Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what they are searching for there, if the body yesterday was Sierra, would they still be searching today?

I read an article where an officer was saying they had orders to not be looking for one thing in the search, to keep their eyes open for /anything/ that might be related. I posted it on here when I read that, I will try to find it again.

This makes me think they might be looking for something other than a body, esp. since they are going over the same water several times. Maybe a weapon, something that belongs to her, something that belongs to AGT that might have implicated him..

I'm confused by the whole thing but assume they know what they are doing!

Maybe it's just because my mother is in town right now, but it's very hard to not feel for the perp's babies and their grandmother. Can't imagine what would happen to my mom and two little girls if I was apparently going away forever....

I didn't see the article until this morning. The only time I'd have would be right now, it's close ... BRB! Maybe I'll take a picture with my phone and post it.

Yesterday, it was blocked off. Apparently it's .6 mile from a major shopping mall. There were news crews from NBC & ABC there at one lone house right off the road, but not much else to see. There are some expensive homes around, but also woods, very rural. Will try to post some pictures this evening...

But no one had been arrested for Elizabeth's murder...

I don't really think that makes a difference. Missing is missing. Elizabeth wasn't able to text, get on the internet, socialize, etc...I just hope they got something better than that on AGT.

Marc K. is putting confusing statements out there...the other day, he was talking about how Sierra needs to be found so that the perp could not make a deal by giving up where her body is...now he is indicating that she could be alive??

He knows how LE works-does he really think they would charge this guy with murder just for the heck of it? I don't think he should be raising the hopes of the family at this time. JMO

I don't really think that makes a difference. Missing is missing. Elizabeth wasn't able to text, get on the internet, socialize, etc...I just hope they got something better than that on AGT.

It does make a difference, they have a suspect, they have DNA, and video and witnesses and maybe even video of him taking her , for all we know. They are charging him with murdering her. LE doesn't just do that for kicks. JMO

I read an article where an officer was saying they had orders to not be looking for one thing in the search, to keep their eyes open for /anything/ that might be related. I posted it on here when I read that, I will try to find it again.

This makes me think they might be looking for something other than a body, esp. since they are going over the same water several times. Maybe a weapon, something that belongs to her, something that belongs to AGT that might have implicated him..

When the searchers go out from the search center. They tell us to keep your eyes open for anything. And not anything in particular.. And to keep an open mind at what you see.

To me I think he meant to think out of the box, to not only look for items, but the terrain, broken trees, misplaced rocks, anything that looks like it was disturbed, dug, moved.

Marc K. is putting confusing statements out there...the other day, he was talking about how Sierra needs to be found so that the perp could not make a deal by giving up where her body is...now he is indicating that she could be alive??

He knows how LE works-does he really think they would charge this guy with murder just for the heck of it? I don't think he should be raising the hopes of the family at this time. JMO

So do you actually think Marlene believes Sierra is alive because Mark Klaas thinks so?

So do you actually think Marlene believes Sierra is alive because Mark Klaas thinks so?

I think he is probably helping them keep their hopes alive..which is fine, in theory, but what if she is never found? This case is going to trial as a murder case, as far as I can tell...I just don't think he is doing them any favors. It is JMO. And I do not think LE has released all of their evidence yet, and won't, until they have to give it to the other side.

It hit me as strange that Marc would be making these statements recently, especially someone who has gone through this horror and has been involved with missing kids for almost 20 years. He even made me feel hopeful that she's alive.

I think MarK Klaas is doing it to keep the public interested and out there LOOKING. Maybe statistics show that more people go out and look for live people then dead people

I think MarK Klaas is doing it to keep the public interested and out there LOOKING. Maybe statistics show that more people go out and look for live people then dead people

That is possible...but honestly, do volunteers doing ground searches months later really think they are going to find a live Sierra? Also, it does seem as though this case has had lots of support all along and I think people still want to help if they can. But they can't search the waterways and LE seems truly focused on those.

I have no doubt that LE has MORE than adequate reason to name this a murder case so early on. They did not need to do so to arrest him-they could have charged him with kidnapping or something else, maybe even tampering, since they had his DNA on her things. But they went straight to murder. JMO

ETA: Sierra is NOT going to be spotted in a mall, JMO

Maybe it's just because my mother is in town right now, but it's very hard to not feel for the perp's babies and their grandmother. Can't imagine what would happen to my mom and two little girls if I was apparently going away forever....

It is sad, yet AGT has only himself to blame. Pretty damn thoughtless putting his family and those closest through this hell. He would be doing his family a favor by "manning up" if he is guilty.

Good point, Lera. Thanks!

It hit me as strange that Marc would be making these statements recently, especially someone who has gone through this horror and has been involved with missing kids for almost 20 years. He even made me feel hopeful that she's alive.

Yes, lots of experience. I would bet that he knows exactly what to do.

When the searchers go out from the search center. They tell us to keep your eyes open for anything. And not anything in particular.. And to keep an open mind at what you see.

The article stated to look for something that might have been placed in at the shore, but slipped further out. That seems more specific to me, then looking for just anything, imo.

I'm trying to find it but my computer keeps freezing.

Yes, they are back at Uvas. I guess that's where he went "fishing" alot.

When did they start the reservoir searches? Did this correlate with when they released a description of the car? I wonder if a witness has placed his car near the reservoir/reported seeing something suspicious there.

Maybe I am just a pessimist or a cynic...but I have always believed that Stacey Peterson, Laci Peterson, Susan Powell, etc. etc. etc. were dead the very day they were known to be missing. And in Susan and Stacey's case, LE was very hesitant to bring charges. LE almost never brings about a "no body" case when the victim has been missing for such a short time. Time passing is one of the elements of the case.

Even as a cynic...I DO have great faith in LE overall, only occasionally proved wrong by specific incidents or personnel. I think this was a huge step for LE to take at this time in Sierra's case and believe they have much more than we know as of yet. What I worry about is the long-term, if Sierra is never found-if this family and her friends will ever truly accept her being gone. And especially her family, who will need to come to terms before any trial.

JMOJMOJMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member