Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed that this guy managed to pull this off and conceal Sierra so that she still hasn't been found and LE appear to have no idea where she is.

They stated that they do not have blood- but they arrested him because he was a danger to the public ( I am guessing this is after they cross referenced him with the other attacks and DNA showed his involvement- ie repeat offender likely to offend again ).

I said when he was arrested that I found it unusual that he had no serious priors. Relatively well behaved 21 year old men don't typically go and kidnap a 15 year old girl in broad daylight... IMO

Oh- just another observation- the use of the word 'lady' to describe Sierra is an idiomatic thing- 'lady' is a polite way to refer to the 'girl' and NOT implying she was a grown woman- just trying to give Sierra a respectful title IMO.

And as for FS- I keep forgetting she is a mere 4 years older than Sierra- still a kid herself and it sounds like she is seething with jealousy that her man is being accused of having an interest in Sierra. She is also pregnant and when I was pregnant I was completely dooolalllly- ie not of sound mind and of two bodies. Does NOT excuse her foul language- but for her at 19, a 15 year old is a peer threat not an innocent child like we see.

I think you hit on a key point here. I'm not disagreeing, just posting from another perspective (mostly about your comments that are in bold), because I agree with what you are saying.

For one thing, they may have cross-referenced his DNA with that in CODIS, but that wasn't necessarily why he was caught. It may have verified what LE thought, but the reason they knew they could arrest him is because they saw his car on surveillance footage they obtained, the car belonged to him and ultimately had Sierra's DNA inside it. There was no necessity, the way I see it, to check CODIS, especially if the reports that he provided LE with DNA samples are correct (not at a point I can find sources right now, but if anyone can ;) ). - (edit: sorry, I am still going on a little about the necessity of keeping a database of everyone's DNA...I think overall it is a bad idea and this may be a case that proves it isn't necessary after all; but it also pertains to your post, imo).

Also, since we were talking last night about LE being so 'adamant' that SL must be deceased is because they want to get AGT for murder (adamant was later stated to be too strong a word, but I think that's what Smith was trying to be). You can't not be firm about the victim being deceased if that's what you are going to arrest for. I think Laurie Smith starting off that initial post-arrest presser by accidentally stating SL was "possibly deceased" and quickly switching to she "definitely" was deceased was a Freudian slip. I think in the back of their minds LE know without a body it's hard to be definite, let alone make a conviction, when you aren't even sure if the victim is dead. I mean, SL isn't being social anymore? Most people held prisoner aren't able to, right? Again, I KNOW it's a long-shot, but I still think it's important.

Hollow trees are a good thought and there is also a recent local-ish case that has gotten quite a bit of press. The "speed freak killers" they hid body's in an abandoned well. The bodys were only found after years of searching due to a confession. All the farm area is home to many abandoned wells...

The old farmhouse in San Martin and area needs to be searched!!

I can see that, especially since the average American woman has brown hair and brown or hazel eyes. Blue eyes and blonde hair are becoming less common.

Recently a saw a toddler sitting in the food court. She had very very light blond curley hair and big blue eyes. I couldn't stop looking at her. It was so rare to see. They truly are a minority.

Recently a saw a toddler sitting in the food court. She had very very light blond curley hair and big blue eyes. I couldn't stop looking at her. It was so rare to see. They truly are a minority.

I thought everyone in California had blonde hair, long legs and a tan. Just like everyone thinks here in Texas we all ride horses. lol

With all due respect she was 17- not 14. I also feel bad for her and I feel bad that she doesn't have someone with sense around her to stop her making vile posts- her friends on fb are turning on her- she's the gossip of the town and pregnant and her partner is someone she never imagined and she must KNOW deep down... and she's trying to lie and pretend it's not so... But is she a 'victim' of his? Not in my eyes... a 17 year old and a 19 year old bonking is pretty normal where I'm from...

I thought she gave birth at 15, my apologies for that. Character assassination is still not cool, whichever way it goes. And I choose to believe she will 'see the light' once awareness and distance make it so -- she is wounded, and we just do not know how deeply so. But throwing stones at her is not very elegant and it helps no one.

Maybe the next few days will prove me wrong; but for now I don't think she is either in the middle of it. I think she is in a denial the size of Texas. with two children to feed.

East Palo Alto is 50 miles north of Morgan Hill. Oakland must be 100. It could be less if inland freeways are used...I don't know as I never have reason or need to go to Oakland.

If you take the I-880 it is only a 45 minute drive from Oakland to San Jose. Of course traffic slows it down, but it is not very far away at all.

I thought she gave birth at 15, my apologies for that. Character assassination is still not cool, whichever way it goes. And I choose to believe she will 'see the light' once awareness and distance make it so -- she is wounded, and we just do not know how deeply so. But throwing stones at her is not very elegant and it helps no one.

Maybe the next few days will prove me wrong; but for now I don't think she is either in the middle of it. I think she is in a denial the size of Texas. with two children to feed.

I hope she is able to accept reality and get some help for herself and her daughter. Also the child on the way. If not this whole way of life will just be perpetuated from one to the other. jmo

I hope she is able to accept reality and get some help for herself and her daughter. Also the child on the way. If not this whole way of life will just be perpetuated from one to the other. jmo

I know. I hope so, too. Do we know if she has moved out of the trailer?

With all due respect she was 17- not 14. I also feel bad for her and I feel bad that she doesn't have someone with sense around her to stop her making vile posts- her friends on fb are turning on her- she's the gossip of the town and pregnant and her partner is someone she never imagined and she must KNOW deep down... and she's trying to lie and pretend it's not so... But is she a 'victim' of his? Not in my eyes... a 17 year old and a 19 year old bonking is pretty normal where I'm from...

I agree. There is no excuse for her actions. Just like if someone is molested as a child it in no way excuses them from molesting when they are older. If she didnt post what she did I believe alot more ppl would have much more empathy for her. JMO

Yah- in earlier posts somebody got it wrong about her age- she's 19 now and her eldest is a year and a half old and AGT is 21. I feel sorry for her as her world and the fish bowl that she lives in has just blown up- 19... 2 kids... lives with boyfriend's mum in a trailer park... prior arrest for theft... husband obviously attracted to 15 year old beautiful girl over her and she KNOWS... deep down... she knows it... and she is seething with jealousy and attacking Sierra. I do not condone it in any way shape or form- but i try and see it from her eyes and mentality and age and I understand the lashing out. She's lost completely everything and Sierra is her focus of her completely misplaced blame.

I thought everyone in California had blonde hair, long legs and a tan. Just like everyone thinks here in Texas we all ride horses. lol

LOL.
....even Australia, where I assumed everyone was blond and tan..is not that way anymore. Blondes are becoming extinct. They need to be put on the endangered specis list.

Seriously guys, cut Francine some freaking slack. She was a child herself -FOURTEEN- when the SOB raped her (statutory rape charges were brought, then dropped) and got her pregnant. We do not know what kind of emotional, physical, and maybe sexual abuse she has endured in the past five years. Stockholm syndrome anyone? It saddens me that we are mourning one girl (much deserved, sweet Sierra will be missed) while trashing another one.

Francine will need extensive professional help, and maybe so will the perp's mom. I choose to not forget that. I can only imagine living in a tiny azz trailer with a piece of work like him for years ans escape with my psyche intact. I choose to think she can still be saved. But that's just me.

I consider FS a victim of her own family (how she was raised, etc), but having a difficult time with compassion for her plight today. Where was her own family when she was 14 or 15 and seeing a much older guy?

I do have feeling for ADT/FS's children, in particular the daughter. It seems that in some cases, this turns into a generational repeat.
icon9.gif

Me too. And I have a question for anyone who knows. The horrible posts pertaining to SL's twitter page. Does anyone think these post were read by those people before she went missing or read afterwards?

I am asking if you think they knew her or followed her before it was on the news. tia

I'm not sure but it definitely makes me want to monitor all of my daughters twitter pages when they have one. It is so important to talk to them about what they post in a public forum. Just talking to them about it isn't enough though. You have to follow them/be their friend so you can see what they are posting for yourself. Sometimes that isn't even enough.

I consider FS a victim of her own family (how she was raised, etc), but having a difficult time with compassion for her plight today. Where was her own family when she was 14 or 15 and seeing a much older guy?

I do have feeling for ADT/FS's children, in particular the daughter. It seems that in some cases, this turns into a generational repeat.
icon9.gif

Concur. Y'all pretty freaking awesome people :grouphug:

Yah- in earlier posts somebody got it wrong about her age- she's 19 now and her eldest is a year and a half old and AGT is 21. I feel sorry for her as her world and the fish bowl that she lives in has just blown up- 19... 2 kids... lives with boyfriend's mum in a trailer park... prior arrest for theft... husband obviously attracted to 15 year old beautiful girl over her and she KNOWS... deep down... she knows it... and she is seething with jealousy and attacking Sierra. I do not condone it in any way shape or form- but i try and see it from her eyes and mentality and age and I understand the lashing out. She's lost completely everything and Sierra is her focus of her completely misplaced blame.

What did I miss? Perp's wife is in denial. I wonder what time he got home that day. She would have to know something was up...well then again, maybe not. He had to be acting strange. I We knew he had to get rid of the bag and the books quickly, now we know why.

I agree. There is no excuse for her actions. Just like if someone is molested as a child it in no way excuses them from molesting when they are older. If she didnt post what she did I believe alot more ppl would have much more empathy for her. JMO

I'm not sure but it definitely makes me want to monitor all of my daughters twitter pages when they have one. It is so important to talk to them about what they post in a public forum. Just talking to them about it isn't enough though. You have to follow them/be their friend so you can see what they are posting for yourself. Sometimes that isn't even enough.

I remember my mother always said, 'fools names and fools faces always appear in public places'. Seems that admonition is coming true with FB, MS, and Twitter. Nothing is private. jmo

I hear you, I have a son that is a social butterfly on twitter and FB and he is 22 years old. He always post a comment and even his friends don't get it. They are usually vulgar and are lyric's to songs. Even his friends miss it is lyric's and not him actually saying it himself. However I've tried to tell him it looks bad and will stay with him. He doesn't see it yet, most kids especially today's kids live by the hour only. All I have to say is thank goodness I didn't have any girls. I'd lock them up in the house. LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kjeezy123