Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about comparing dental records. How long does that take? Wouldn't MH police provide Sierra's dentals for comparison? Is that a lengthy process to determine possible identification?

Trying to keep up, but am wondering if any mention of her shoes has come up. I haven't read anything that is recent, maybe he had them in his car or even in the closet at the RV that he lives in.

We need to keep in mind that we don't know when sl was murdered nor do we know what state of decomp this body was found in. Just stating the obvious

I don't think the body had been in there long. If a long time it breaks down and liqufies. They actually had an intact body seems to me or they would not be able to put it on a guerney. They would have to take it in inside the trash can. jmo

Don't know if any of these cases have been cleared up

Wednesday, Feb. 15
Two missing-person cases filed: at 8:26 a.m. on the 900 block of Madiera Drive; and at 12:35 p.m. on the 4800 block of Muirwood Drive

Sunday, Feb. 12
Missing-person case filed at 9:58 a.m. on the 1600 block of Calle Santiago

What day was the gf arrested for shoplifting? Wonder what she lifted.

from your link:

MORGAN HILL, Calif - Santa Clara County Sheriff's Deputies are asking for property owners help in finding Sierra Lamar's body.

In an effort to maximize the resources to locate Sierra, the Sheriff's Office is encouraging the community and rural property owners to continue searches of land, water shorelines, creeks, streams, private property wells, large containers and abandoned sheds or outhouse structures.

The areas of focus should be south Santa Clara County and the land bordering our county such as north San Benito County, north Monterey County and east Santa Cruz County.

What is so upsetting to me is that we know there is a body out there somewhere and while they are looking for it another one turns up. It is like an epidemic. jmo

Much less the number of bodies that are never found!

If this Statement of Fact, is all that LE has.. I am very worried for the outcome of this case.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kion/statement_of_fact.pdf

I am sorry but this just isn't enought to convict him of murder. It seems to me that this may be a good chunk of their case and if it is, it is not as strong as I had hoped.
Just because she has not been tweeting or on FB means NOTHING, a person who is kidnapped and tucked away would obviously not be given a phone or laptop to tweet and surf social media sites.. this could easily be thrown out there and bring on reasonable doubt. Not to mention, there were tweets sent from Sierra's account (by friends on accident) that could also be brought in to suggest reasonable doubt that she is deceased.

The fact that the clothing she wore that day has been found, also means nothing. A person may have forced her to undress and left her handcuffed and unclothed, or even put different clothing on her. I also highly doubt that the kidnapper asked Sierra if she needed her inhaler to come with them before he kidnapped her.

A few people have also sent in supposed sightings, this could be brought up and suggest reasonable doubt as well. This case is just crazy and so confusing with the way LE is dealing with it. I would like to say they are doing a great job, but the more I read the more I feel that they are not exactly sure what they are doing and they are jumping the gun due to lack of experience with this type of crime.

I am finding that statement of fact to be ridiculously weak in this type of case. They can only put this man on trial for murder once! it's the only shot they have. I sure hope he doesn't get off because LE was so hasty to make an arrest.

It is highly unlikely that the statement of fact is all LE has. It's routine for the prosecutor to show just enough fact to justify the charge, no more. It's an arraignment, not a trial. All the prosecutor has to do at this point is persuade the judge that there's good reason to think that AGT committed the crime.

Prosecutors do have to disclose to the defence all the material they have (discovery). They do not have to disclose everything they have to the general public at the arraignment. By only giving out enough facts to get an arraignment, the prosecution reduces the chances of witness tampering, changes in witness testimony, etc.

Unless the prosecutor is hopelessly incompetent, all that has been revealed is the bare outlines of the case against AGT while they have a lot more information which fills out that outline.

On a side note: I just received information from a reporter that the December 2009 rape of a jogger in Morgan Hill that I posted about here on this forum, has been looked in to and ATG has been ruled out in that case. She talked to Morgan Hill police and they confirmed that he is not involved.

So they have looked at all unsolved assaults and unfortunately, that means that there is at least one other sexual predator that has been in Morgan Hill, although 3.5 years ago.

Here's the link to her story from today. It talks about it at the end.

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/family-continues-to-defend-lamar-murder-suspect-despite-evidence

I wonder about comparing dental records. How long does that take? Wouldn't MH police provide Sierra's dentals for comparison? Is that a lengthy process to determine possible identification?

Nope it's a very quick means of identification if you have the records on hand. We Id'd a body here in less than an hour that way not too long ago. But the records were already on hand.

Why the conjecture about the body found in Pleasanton? LE has the SL perp locked up since Monday evening and had been watching him the prior 7 weeks. The trash bin was there no more than three days ago. The coroner's office rep said they would not have any news for at least a day, and that they would start with fingerprints.

I read about bodies found every week in the Bay Area. How about the confirmed female body located in the water close to the GG Bridge last week? Still don't have a name for her.

I would be personally shocked if this has anything to do with Sierra. JMO.

from your link:

MORGAN HILL, Calif - Santa Clara County Sheriff's Deputies are asking for property owners help in finding Sierra Lamar's body.

In an effort to maximize the resources to locate Sierra, the Sheriff's Office is encouraging the community and rural property owners to continue searches of land, water shorelines, creeks, streams, private property wells, large containers and abandoned sheds or outhouse structures.

The areas of focus should be south Santa Clara County and the land bordering our county such as north San Benito County, north Monterey County and east Santa Cruz County.

The update time on this release was approx 7pm CDT. Would that be before or after the body was found?? Not sure what time it was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18