Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the account of the incident every bit as problematic of a story as a similar recent incident NOT linked to AGT.
The girl's mother anonymously contacted the media to tell a story of her daughter, a black belt, being assaulted and hit in the neck with a stun gun that rendered her unconscious. The man in a red car was pulled up right beside her, yet, though she is unconscious her mother tells how she screamed, fought back and got away...somehow.
She was taken to a hospital. No further word on her injury's nor explanation why this story came not from LE blotters, but from the girl's mother.

I found the account of the incident every bit as problematic of a story as a similar recent incident NOT linked to AGT.
The girl's mother anonymously contacted the media to tell a story of her daughter, a black belt, being assaulted and hit in the neck with a stun gun that rendered her unconscious. The man in a red car was pulled up right beside her, yet, though she is unconscious her mother tells how she screamed, fought back and got away...somehow.
She was taken to a hospital. No further word on her injury's nor explanation why this story came not from LE blotters, but from the girl's mother.

I don't know what they mean by "hit her with the taser" (I doubt the media who writes these articles do, either), but Tasers can be used in two ways. One way is by shooting out the prongs which interrupts the body's nervous system with an electrical current, and the other way is by holding the taser against the victim, which causes pain. But maybe the perp did end up having to use it as something to hit his victim with at some point, who knows.

Having read several accounts of the 2009 incident he is being linked to, I still have a few questions.

The woman said he entered her vehicle from the rear door and hit her several times in the head with his fists. Then he hit her a few times with a taser.
I thought tasers sent out prongs that attached to the skin.
She was hit a few times in the neck with the taser.

Does that mean he fired once and pistol-whipped her with it after that?
I didn't know they reloaded that quickly and easily. To fire several times in succession.
And she wasn't unconscious?

In any case, I wondered if the woman was transported and sought medical attention. I have yet to read THAT anywhere.

Also in the many articles I came across, the manager said they had video surveillance of the lot.
I don't suppose that video showed the assailant going back to AGT car in the employee lot after running away? I know one victim said he was a white or hispanic man around 30, driving a white Honda.

It seemed strange they would have DNA from this woman's backseat to match, but not the other woman who also claimed the man entered her backseat, she removed a pocket knife from her glove box, he takes it away from her and holds it to her neck. She decides to start screaming so he runs away. No DNA from this case?

LE claims he's the guy and have his DNA to prove it and aren't charging him for the assault?

Here is a article talking a little bit about the attacks. The term taser is commonly confused with stun gun. That's what appears to have happened in the media in this case.

The suspect used a stun gun on one of the victims, and punched another of the female victims in the string of assaults. Smith did not say which of the three incidents Garcia-Torres was linked to.
Police produced an artist’s rendering of the suspect shortly after the Safeway attacks, and even recovered his stun gun, but the crimes were never solved.
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/...cle_03990f2c-c0a6-5c52-9939-20c89e1a65a9.html

I was able to pull up the original newspaper article in 2009 on the internet a while back but it may be burried now. I'll try and find it though.

In the video in this article it says we did collect evidence, maintain evidence and preserve that evidence in reference to the Safeway attack. The evidence is referred to as forensic evidence.

Also included in the article are links to the press conference. Sheriff Smith also refers to the Safeway evidence as forensic evidence. She also says that they just recently connected the cases. IMO, they started reviewing unsolved crimes in the area and found "forensic evidence" to connect them to him. When SS is asked about the DNA found in the bag she states that it is found in multiple places. It sounds to me like she is talking about more than just a small amount of skin cells in one spot.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/vi...press-conference-on-sierra-lamar-murder-pt-1/

Hopefully thoughout the court process the information that everyone has questions about will be revealed. Sometimes it's not though as in the Aliahna Lemmon case in which the murderer plead guilty in exchange for life in prison. The prosecutors said it spared the community from the gorie details.

Having read several accounts of the 2009 incident he is being linked to, I still have a few questions.

The woman said he entered her vehicle from the rear door and hit her several times in the head with his fists. Then he hit her a few times with a taser.
I thought tasers sent out prongs that attached to the skin.
She was hit a few times in the neck with the taser.

Does that mean he fired once and pistol-whipped her with it after that?
I didn't know they reloaded that quickly and easily. To fire several times in succession.
And she wasn't unconscious?

In any case, I wondered if the woman was transported and sought medical attention. I have yet to read THAT anywhere.

Also in the many articles I came across, the manager said they had video surveillance of the lot.
I don't suppose that video showed the assailant going back to AGT car in the employee lot after running away? I know one victim said he was a white or hispanic man around 30, driving a white Honda.

It seemed strange they would have DNA from this woman's backseat to match, but not the other woman who also claimed the man entered her backseat, she removed a pocket knife from her glove box, he takes it away from her and holds it to her neck. She decides to start screaming so he runs away. No DNA from this case?

LE claims he's the guy and have his DNA to prove it and aren't charging him for the assault?

I cannot for the life of me find the article, maybe someone with better google skills can, but I know I read just a few days ago that they were completing the report regarding the safeway attacks and will submit it soon, so it seems like he will be charged for at least the one he is linked to.

I agree. I don't think he was out looking for scrap metal that day. His family said he was planning to go fishing that day so it doesn't sound like he was "working" or whatever you want to call it that morning. There's really no excuse for him to be on her street. The only possible excuse I can I think he could give is that he got lost, but that doesn't really make sense either because he supposedly knew the area and drove by her street often. And still, that's not even an excuse. Even if he was scavenging on her street, that doesn't explain why he would take Sierra.

I just find it highly unlikely that he just got lucky that he drove down her street looking for scrap metal at that early time in the morning at the same time she was walking to the bus stop.

Just jumping off your post...

Asking - is the Safeway down the main street (the one that Sierra's street interects) ? and which way is Uvas Reservoir? Is that down that way, or he had gone a different route to there? Don't know the area well, and not so good at maps! LOL! :fence:

And I agree on krkrjx about him "stalking/staking out the Safeway parking lot and store! :what:

That was the same CBS report that in print stated that there were skin fragments on the victim's clothing. Len Ramirez attended this press conference for CBS and wrote the article. As I described upstream, skin fragments can be obtained from various incidents & sources, such as from under the victim's nails.

Tuliptiptoe, enter police sergeant Troy Hoefling of the Morgan Hill force, as he is the one who readied the charges and will be sending them to the D.A. (Assault by A.G.-T.)

Just to clarify she said you must feel 'LUCKY' protected by steel. 'Lucky07' was also a vanity plate owned by AGT at one time. Not sure if he still was using it.

I may well be mistaken (my memory is awful) and if so, my apologies in advance.

I seem to recall, though, that the "Lucky07" vanity plate was a picture from AGT's MySpace page. At first, WS'ers thought it meant that it was his plate but then the consensus was that it was more likely to be a car he saw on the street that he photographed.

I wonder if there is some way for the general public to run a license plate and find out who it is (or was) registered to?

I'd think that a plate like "Lucky07" would be popular and sought after.

Law Enforcement can run the plate, and presumably they have.
Keyboard sleuths....sorry, not really a resource that should be available to you-
All, or all-you-all, or we-all, in my opinion.

Some bit of privacy might be valued by any of us in some given situation .

Not to say there are not ways around it.

It is on a Toyota, which isn't , to my knowledge, a vehicle make that he is
associated with.
But let me ask this : let's just say it WAS a Personalized plate that was his.

This would matter very much because......???

It is already clear he used "Lucky "as a Moniker.How would having that plate
Add or subtract an iota from the case against him?

Just wondering.

Why was bag brought to the shed on Laguna?

1. It was on his way home from where he disposed and it looked like a good spot.
2. It was out of his way but he wanted to make a statement.
3. He wanted to mislead pollice into thinking she was nearby.
4. He wanted the items out of his car and didn't care deeply if LE found them or not.
5. He wanted people to know she was gone for good.

Since all her clothing was found in the bag, I am going to assume he hid the body naked under brush or down an incline in the woods. He removed her clothing after death, folded them, placed them carefully in the bag and then discarded her. He returned near the scene of the crime and put her books and bag in a place where they would eventually be found. At this time he was feeling some remorse...so he carefully placed them together.

Question on your theory - can a cadever dog smell decomp on her clothes IF he undressed after she was dead... hate to say that... :maddening:

Keyboard sleuths....sorry, not really a resource that should be available to you-

associated with.

Just wondering.

I think people are just keen to make a link between Sierra's car tweets and AGT as part of the puzzle. Given it is very unlikely he just came across her between 7:11 and 7:24 that day, he likely stalked her, I wonder how brazen he was about it.

She used the plural, I wonder if he has any friends who realise now he had seen her, and perhaps on more than one occasion bothered her from the car?

OK,
But IF he had that plate, and then her tweet obliquely referenced his
Plate....I don't think it matters. If he harassed her from his car previously,
Or if he did so with someone else along in the car with him....I just fail to
See how it relates to successfully trying him for the crime.

The issue is murder, with the special circumstance of kidnapping.

Whatever license plate he may have had is a non-issue, as is her tweet about
Being harrangued by guys ( or a guy) in a car.....it might show intent in a vague way, but That sort of innuendo is so far afield from the sort of evidence needed to indict In a case like this, yes?

If this level of " evidence" is really relevant, they should open the cell door
Now and let him walk, because if they are bothering with this, they don't have
Enough real evidence to see it through.

I trust that it is not so.

Hi
Has it been discussed already regarding the tweet Sierra specifically stated that she woke up to her neck bleeding? Just trying to catch up on the fast moving threads from the last 2 weeks. It's mind boggling and to think that she was tasered before this...sorry if this was discussed already..TIA...JMO

SL has a mole on her neck. They bleed from time to time ... or mine does if it messed with by clothes, bed linens, pj's, etc. I don't think it was a biggie. :moo:

Question on your theory - can a cadever dog smell decomp on her clothes IF he undressed after she was dead... hate to say that... :maddening:
Yes they absolutely would have the scent of decomposition on them enough that a dog would be able to give a positive alert.. so IMO you bring up an excellent point that could be another indicator that LE have that Sierra is deceased..
(Oops sorry i see Sarx already answered.. should've kept reading:blushing: )

associated with.

Just wondering.

I understand what you are saying, but I think we are just trying to figure out if they knew each other in any way beforehand. Or if he was stalking her. This doesn't prove her murdered her or how he murdered her, which is obviously the most important question here, but I would imagine when a trial finally starts, this will be discussed as it might be how AGT came to know Sierra. If he was stalking her, it's an interesting part of this story. It would also show that he may have been planning this attack for some time which could indicate premeditation of sexually abusing and possibly murdering Sierra. I would not be surprised if the question of if they knew each other beforehand came up in that courtroom. It's just another piece of this puzzle.

As I said earlier, I don't think she was referencing his plate in her tweet. The word Lucky was not emphasized in any way. You would think if she saw a plate that said that, she might bold, italicize, or capitalize the word in her tweet, which she did not do. Also keep in mind that the time stamp on that tweet was 2am I believe, so unless she was up close to the car, I don't see how she could really see the plate. My original post on the matter was simply that I wondered if her tweets about a strange car might actually be about AGT's car. It's not really about the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danielfromlb