Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She resembles Sierra a little with her long black hair and slight build. That is chilling.

I just found the video with her and the family in it, and yes, she is very similar.

Let's hope that his mother can get through to him. She has already said that he has asked her to be strong and look after his little family. I don't think he is devoid of all his humanity, hopefully she will try and make this a little less horrific for the LaMars and other loved ones, by getting him to confess and tell all. Be strong Laura! Help undo a little bit of what he's done.

I also saw another picture in my travels through the articles of RG's daughter, like Sierra's friends, her innocence has been stolen too.

Hey All, I'm sure you know this, but it's Mssing Children's Day, at least in the US. The anniversary (33rd?) of Ethan Patz's disappearance.

:rose:
:candle:

Morning everyone, I had a difficult time sleeping last night thinking about the possibility of this body being Sierra. While I think that it's highly unlikely, for many reasons, I think they need to use this body as leverage against Antolin. If they told him, we found Sierra's body, now let's hear your story, I think maybe he would start to talk. Don't know what others think but I thought I would put it out there and just see. What do you think?

Morning everyone, I had a difficult time sleeping last night thinking about the possibility of this body being Sierra. While I think that it's highly unlikely, for many reasons, I think they need to use this body as leverage against Antolin. If they told him, we found Sierra's body, now let's hear your story, I think maybe he would start to talk. Don't know what others think but I thought I would put it out there and just see. What do you think?

Probably not as he would know if it was her or not. I like the outside of the box thinking though.:coffee:

I'm still about 5 pages back, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

I wonder if AGT went to visit his father in prison within the past 2 months. Specifically, before LE put him under 24/7 surveillance. If he was in a situation where he could only talk on a phone through a glass wall (like CA) I wonder if they have listened to his phone calls. Perhaps he revealed something to his father.

I don't think so. He has an attorney.

Can someone repost or point me to the post that has the courtroom clip everyone is commenting on, ie. his demeanor and the wife? TIA

Morning everyone, I had a difficult time sleeping last night thinking about the possibility of this body being Sierra. While I think that it's highly unlikely, for many reasons, I think they need to use this body as leverage against Antolin. If they told him, we found Sierra's body, now let's hear your story, I think maybe he would start to talk. Don't know what others think but I thought I would put it out there and just see. What do you think?[/Q

So far from what we know he hasn't talked. Now that he has counsel, it is even more unlikely that he will speak unless offered a deal. I'm sure his counsel is going to want sufficient time to review all the evidence that they have against him. If there is any doubt as to his guilt, we can most likely expect a lengthy trial.

There was a article or video posted I'm trying to find. It said something about a struggle between LE and the DA on why they had waited to make a arrest. I think the DA wanted more evidence first and the sheriff wanted to get him off the streets? I could be all mixed up here, but I can't find the media link.

Anyway, since LE had him under 24 hour surviellance and they did state that they wanted him off the streets before he harmed another little girl, I really have to think that they were very concerned about his behavior. They know so much more than we do from watching all his actions and the evidence they have.

Unless AGT is willing to give up info on where Sierra is, it is probably best that this trial is delayed for as long as possible so LE can continue to build a rock solid case against him.

Here is video of he DA talking about the cases: http://milpitas.patch.com/articles/...r-suspect-prosecution-442d5d75#video-10053929

Well He knows where he left the body!
Do they say where a body was found? If it was found at such and such a place but he left her at this other place then i dont think he will say sheet!

Good Morning Mamamia!!! I know what you mean about the difficulty sleeping. In the beginning of this case, I got my days and nights mixed up and had a heck of a time getting back on schedule. Even when I had been up for hours, I had a hard time sleeping. My mind wouldn't shut down.

If I was there I would make you a nice big cup of coffee!!!

Ok, this is what I was thinking, LE will lie to get a confession, that is well known, so they wouldn't need to tell him where they found it, just that the body had been located. Maybe I'm wrong though since he has an attorney now, that would change things.

And thank you for the offer of coffee, I have one now, thank heavens lol.

It's my opinion she did not know him at all. I get the impression he was a total predator, always scoping out the scene. He didn't have a wife, child, job, with a "hobby" on the side of raping girls. His life was raping girls and the wife, job, child where to help support (cover) that.

I'm thinking he was constantly taking note of pretty girls, good hiding places, vacant houses and sheds, always plotting.

I can't imagine he was able to snatch Sierra in the few minutes before she leaves her house for the bus, on a darker, rainy day, knowing she would be alone and that the workers that normally were in the nearby field happened to be in a different field that day.

He had to have put some time and thought into pulling this off, and poor Sierra didn't stand a chance :(

JMO

I am WAAAAY behind, and this may be a stupid question... if he STALKED her before he kidnapped her, (i.e. got to know her habits, schedule, etc.) would you still consider him a stranger? She had never had any social interaction with him, but he knew her.

If, in fact, it turns out that the car that was bothering her WAS his, how do you feel about him being classified a stranger. Per her SM she spoke to that guy at least once, and her words were antagonistic.

The worst part is her not being found, IMO...
I read that at her school they were told by admin to not give up, that she could still be alive :( I am not sure this is the best advice JMO...

I saw that also and I did not think that was good advice to give these young
People.

keep in mind that out of the cases that go to trial, the prosecution wins 90+%. So the odds are against the defence from the beginning.

Personally, i admire and support fully the work of defence attorneys. Without strong, aggressive defence attorneys, we would live in a virtual police state. They are the guardians of the system, as much as the prosecutors are.

To me, living in a (relatively) free society has value, it has worth. But in every situation, there is always a trade off. In this case, the trade off to living in a society where only 5% of the people convicted and in prison today are actually innocent is that a few guilty defendants will go free.

Sure, as a society we could tighten down the system to ensure even more convictions. The trade off for that, though, would be that we'd have to be willing to accept even more falsely convicted prisoners.

As it is, i'm really uncomfortable with the thought that 1 in 20 prisoners is actually innocent of what they were convicted of. It's easy to look at the stats because i'm not one of those innocent prisoners. I'm absolutely certain that if i were one of those 5%, i would find cold comfort in the idea that i was an acceptable price to pay in a system that balances the rights of the citizen against the powers of the state.

amen!

Sierra's poor best friend is regretting not face-timing her the night before she went missing and feels guilty for smiling on her birthday (the friend that is). My heart breaks for this child and Sierra's other close friends. I really hope these girls are receiving infinite amounts of love and support from their family and administrators at school. I can't imagine how painful it would be to lose a best friend at the age of 15, heck I can't even imagine how i would deal with the loss of my best friend now. Sending lots of love and prayers their way!

I was/am in the same type of situation (as are many of her close friends) and Im here to tell you, even after 20 years and plenty of counseling, that guilt NEVER goes away. The not knowing is the hardest part... but I still have days that I wonder *why am I so lucky?* and is it okay for me to be happy? It's just beyond devastating.

MO MO - Tracy A Pickett, 14, Joplin, 12 Aug 1992 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Sierra's poor best friend is regretting not face-timing her the night before she went missing and feels guilty for smiling on her birthday (the friend that is). My heart breaks for this child and Sierra's other close friends. I really hope these girls are receiving infinite amounts of love and support from their family and administrators at school. I can't imagine how painful it would be to lose a best friend at the age of 15, heck I can't even imagine how i would deal with the loss of my best friend now. Sending lots of love and prayers their way!

From what I am reading they are planning another Vigil at Washington High in Fremont on June 1st. Since I live in Fremont I am planning to go and show my support and maybe if possible see if I can talk to some of them.Let them know there are people that care. And they need to talk to their parents how they feel and not just tweet about it.

From what I am reading they are planning another Vigil at Washington High in Fremont on June 1st. Since I live in Fremont I am planning to go and show my support and maybe if possible see if I can talk to some of them.Let them know there are people that care. And they need to talk to their parents how they feel and not just tweet about it.

I am WAAAAY behind, and this may be a stupid question... if he STALKED her before he kidnapped her, (i.e. got to know her habits, schedule, etc.) would you still consider him a stranger? She had never had any social interaction with him, but he knew her.

If, in fact, it turns out that the car that was bothering her WAS his, how do you feel about him being classified a stranger. Per her SM she spoke to that guy at least once, and her words were antagonistic.

Yes, I would consider him a creepy stranger in the scenerios you posted above.

Now, if he had seen her and stopped to talk to her, slowly gaining her trust with his smooth personality, I would consider him an accointance. It depends on whether she told him to f-off or not.

I don't think we will ever know the answer to this but I think he most likely pounced on her because that's the way he works. Of course this is JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc