DIRECT EVIDENCE ( a video, etc.) they did state they had some and usually that means eye witness testimony or video footage of a crime in process etc. Even confessions are not always direct evidence. I guess we will all just have to wait and see.

Agreed. But, what if, and this is a HUGE what if, she hasn't been dead for two months? What if she has been alive and been held somewhere this whole time and with the recent arrest, she was taken care of an disposed of by ATG's accomplice, presuming he had one. Just a possibility, a thought, a fear.

Probably too much websleuthing on my part, but since we talk about all sorts of scenarios here, I thought I'd throw it out there.

I don't think it's that big of an "if" at all honestly. It's always been a possibility in my mind.

No my brain is thinking since AGT had his head down and couldn't look at his family could he have spilled the beans of where SL is?

The trunk on our 99 Jetta was huge the way I recall. Anyone have a fresher memory on the topic than me though? It's been awhile.

No my brain is thinking since AGT had his head down and couldn't look at his family could he have spilled the beans of where SL is?

But would it have been able to be in a can, along side a road this whole time w/o being discovered?

Unless it wasn't IN the can, as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3