Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope every person in the area will go out and look around their property for this Girl

Why the conjecture about the body found in Pleasanton? LE has the SL perp locked up since Monday evening and had been watching him the prior 7 weeks. The trash bin was there no more than three days ago. The coroner's office rep said they would not have any news for at least a day, and that they would start with fingerprints.

I read about bodies found every week in the Bay Area. How about the confirmed female body located in the water close to the GG Bridge last week? Still don't have a name for her.

I would be personally shocked if this has anything to do with Sierra. JMO.

The three days is questionable, the person didn't say for sure not over 3 days just at least three days it was there. Torres could have bought a trash can and dumped before being arrested. maybe the trash can prompted LE arresting him as they may have assumed he was about to abduct again. The lady even said they were watching him but not every second and they didnt want him to do something to someone else so they chose to go ahead and arrest him now instead of waiting. They obviously had reason to believe he was up to something again.

Well I hope every person in the area will go out and look around their property for this Girl

I felt that way when people were asked to do that for Morgan Harrington. We didn't hear anything for a long time, until a farm owner was out riding on the back of his property for downed trees and such after a storm, and he spotted what looked like a deer carcass, and it was Morgan. He hadn't been home, had been on vacation.

My avatar is Morgan Harrington. The logo on it is Help The Next Girl.

The three days is questionable, the person didn't say for sure not over 3 days just at least three days it was there. Torres could have bought a trash can and dumped before being arrested. maybe the trash can prompted LE arresting him as they may have assumed he was about to abduct again. The lady even said they were watching him but not every second and they didnt want him to do something to someone else so they chose to go ahead and arrest him now instead of waiting. They obviously had reason to believe he was up to something again.

But then LE would know the body was in the bin! And where would he store it for over 9 weeks? Remember, there was a gps on the car he was driving. And if he had a decomposing body in that car, surely there would be evidence. It doesn't appear this punk went out of the confines of the county. We'll just have to wait for the answer.

The only hesitation I have regarding what evidence LE and if it is enough to prove Sierra is dead, is the statements from her family, saying they don't yet believe she is dead, not until she is found, etc...If LE has convincing proof, rather than just a number of circumstances, I would think the family would know. I don't see LE wanting to give the family any hope if they know for sure and yet there seems to be a disconnect. I know families don't want to believe this kind of news, but it still seems strange that the murder charge did not do it for them. It would for me, I think...JMO but then I have a lot of confidence in LE as a rule.

I think it is very, very common for families to hold onto hope well beyond the faintest shadow of a doubt to an uninvolved observer.

Many years ago, I lived in a town with a pair of bridges across the river, just behind the point where there was a weir in the river. The bridges looked like they were only an arm's length away but that was an optical illusion; they were actually 13 feet across at the narrowest point.

The current of the river before and over the weir is extremely fast and dangerous. It was well known that objects that went over the weir were pinned to the riverbed for anywhere from 48 hours to weeks, depending on the object.

One night, a college kid tried to shortcut from one bridge to the other to join his friends going the other way. He was probably under the influence, if not actually drunk. His friends saw him try to jump across the railings from one bridge to the other, saw him fall into the gap. They immediately ran to the end of the bridge and down to the bank, hoping to see that their friend had managed to grab the safety chain.

He wasn't there. He'd clearly gone over the weir.

His family clung to hope for the three weeks it took for his body to come to shore down river. They insisted he wouldn't have tried the bridge jump, that his friends were mistaken in the identity. They insisted he was such a strong swimmer he could survive the trip over the weir. They thought the whole thing was a mistake, that he must have been in an accident and had amnesia. They started telling the press that the whole thing was a cruel hoax.

Another example is Etan Patz. His parents have stayed in the same apartment ever since he disappeared and have retained the same phone number. Just in case he should want to reach out to them.

I don't see anything unusual about Marlene holding onto hope. LE could (and should) be as frank with her as possible but she will still hope for at least a while. I suspect that a good part of it is a protective mechanism; her mind is protecting her from being exposed to more than she can deal with.

But then LE would know the body was in the bin! And where would he store it for over 9 weeks? Remember, there was a gps on the car he was driving. And if he had a decomposing body in that car, surely there would be evidence. It doesn't appear this punk went out of the confines of the county. We'll just have to wait for the answer.

The family says they found the gps right away. I'm sure they took it off. Yes will have to wait for answers. Evidence will have to be processsed.

I felt that way when people were asked to do that for Morgan Harrington. We didn't hear anything for a long time, until a farm owner was out riding on the back of his property for downed trees and such after a storm, and he spotted what looked like a deer carcass, and it was Morgan. He hadn't been home, had been on vacation.

My avatar is Morgan Harrington. The logo on it is Help The Next Girl.

Oh my. I didn't know who your avatar was and I am not familar with the case. But, what you described above breaks my heart. Such a beautiful girl and what a tragic end. Oh it makes me so sad. I am going to look her up and read her story.

I think it is very, very common for families to hold onto hope well beyond the faintest shadow of a doubt to an uninvolved observer.

Many years ago, I lived in a town with a pair of bridges across the river, just behind the point where there was a weir in the river. The bridges looked like they were only an arm's length away but that was an optical illusion; they were actually 13 feet across at the narrowest point.

The current of the river before and over the weir is extremely fast and dangerous. It was well known that objects that went over the weir were pinned to the riverbed for anywhere from 48 hours to weeks, depending on the object.

One night, a college kid tried to shortcut from one bridge to the other to join his friends going the other way. He was probably under the influence, if not actually drunk. His friends saw him try to jump across the railings from one bridge to the other, saw him fall into the gap. They immediately ran to the end of the bridge and down to the bank, hoping to see that their friend had managed to grab the safety chain.

He wasn't there. He'd clearly gone over the weir.

His family clung to hope for the three weeks it took for his body to come to shore down river. They insisted he wouldn't have tried the bridge jump, that his friends were mistaken in the identity. They insisted he was such a strong swimmer he could survive the trip over the weir. They thought the whole thing was a mistake, that he must have been in an accident and had amnesia. They started telling the press that the whole thing was a cruel hoax.

Another example is Etan Patz. His parents have stayed in the same apartment ever since he disappeared and have retained the same phone number. Just in case he should want to reach out to them.

I don't see anything unusual about Marlene holding onto hope. LE could (and should) be as frank with her as possible but she will still hope for at least a while. I suspect that a good part of it is a protective mechanism; her mind is protecting her from being exposed to more than she can deal with.

What is weir? Is it like a dam? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member